Off Topic Messages

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:00 pm

Next time i think i may be in trouble i will post on here - forget calling 999 (911 to our American friends)!

Andrew

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:09 am

hon...tylenol won't kill ya with 7 pills. i'm pretty sure.

i took 100 asprin once in a suicide attempt. it doesn't work. you just spend a weekend vomitting it all up, and about a month with your hand shaking.

just tell me you didn't eat blueberry poundcake before if you did an asprin/tylenol-flavored throw-up marathon...because then i feel your pain. blueberry poundcake and asprin tastes horrible together on the up-chuck.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:18 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:hon...tylenol won't kill ya with 7 pills. i'm pretty sure.

i took 100 asprin once in a suicide attempt. it doesn't work. you just spend a weekend vomitting it all up, and about a month with your hand shaking.

just tell me you didn't eat blueberry poundcake before if you did an asprin/tylenol-flavored throw-up marathon...because then i feel your pain. blueberry poundcake and asprin tastes horrible together on the up-chuck.

Wow....... You are lucky EB! 100 ASA in anyone else would have caused probable lethal stomach ulcerations!
As for the tylenol - no, probably not deadly. The max APAP (tylenol) a normal person should limit themselves to in a 24 hour period is no more than 2G-4G (2000mg-4000mg) --- and with 7 tylenol 3 - that equates to 3500MG of APAP if they are the regular 30mg-codeine/500mg-apap T3's. As long as our friend doesn't do this on a daily basis, he will be just fine. But if the pain is continued to be uncontrolled with the T3's - at that amount, I would highly recommend him seeing his doc to see if he could get "upgraded" to Lortab which has a much better analgesic (pain relieving) effect than the codeine in T3's. The LD-50 (Lethal Dose) fluctuates anywhere from 7G-10G BTW. But the jury is still out on what truly is the LD-50 of APAP.
Just my opinion. Advice given here is not meant to replace a face-face consultation with a doctor.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:21 am

Scatter wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:
Sean Ryan wrote:Years ago i found some small lumps on my scalp and couldnt figure out what it was but really thought that i might have been taken up by a UFO and had things done to me.It was only a few days later i realised i had chickpox.

True Story.

Phew! I'm glad it turned out to be just chickenpox Sean, and not alien abduction. I just couldn't bear the thought of you having had an anal probe by those little grey guys with the big eyes! :wink: :lol:

Yes Pete........that is a fate worse than death. The worst part is that they refuse to avert those big eyes when inserting the probe.

Cheeky devils :lol:

THE PROBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ????????
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANYTHING BUT THE PROBE MR. ALIEN!

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:03 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote: blueberry poundcake and asprin tastes horrible together on the up-chuck.

See, you come on an Elvis MB and you learn something you never knew.......................

Now all I need to know is........... what is blueberry poundcake ?

Fri Apr 14, 2006 12:27 pm

1 cup butter softened
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 cups flour divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pint fresh blueberries 2 c. frozen, thawed
PREPARATION:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time and beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Sift 2 cups flour, salt and baking powder together. Add sifted ingredients to creamed mixture and beat. Dredge berries in remaining flour. Gently fold floured berries into the batter. Grease and dust a tube pan with confectioners' sugar or flour; pour batter into it. Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until it tests done.

YUCK....what a concoction :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:29 pm

"Now all I need to know is........... what is blueberry poundcake ?"

Probably one of the reasons why so many guys look like Oliver Hardy`s fatter brother, over in America...... :D

Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:40 am

Ezzz wrote:"Now all I need to know is........... what is blueberry poundcake ?"

Probably one of the reasons why so many guys look like Oliver Hardy`s fatter brother, over in America...... :D

Wait a minute now...................... :x

:lol:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:51 am

Has anyone heard from Joe???

Sat Apr 15, 2006 6:52 am

Well, you may be right Ezzz..........I imagine if all we had to eat was Brit food we'd be far slimmer.

Boiled meat anyone??? :lol: :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:19 am

Well, I must admit.........I like corned beef.

I was just playing off the stereotype of British cuisine. Like the stereotype of all Brits having bad teeth. You know........like the stereotype that all Americans are fat :wink:

Wait a minute...........perhaps the bad teeth are what necessitates the boiled meat :shock: :lol:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:25 am

carolynlm wrote:please tell me (truthfully) what is the Aussie stereotype..... :lol: :lol:

The Aussies have marsupial pouch envy :lol:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:33 am

A marsupial pouch is the pouch on kangaroos in which the young are kept.

C'mon Caro....try to keep up :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:51 am

I would pack my pouch with M&Ms :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:56 am

Scatter wrote:I would pack my pouch with M&Ms :wink:

They would melt :roll: :wink:

Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:54 pm

Scatter wrote:

Well, you may be right Ezzz..........I imagine if all we had to eat was Brit food we'd be far slimmer.

Boiled meat anyone??? :lol: :wink:

Boiled meat?????..................never heard of such a dish!

Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:11 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:
Scatter wrote:I would pack my pouch with M&Ms :wink:

They would melt :roll: :wink:

So much the better......... :wink:

Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:26 am

So is Joe still around???
Or did he bite the bullet???

:?

Thu Apr 20, 2006 10:56 am

sam wrote:So is Joe still around???

He bit the bullet and kicked the bucket.

He is an ex-poster, he's ceased to be, he's demised, he's gone to meet his maker, he's shuffled off this mortal coil and joined the choir invisible !

Apart from that, he's fine !

Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:36 pm

when I die, I'm being cremated and having a loved one go to Memphis and scatter my ashes on Elvis Presley's grave in the Meditation Garden.

Some people I've mentioned this plan to, tell me they probably won't let you do that and I say so what. You don't ask Graceland if you can, you just walk up there and do it. Say a little prayer, think a kind thought, open the ziplock baggie and dump me on the engraved TCB lightning bolt!

Sat Apr 22, 2006 6:38 am

ColinB wrote:
sam wrote:So is Joe still around???

He bit the bullet and kicked the bucket.

He is an ex-poster, he's ceased to be, he's demised, he's gone to meet his maker, he's shuffled off this mortal coil and joined the choir invisible !

Apart from that, he's fine !

Man, I haven't seen Monty Python in AGES!!!!!!!! Gotta love it!!!:lol: :lol: