The Vegas Years Vol 1 New Import - Audiophile label

Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
ForeverElvis
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

The Vegas Years Vol 1 New Import - Audiophile label

Post by ForeverElvis »

Last edited by ForeverElvis on Thu May 11, 2006 9:57 am, edited 5 times in total.

elvispresleyfan1935
Registered for: 18 years 1 month

Post by elvispresleyfan1935 »

thanks for the link

Train I ride, sixteen coaches long

Topic author
ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

Has anyone else heard this release yet? opinions?

Always Elvis
Anthony

Topic author
ForeverElvis

liner notes etc...

Post by ForeverElvis »

I quite like the liner notes, layout etc. With above average sound this is one of the better audience recordings available.

Always Elvis
Anthony

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

I've got this one. The sound quality isn't half bad. It starts out w/no 2001...goes right into a pretty energetic rendition of CC Rider.

As Elvis is doing the "wells"... the audience plays along and does them with him. It's a funny moment. Another moment is with "And I Love You So"...the band starts without Elvis and he isn't ready...he's goofing with a girl...after that a good rendition. There are a few other false starts on the cd..."Big Boss Man"..."I don't like it...I'm tired of it"...so he doesn't do it. Instead he goes into "You Don't Have To Say You Love Me"....a nice surprise for this period and it sounds good. Other standout moments include "Burning Love"...he remembers the lyrics and puts in a lot of effort. The audience reacts as a result. Fairy Tale is good...I'll Remember You is good...Throwaway "Hound Dog" typical of this period... after that there's a funny moment with an underaged girl in the audience...Elvis refers to her as jailbait. He seems in a good mood...interacting a lot with the audience on this show...taking requests...such as a nice version of "Bridge" ...then two falst starts before "Little Darlin'"...Elvis wants to get it right and instructs the band on how to start it. Next, Elvis introduces Liberace. Then, "Hawaiian Wedding Song"...pretty version of this....then Elvis closes the show with CHFIL...a pretty standard show overall for this period...but enjoyable and worth getting, IMO.

The next few songs from a different date during this period are not quite the same sound quality as the complete show, but definitely listenable and worth hearing....especially a surprisingly good version of "Sweet Caroline."

Enjoy!

Eagle

Rob

Post by Rob »

Why is this in the Off Topic section?

Topic author
ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

why not? - it is also in the trade centre

Always Elvis
Anthony

Rob

Post by Rob »

Why not?

Because it is an Elvis Presley CD we are talking about on an Elvis Presley board. It is not Off Topic and I don't see anyone wanting to trade for it. It should at the very least be in the Review section if not in the All Elvis section.

Topic author
ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

If i put it in the all elvis section i'd get slammed there (as has happened in the past) - there are way too many individuals with different ideas as to what the criteria should be for each category of this message board.
The fact I chose to put it in the off-topic section shouldn't ruin your day.

Rob

Post by Rob »

ForeverElvis wrote:The fact I chose to put it in the off-topic section shouldn't ruin your day.
Well, the whole day sucked and it's all your fault.

Topic author
ForeverElvis

Post by ForeverElvis »

aim to please

Always Elvis
Anthony