Off Topic Messages

george michael

Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:16 pm

Is it just me , or is George Michael on the slippery slope to oblivion ??
The recent things that have happened to him must be a sign of something happening in his life

any comments

Sun Apr 23, 2006 1:53 pm

Well, it all depends if you believe everything in the papers and i certainly dont.

The media do seem to make a story out of nothing, to be honest.

He seems to be the happiest he has been for years.

One of the best singer/songwriters the UK has ever produced.

Got my tickets for his london shows. :lol:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:30 pm

The interview Michael gave on Parkinson last night was pathetic! Parkinson never challenged him on his version of events for both his recent motoring mishaps, and as usual, gave Michael an easy ride (ohh err Mrs!).

As Jonathan Ross said recently, George Michael has been famous for far too long, and is too far up his own arse, (amongst others).

The guy wants to get a sense of humour, cut out the dope, and stop feeling he is hard done by.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:35 pm

Ezzz wrote:The guy wants to.... stop feeling he is hard done by.

But that's how he like it !

Sun Apr 23, 2006 9:02 pm

I missed the Parky Show but remember that its edited so they proberly did talk about it but it wasnt shown.

Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:47 pm

Sean, do you really believe that ? There is nothing more the tv people would have liked, than a good old verbal ding-dong between Parkinson and Michael.

Colin.....how would you happen to know that ?.............you been slinking off down Old Compton Street again ?........... :wink:

Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:54 pm

Well whats happened to GM in the last month proberly wasnt that trival to him and he blocked it from being shown.

I think the reason why GM went on Parky was to promote his tour.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:25 am

Maybe he did go on Parkinson to promote his first tour since the 80`s, though it will sell out anyway. But he also appears on that show because he likes a good moan about how crap his life is supposed to be, and he knows Parkinson will go easy on him.

Mon Apr 24, 2006 1:53 pm

I think all this is just publicity to promote his latest tour and it worked! because all the papers are reporting that it sold out in two hours! My wife is disappointed as she wanted to go and see him, I'm not- i would have had to go with her!!

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:37 pm

I dont think he needed to go on Parky to promote his tour.

Most of the top companies who sold the tickets said it was one of the quickest sellouts they had ever had.

Hours after the tour had completely sold out, tickets were going for 3-4 times the normal price on Ebay.

Regardless of his personal life or if you like his music, he is one the most successful singer/songwriters the UK has ever produced.

Re: george michael

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:49 pm

presleygirl wrote:Is it just me , or is George Michael on the slippery slope to oblivion ??
The recent things that have happened to him must be a sign of something happening in his life

any comments

Let's hope so. He's a slimey xxx. That's all.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:51 pm

Ezzz wrote:Colin.....how would you happen to know that ?.............you been slinking off down Old Compton Street again ?........... :wink:

Why, no.

Wot's been goin' on down there, then ?

Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:54 am

Tits McGhee wrote:
presleygirl wrote:Is it just me , or is George Michael on the slippery slope to oblivion ??

any comments

I cant believe the immaturity in your comments.

All you seem to do is come on this messageboard with your vulgar,rude, degrading remarks.
You really are a very sad, lonely person who thinks its funny to come out with some of the things you do.
Why dont you grow up and start acting like an adult.

Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:04 am

Sean Ryan wrote:
Tits McGhee wrote:

any comments

I cant believe the immaturity in your comments.

All you seem to do is come on this messageboard with your vulgar,rude, degrading remarks.
You really are a very sad, lonely person who thinks its funny to come out with some of the things you do.
Why dont you grow up and start acting like an adult.

Sean, I think you have selective reading problems. And I'm not lonely, nor am I sad. And I've been an adult for a long time now.

Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:06 pm

I agree, it used to be a great weekend event watching a Parkinson interview. His 'sparring' sessions with Ali were absolute brilliance and among the best tv ever imo. However you you get the impression his latest comeback to the screen is purely financial.The insightful questioning of yesteryear is replaced by almost complete disinterest and by the numbers shows.