Off Topic Messages

Ronnie McDowell 56 today!!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Ronnie McDowell turns 56 today, one of my all-time-favourite singers. I remember buying that first record THE KING IS GONE in 1992 and have been hooked ever since. He´s recorded a great number of albums, many of which climbed the charts.
I met the guy too!!! In Denmark 6 years ago, I run into him at a Hotel. He followed my up the stairs and I knew I had just had to tell him how much his singing meant to me. He was very kind, and we even sang a duet of a song he cut many moons ago titled Emotions. Wow that was a thrill!

Rock on Ronnie!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:36 pm

i thought he was brilliant in the 1968 film 'Planet Of The Apes'.

Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:58 pm

Very Funny Sean!!! Hahahahahahaha, btw didn´t you hang out with The King in 1974, and later married James Caan? The same person, or am I wrong?!

Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:11 pm

hahahahahaha . your getting confused with my Mum Sheila Ryan. I Am Elvis's son but keep it quiet ,i dont want all the attention ok. :wink:

Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:41 pm

Well, Happy Birthday, Ronnie !

Don't know why, but I thought he was no longer with us !

Guess I'm confusing him with some other sound-alike.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:04 am

Happy Birthday to Ronnie McDowell

I saw him perfrom and meet him once. He is a realy nice guy but I have never seen him in the same way I see Elvis.

He is a really good guy. Dovey

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:17 am

Can't take him seriously because of his wig...

...and because he thinks soo much of himself.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:22 am

Your the man, Tits. :wink:

Re: Ronnie McDowell 56 today!!

Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:24 am

drghanem wrote:Ronnie McDowell turns 56 today, one of my all-time-favourite singers. I remember buying that first record THE KING IS GONE in 1992 and have been hooked ever since. I run into him at a Hotel. He followed my up the stairs and I knew I had just had to tell him how much his singing meant to me. He was very kind

He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. I have talked to him on several occasions myself. He's a good person and I wish him many more years of success.

His son plays drums in his father's band and is a very talented young man as well.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:13 pm

Hey Tits, WHAT!?!? Does Ronnie wear a wig? How you know, surely he just has great hair and it may look like a piece. Balding or not, he´s a great singer and person.

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:14 pm

Tits always seems to make a Tit of himself. :lol:

Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:18 pm

A very cordial man, and a pleasure to talk to. Happy birthday, Ronnie!

Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:35 am

Yes he wears a wig.

I saw him and some hot chick a couple of years ago at a Cracker Barrel here in Nashville.

It was kind of funny, he and this girl sat at a huge round table that seats about 8 people. Just the two of them.

He sat facing the rest of the restaurant with an arrogant "everyone look at me" attitude.

I wanted to go up to him and ask him if he was Bill Anderson. :D

With that wig, that's who he looked like.

My wife wouldn't let me.

RKS

Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:18 am

I met him at a party in Nashville two or three years ago. What an arrogant git. Full of himself and for what reason? He copped someone else's act - period.

And yes, he wears a wig. Tut, tut, baldy nut.

I think his next release will be 'The Hair Is Gone'.