Off Topic Messages

THE BOARD HAS GOTTEN BETTER

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:05 am

i have just realised, that for a long time, there have been little or no arguments for quite some time. please keep it like this guys, the message board is a lot more enjoyable and happy. well done

........and this thread is not a reminder to start again :lol:

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:30 am

Why don't you shut the hell up and mind your own damn business. GEEESH!!

Oh, oooops, I just saw that last line. My bad. :oops:

Tom

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:38 am

actually i disagree.

it was better and more even when graceland gardener was here.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:40 am

Times change. There are some who thought it was better when Curtis was here as well.

Tom

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:49 am

opinions differ

but the board, i have noticed, has been pretty good for quite a while, and i am very pleased. it makes it a lot more enjoyable to post

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:53 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:it was better and more even when graceland gardener was here.

You can always go visit him. He is usually planting flowers and taking care of the lawn at Graceland. You'll find him there six days a week. Don't get him mixed up with the other guy there. The one known as Graceland Gardener on this board goes by the name of Festus at Graceland. He's the one with the patch over one eye (terrible lawn mowing accident) and the wad of chewing tobacco in his mouth. He usually has some tobacco juice dripping off of his chin. Last I saw him, he still had that one tooth in front.

Tell him we said hello.
Last edited by Rob on Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: THE BOARD HAS GOTTEN BETTER

Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:56 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:i have just realised, that for a long time, there have been little or no arguments for quite some time.

Isn't it just amazing?

Although I do kind of miss "The Rock." He knew what was cooking.

DJC

Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:09 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Although I do kind of miss "The Rock."

You are so bad!!

Tom

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:11 am

THE BOARD HAS GOTTEN BETTER

Yes, it has.

It's quite pleasant around here these days, and a majority of the talk is about Elvis Presley for a change. It's nice to have the attention back where it belongs.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:03 pm

i agree. it is is a lot more enjoyable

Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:37 pm

Well, so much for that!

Tom

Mon Apr 24, 2006 7:37 pm

I'm not so sure the board is any better.

The "off-topic" section is a bit of a snooze now that we have
gotten rid of one of more vocal right-wingers.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:41 am

Interesting points, Steve.

All in all, it's better from the perspective of not being as chaotic as it was, say, 3 or five years ago, but then it's lost something as a result.

We're also a bit more "talked out" on Elvis, I fear. Love him or hate him, but the Bendeth / ALLC thing seemed to really give us that sense that there was something "happening" in the Elvis world. Now we're nearing the end of the outtake barrel and fewer people care about live shows (not I) but then there is still some good work going on, be it "Elvis At Sun" or "Close-Up" or the "Loving You" FTD or "Made In Memphis." I do get the feeling we're winding down, especially as we have to make peace with Clambake outtakes and the lesser outtakes found on "...Memphis."

With all the FTDs and such, there's still more to discuss, but many subjects have been covered many times. But then many are worth revisiting.

But then all the great footage from EOT and TTWII has been a great boon, making '05 one of the best years in some time, so really I can't say it's over. And the import crowd is still keeping it interesting, especially Madison.

I also wonder if the other Elvis messageboards (some 5-7?) also drain off some of the contributions that would otherwise be made all at once.

Still, this remains the most interesting and lively one, with a focus on collecting and specifically, audio; sessions, and the music overall.

The knowledge level is higher here as a rule than the main elvis.com one and it's also just easier to use and more pleasing to the eye.

FECC still gets a thumbs up from me and surely others.

That's my feeling anyway.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:23 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Although I do kind of miss "The Rock."

Tom in North Carolina wrote:You are so bad!!

Seriously -- he had a nice flair for the dramatic. God bless him.

DJC

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:32 am

I'm going to have to do a search on The Rock.........sounds like an interesting guy. :lol:

Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:48 pm

[/quote]

Although I do kind of miss "The Rock." He knew what was cooking.

DJC[/quote]

I smelt what he was cooking once, smelt rather like a Lamb Bhuna.

Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:13 pm

tom i do miss you and curtis having a go, that was fun

Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:35 pm

It was for me too. :twisted:

Tom

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:11 pm

I don't understand you guys who say it's boring on here now.

We've got the Trivia Quizzes, the polls...................

Yeah, guess you've got a point.............................

Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:40 pm

Very much an improvement! Thanks Admin!! :D

It's once again a pleasure to come here everyday, and not to have a headache when I leave! :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:08 am

I do think the board has gotten better. There aren't people fighting as much or at all really.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:37 am

epfan22 wrote:tom i do miss you and curtis having a go, that was fun

Yeah, it was only the feuds with Maurice that were more entertaining. :roll:

Well, Steve, that's good news about more TTWII outttakes!

Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:52 pm

Gregory Nolan Jr. wrote:
I also wonder if the other Elvis messageboards (some 5-7?) also drain off some of the contributions that would otherwise be made all at once.

Good points, Gregory, but I'm not so sure that this is a reason for any fall off in creativity here. To be honest, there's no reason to even visit the other mbs....this is the one where it's at. All the others seem to crawl along on purile posts, quizes and "what song are you listening to? Gee, isn't this fun, hic, hic" threads.