No votes
Not worth the money
3%

Total votes : 39

FTD - Godsend or The Devil's Work ?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:32 pm

What do you think ?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:39 pm

I think there's room for an 'excellent' option there Colin. Ernst and Roger won't get any criticism from me for sure. If anything the series spoils us as we feel it's our right to demand every soundboard and out-take in the format we would prefer.

ps......on-topic surely ??? :D

Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:42 pm

I think that we should be grateful that there is such a thing. For someone like myself who has been collecting for nearly 30 years, this is a dream come true. Again, I was a member of the "old school" where I was glad to get my hands on an audience recorded cassette tape. There are way too many spoiled people here who do not know first hand what it was like to be a fan in the late 70's and all through the 80's.

This is not necessarily Off Topic though. I've seen much less posted in the All Elvis section.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:05 pm

[quote="Rob"]I think that we should be grateful that there is such a thing. For someone like myself who has been collecting for nearly 30 years, this is a dream come true. Again, I was a member of the "old school" where I was glad to get my hands on an audience recorded cassette tape. There are way too many spoiled people here who do not know first hand what it was like to be a fan in the late 70's and all through the 80's.

Well said!

Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:26 pm

Delboy wrote:I think there's room for an 'excellent' option there Colin.

Well, yeah, I guess the No.1 will have to cover that.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:16 pm

I am happy that FTD label exists. But grateful? Should I be grateful Ford, Toyotas and Mercedes make great cars? No.. But I am happy they and lots of others do. It should be the other way around...Everyone involved in Elvis bu$ine$$ should be grateful for our loyalty. The way Elvis himself was.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:31 pm

JLGB wrote:I am happy that FTD label exists. But grateful? Should I be grateful Ford, Toyotas and Mercedes make great cars?

But the fans of some other performers have been loyal too.

And they don't have legitimate access to all those outtakes etc that we enjoy through FTD.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:43 pm

I am very thankful for anything I can get my grubby little hands on. We have all read about various "issues" and this and that, but I don't have many (if any) gripes about anything. I have had countless hours of enjoyment that I would not otherwise have had.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:45 pm

Well other artists with loyal fans (Sinatra) are unlucky because the estate decides to release or not. And they only release what comes first on bootleg. It would be naive to think FTD was created solely to please the fans. Elvis is still a good provider. 8) Like I said happy! Make it extremely happy.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:58 pm

I voted good here Colin. As much as i love and look forward to these cd`s, i refuse to be grateful...............smacks to much of grovelling, for something we pay over the odds for as it is.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:00 pm

I've always thought the price was very reasonable?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:41 pm

I would`nt exactly say reasonable Chris, though the 7inch FTD`s are better value. They could still knock a few quid off the price though.

Re: FTD - Godsend or The Devil's Work ?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:56 pm

ColinB wrote:What do you think ?

It seems to me this query is really unnecessary -- how can anyone rationally condemn this label? It is there for the hardcore fans, to supplant and improve upon the "import" trade, and to buttress catalog items no longer considered worthy of retail by BMG.

Besides, if you don't like 'em, you don't have to buy 'em.

DJC

Re: FTD - Godsend or The Devil's Work ?

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:01 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ColinB wrote:What do you think ?

It seems to me this query is really unnecessary -- how can anyone rationally condemn this label?

Well, we read criticisms on here daily.

I thought a poll might show how posters really felt.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:28 pm

I understand. But, Colin, we already know who the nutjobs are here ...

DJC

Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:45 pm

I surely do not know the "nutjobs", unless of course, I am one of them, on this as-of-now very small thread.

Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:32 pm

We should be grateful for what we get.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:15 am

Renan wrote:We should be grateful for what we get.
Life in general. Yes! :)

Thu Apr 13, 2006 5:40 am

Hmmmmmmm........the term grateful really is inapplicable.

Gratitude is a response to charity. FTD and EPE are hardly doing this because they wish to repay us for our years of loyalty.

They wish to part us from our money.....which is perfectly fine with me, Capitalist Pig that I am. I'm all for the free market.

There are issues with the product at times to be sure, but I'm glad that they are available without reservation. And I hope they continue.

But I'm not grateful that I'm able to keep Lisa and Pris shedding engrams and discovering their true Thetan selves through Scientology brain scrambling.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 10:39 am

Scatter wrote:Hmmmmmmm........the term grateful really is inapplicable.
Gratitude is a response to charity. FTD and EPE are hardly doing this because they wish to repay us for our years of loyalty.

Well, 'poor' may not be applicable either.

It's a poll.

What you do in a poll is select the answer nearest to your view.

If none of them come close, don't vote.

Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:35 pm

I voted good. I'm certainly grateful for FTD, but there's room for improvement in some areas. They shouldn't be adverse to constructive criticism.

Fri Apr 14, 2006 6:21 am

Pete Dube wrote: They shouldn't be adverse to constructive criticism.
Oh, but there is...

Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:00 am

ColinB wrote:
Scatter wrote:Hmmmmmmm........the term grateful really is inapplicable.

Well, 'poor' may not be applicable either.

It's a poll.

What you do in a poll is select the answer nearest to your view.

If none of them come close, don't vote.

Don't get snippy with me Colin........I'll break in and steal your computer again :wink:

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:16 am

Scatter wrote:Don't get snippy with me Colin........I'll break in and steal your computer again :wink:

Your admission has been passed to the appropriate authority.

Be afraid.

Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:I understand. But, Colin, we already know who the nutjobs are here ...

DJC

Yes..dont we just Doc :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: