Off Topic Messages

THE DOORS (THEY ROCK!)

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:04 am

what a frigging awesome band these guys were! people may probably think of Jim Morrison, the lead singer, as a stoned disturbed screaming idiot. well as disturbed and stoned as he may have been, he made some addictive awesome songs, which i was just listening to then. in my eyes, he was a charismatic, poetic man.
can anybody here direct me to some sites that have overviews of tours and concerts. i have checked sites out with some reviews, and it sounds like he had an interesting concert career.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:18 am

People can say what they will about Jim Morrison. IMO he is one of the greatest singers in rock music history. His voice sounds very warm and rich (I love it) and he has that nice vibrato touch completely lacking in todays rock scene. He could probably sing just about anything he wanted with ease...besides opera of course.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Mar 31, 2006 10:36 am

hoh yes The Doors are awesome. amazing fantastic music

you might want to check out their official site (the message board has alot of info as well. i've learned alot there): http://www.thedoors.com/

you should also check out Jim's poetry. because that's awesome: http://www.huddersfield1.co.uk/poetry/m ... poetry.htm

Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:22 pm

There are many songs I like. The Doors are still popular!!

Songs like: "Touch Me" and "Break On Through" would have been perfect in Elvis voice IMO.

Renan.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:11 pm

Break On Through....sung by Elvis...I think NOT...!!! :shock:

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:27 pm

MB280E wrote:Break On Through....sung by Elvis...I think NOT...!!! :shock:

Sincerely MB280E

Yes. I always imagine Elvis singing this song with the 68 Comeback Special voice....it was very loud and strong!

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:44 pm

It´s not Elvis´ style of rock and roll at all!

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:46 pm

MB280E wrote:Break On Through....sung by Elvis...I think NOT...!!! :shock:

Sincerely MB280E

I agree a 100%!

Then again..I dont like The Doors one bit...

Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 am

The Doors are GREAT!

Innovative music with power.