Off Topic Messages

Time machine

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:26 pm

Don't you wish you had a time machine?
Seeing an LP in the shop window but you do not buy it. Later it is for sale for an extremely high price.
Or you run a shop and sell discs cheaply. The same discs that buyers later sell on Ebay for outrageous prices.
Or you cut all those nice photo's out of the music magazines and plaster them on the walls of your room. Now these magazines are sold for a high price. And you moved a couple of times so all photo's are gone, gone, gone.
Or you make photo's of artists and groups and give them away to friends and now see people pay over the top prices for private photo's of those artists?
Or you get autographs but since you do not collect them, you give these away after which the artist dies and the price for his/her autograph rises beyond belief?

Happy Easter!

Re: Time machine

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:47 pm

Luuk wrote:Don't you wish you had a time machine?
Seeing an LP in the shop window but you do not buy it.
Later it is for sale for an extremely high price.


Yeah !

My dad chastised me for buying the Elvis' Rock 'n' Roll & Rock 'n' Roll No.2 albums !

"Waste of money" he said.

The best advice he could have given me was:

"Buy 6 copies of each, keep 5 of them unplayed and in mint condition and wait 20 years"

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, isn't it ?

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:47 pm

Very uplifting thoughts, Luuk! Personal experiences? :D

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:57 pm

Well if i had a TimeMachine all i would do was wait for the Lottery Rollover
for the numbers to come up on Saturday night then get in my TimeMachine and go back a few days, get a ticket, wait for the Lottery results, pick up my winnings, buy as many rare Elvis records on Ebay plus a few mansions and Beachfront properties around the world, etc. :wink:

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:24 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:Well if i had a TimeMachine all i would do was wait for the Lottery Rollover for the numbers to come up on Saturday night


Well, that's a good example of why a time machine can never work !

And if one could be invented at sometime in the future, wouldn't we be swamped with people coming back to today ?

So where are they ?

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:45 pm

ColinB wrote:
Sean Ryan wrote:Well if i had a TimeMachine all i would do was wait for the Lottery Rollover for the numbers to come up on Saturday night


Well, that's a good example of why a time machine can never work !

And if one could be invented at sometime in the future, wouldn't we be swamped with people coming back to today ?

So where are they ?


I always thought you were ahead of yourself :? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 14, 2006 3:58 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:
I always thought you were ahead of yourself :? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


There's no answer to that.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:40 pm

KHoots wrote:Very uplifting thoughts, Luuk! Personal experiences? :D


Yes!

However, all my past experiences (good and bad) made me the person I am today and I am quite happy these days.
Besides, in those days selling discs meant I could pay the rent and buy food. That's what running a shop was all about.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:31 pm

Luuk wrote:...all my past experiences (good and bad) made me the person I am today and I am quite happy these days...


Isn't that the truth? We all did what we did for a reason(s). Even if mom and dad had implored me NOT to touch my records, it wouldn't have stopped me. Sure, I would have saved myself a lot of money over the years if I had left my stuff alone, but what the heck...Shelling out more cash has led to many more happy experiences over the years, and a much bigger appreciation for what I have.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:04 pm

ColinB wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:
I always thought you were ahead of yourself :? :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


There's no answer to that.


yeas there is cause you have just answered it. :wink:

Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:47 pm

Talking of time machines,did anybody see that fantastic 4 part programme on the BBC last month about "Time"?

According to physicist Michio Kaku,it's a scientific fact that time can go backwards,there's nothing to prevent it,it hasn't done it yet,and may never do it,but there is no reason why it can't.

Also,the "Blueprint for a time machine has already been made" if we could harness enough power we could time travel,both backwards and forwards.they know how to achieve it,but don't have the power.

That is a scary thought.

It'll be back to Vegas '69 for me !!!

:D

Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:57 pm

Well all we need is C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E. put em all together and what have you got...........Confidence. :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:20 am

if i had a time machine i would go back to 1956 in new york city to see elvis on some of those great tv shows & to catch the allen freed shows with jerry lee/chuck berry/little richard and all those great doo-wop groups that were on his shows.i would go to one of those record shops with the booth that you can try the record out before you buy it.go to a malt shop and hang out on a street corner and sing with a doowop group.well a man can dream can't he lol. :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:37 am

Steve_M wrote:It's 50 years plus since Doc Brown invented the flux capacitor on November 5th 1955.


Great Scott!! My God, has it been that long? :wink: