Off Topic Messages

Kenny Rogers on American Idol

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:53 am

Did anyone catch Kenny Rogers coaching the contestants on AI tonight?

If you hadn't heard the voice, you would think it was a bad Kenny Rogers impersonator ... the man has had more work done, and he's totally lost his cheekbones, pug nose, and his eyes are oriental.

Such a shame, he should hook up with Priscilla and appear as bad celebrity lookalikes. Seriously, someone must've damaged his "Dorian Gray" portrait.

http://www.kennyrogers.com/images/photo7.jpg

Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:24 am

Yeah I just got through watching it taht was pretty neat having him on there.

Re: Kenny Rogers on American Idol

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:01 am

TCB TED wrote:If you hadn't heard the voice, you would think it was a bad Kenny Rogers impersonator ... the man has had more work done, and he's totally lost his cheekbones, pug nose, and his eyes are oriental.

It makes you wonder if there was anyone watching tonight who didn't think the same thing...

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:06 am

I read that Bruce Springsteen will be on an upcoming American Idol and will actually perform as well.

Has anyone heard this :?:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:41 am

minkahed wrote:I read that Bruce Springsteen will be on an upcoming American Idol and will actually perform as well.

Nope, but thats good news, I am a fan of the show it should be cool to see him on there though.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:59 am

minkahed wrote:I read that Bruce Springsteen will be on an upcoming American Idol and will actually perform as well.

It was an April Fool's Joke.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:58 pm

I hadn't heard that, but it would make for an interesting show. Too bad "Chicken Little" was booted before he had a chance to do a Bruce tune. That would have made for some snazzy television, ya think?

Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:00 pm

KHoots wrote:I hadn't heard that, but it would make for an interesting show. Too bad "Chicken Little" was booted before he had a chance to do a Bruce tune. That would have made for some snazzy television, ya think?

KHoots -
I must refer you to my post on the 'ol' timers' thread regarding the use of the word 'snazzy.' :lol:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:15 pm

Gotcha, Pete. I was trying to come up with a word, and "snazzy" came to mind. I have since retired it! :D

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:19 pm

Kenny definitely looks and sounds bad now imo, quite sad to see.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:28 pm

I agree Big Boss Man, he sounded very bad. :cry:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:02 pm

looking forward to seeing it we will get it this friday.great show never miss it.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:43 pm

Kenny definately did look different... and I do not mean that in a good way. I can't understand why he did all that to himself... he was a good looking man. (Now... not so nice!!!) 8)

Kenny is to sing on tonight's show... sure hope his voice is still the same beautiful voice . He sure did mess his face up. :D

At least last nigh Simon did admit that he did not like Country Music... why is he on the show if he does not enjoy all types of music???

Yep... Kenny and "Silly Cilla" would make a good couple now.. plastic faces :roll: :wink: Dovey

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:50 pm

shame simon said he does not like country as most of the best songs are country songs.simon is the best judge on the show by a (country) mile but that is a poor thing to say since there are 2 country singers still on the show and last years winner was a country singer.i think america voted and it loves country music.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 11:14 pm

rocknroller wrote:shame simon said he does not like country as most of the best songs are country songs.simon is the best judge on the show by a (country) mile but that is a poor thing to say since there are 2 country singers still on the show and last years winner was a country singer.i think america voted and it loves country music.

I agree, long live country music 8)

Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:25 am

rocknroller wrote:shame simon said he does not like country as most of the best songs are country songs.simon is the best judge on the show by a (country) mile but that is a poor thing to say since there are 2 country singers still on the show and last years winner was a country singer.i think america voted and it loves country music.

So he cannot say if he likes Country or not? :roll:

Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:56 am

nope not when there are 2 country singers left in the contest,it means every time they do a country song they know simon wont like it.he should have just keeped it to himself.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:07 pm

That is silly. He is entitled to say whatever he wants.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:35 pm

I guess it really does not matter if Simon likes Country Music or not because the fans are the ones that vote :lol: and the two Country Singers are still there. (Both are pretty darn good too!!)

I like country as you can tell. :shock:

Kenny sure does not look handsome anymore. (I didn't really think men thought much about that kind of stuff... but then again... he does have a beautiful young wife)

Maybe I am silly, but I think you are as old as you feel. (You can't change what is inside so not much use of doing something drastic to the outside) :oops: Dovey :wink:

Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:11 pm

I like Kenny Rogers, but I thought having him on the show was a very curious choice. He is nowhere near being the (cosmetically-altered) "face" of today's country music. There were far better artist selections they could have made. If you're a Simon Cowell-type, you're led to believe that Rogers is still "the man." Hardly.

Now, next week should be very interesting, with the spotlight moving to the music of Queen. Bring it on!

Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:50 pm

i will see the one with kenny rogers tonight but i agree they should have got one of the more modern country singers on the show.last year they had rascal flatts on with carrie underwood and it was great.i will look forward to next weeks too with it being queen songs as they are my top band.

Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:20 pm

I don't, I like seeing some of the older country singers, just my opinion 8) .