Off Topic Messages

ETA Crime

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:21 pm

This article appears in today's Toronto Sun.

Tell me again how tribute artist's don't harm Elvis' image.

http://www.torontosun.ca/News/TorontoAn ... 7-sun.html

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:33 pm

So the guys suite got stolen, serves him right :lol:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:58 pm

Quote from the article: "But that's all right, mama, said Baxter, who isn't all shook up by the theft."

Does every writer on this big ol' earth have to use the worn-to-a-frazzle "all shook up" reference when writing an Elvis-related article? I can't count the times writers have started columns with "Elvis fans are all shook up..." Gadzooks!

As for finding the jumpsuit, simple. Just wait until the thief puts it on for a night on the town, then snatch him.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:02 pm

KHoots wrote:As for finding the jumpsuit, simple. Just wait until the thief puts it on for a night on the town, then snatch him.

Hey, theres an idea 8)

Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:33 pm

Now here's a funny thought....

That guitar the guy has on (crappy straps and all)... does it remind anybody else of those 80s Elvis Barbie-size-dolls that all came with gold belts and electric guitars?

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:21 am

I'm only sorry the moron didn't get everything else taken as well.

I'm not a prude, but preaching the Gospel as an ETA is borderline blasphemous.

Maybe this was the Almighty's way of telling this idiot so...........

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:31 am

people reading this article must think Elvis was some fool, and us fans are weird crazy people

and i for one, hope that ETA does'nt get his suit back. serves him right

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:52 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:people reading this article must think Elvis was some fool, and us fans are weird crazy people

Well some of us are!!!

:smt075 :smt076 :smt109 :smt103 :smt040 :smt051 :smt031 :smt030 :smt028 :smt027

8)
Not me though!!! :wink:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:36 am

What a knob.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:48 am

Tits McGhee wrote:What a knob.

Brevity is the soul of wit :lol:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:55 am

Tits McGhee wrote:What a knob.

So you're the one who's been peeking!!! :oops:

:wink:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Now who here stole the jumpsuit? When I went I only took the plastic sunglasses, sideburns and wig.

KHoots wrote:Does every writer on this big ol' earth have to use the worn-to-a-frazzle "all shook up" reference when writing an Elvis-related article? I can't count the times writers have started columns with "Elvis fans are all shook up..." Gadzooks!

Mirrors my opinion. EPE should send them a free duck, because they are just as "creative" as their articles.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:57 pm

Melanie wrote:EPE should send them a free duck, because they are just as "creative" as their articles.

:lol: