Off Topic Messages

John Mellencamp

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:30 am

My wife and I were fortunate enough to catch Mellencamp in concert last Friday night as part of his 12 city mini tour. He played for an hour and a half and put on a great show. He sang all the songs you would have expected to hear plus 2 new songs on an album that will be out this summer or fall. For a 54 year old he can still really rock. We had a lot of fun and will go see him again if he is around. He made some comments about winning the war on poverty, continuing Farm Aid, and bringing the troops home. Normally I don't care to hear an entertainers political or social comments but he is the real deal and didn't waste a lot of time bashing individual people. I respect him a lot for that. I didn't start out as a fan of his but my wife loves his music and she got me hooked. This was the third time we've seen him and I would go again. Great show from a great artist. If you get the chance, go see him. Also, he had a country/rock group open up for him called Little Big Town. They were really good too. We bought their latest CD the next day and have listened to it a few times. There are some cool songs like Boondocks, Good As Gone, and Welcome to The Family. I hope they break through and make it big. Then I can say I was a fan of theirs from years back.

Fri Apr 21, 2006 5:34 am

John's made some great recordings through the years, among my very favorites are "Colored Lights" and "Minutes To Memories." Thanks for the post about his current stage show.

DJC

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:43 am

54! did'nt know he was that old

great songs he has

I need a lover and it won't drive me crazy!!!!!!!