Off Topic Messages

An Idea For Sue

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:23 pm

It was clear after her passing just how special a lady Sue was. Here was a lady who truly cared about other people and touched the hearts of many on this board.

I feel that her generosity and kindness should be reflected by our gang and I've had an idea along those lines.

Since we know that she did so much for charitable causes, why don't we have some sort of auction on this mb and give money raised to a charity in Sue's name? I'm sure those of you who knew her well would have an idea of the causes she supported and it'd be a nice way of remembering her own kindness.

I've told Tom In North Carolina about the idea, and he is willing to kindly donate a coule of autographed items. Thanks, Tom.

So, come on. I'm sure Sue would have loved the idea and, as I've said, it would serve as a fitting memorial on this board to a special lady.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:52 pm

Dear Andrew and Tom,
Thank you both for such a lovely idea. You both exemplify what Elvis was all about.
Vi
Last edited by violets on Tue May 09, 2006 4:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:26 pm

Great idea, Andrew, let's do it !

Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:37 pm

Hi Vi,

Thanks for sharing that with us.

Glad we've got quite a few potetnial charities to chose from and I'm sure we can find an address for the ones you've mentioned. Terrific causes, all of them.

Good to see you on board, Colin.

Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:10 pm

I think this is a wonderful idea!!! As Andrew said, I would be delighted to donate an autographed item or two to this great cause. I'll start making some calls to see what I can get.

Tom

Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:07 pm

great ideal andrew

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:22 am

I`m sorry, but I have to make an input here, a while back, for a Childrens Hospice here in Newcastle I offered two signed posters from the Elvis#30 No`1s, one signed by David Bendeth (Both were donated by Davi)and the other by the writer of Way Down, and you know what.. I got not one single offer..Fecc members have short pockets, can I suggest that if funds are raised, its by the way Jordan got money for his site, with the help of TINC, ie..you make a donation and you have a chance of winning a prize.I did and I got a lovely pencil sketch of Elvis.

Just so you know, I paid £100 into the Hospice fund for the two posters which I kept for myself, but I would gladly part with one for the cause.

Get your wallets out guys :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:33 am

Very cool idea!

Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:25 am

Last edited by violets on Tue May 09, 2006 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 am

AND Carolyn, theres another category 5 one on the way to the W.A. god help them

Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:42 pm

Very neat idea Andrew.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:53 am

Carolyn, thank God, the cyclone that passed W.A did'nt do much damage. thank God, we don't need more damage.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:03 am

God Bless Australia

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:24 pm

Thanks for the ideas, Rusty and the rest of you.

When we have some pieces to auction, we can set a date for the sale. Any thoughts on how we could do it on this site?