Off Topic Messages

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:46 pm

Pretty sad to read all these posts of people attacking each other..... :cry:

Bad.....very bad.....

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:58 pm

Steve_M wrote:Unless anyone broke into Judys house and used her computer I do not see how this could be someone who did not know her personally.
also, i know what was written to me in the e-mails and it was things that only Judy and myslef knew unless Judy told her friends, which she did.

Unless it actually is Judy. Ever considered that one? None of my friends have access to any of my accounts -- emails, message board accounts, etc.

It is not my intention to make anyone feel bad about being here or to hound anyone off the board. But you have to admit: we're dealing with something problematic. The anonymity of the Internet renders mourning anyone's death, as told to us through the words of a complete stranger, moot IMO. Though I appreciated people making the gesture itself. And now there's this. It's all a bit rich for my liking.

I'll leave it there. I come here to discuss Elvis first and foremost. It gets messy when we start getting entangled in other matters. This thread attests to that on MULTIPLE levels.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 pm

Steve_M wrote:
i guess the only other explanation could be that Judy was kidnapped, held hostage in her own home and was forced to reveal information to her captors about people she knew on here and the kidnapper is Violets and Judy is still alive.
And Elvis too!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:43 am

Last edited by violet s on Tue May 09, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: JLGB, ColinB, and Carolyn DO NOT READ!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:58 am

violet s wrote:Well, thank you all!! I exclude JLGB and Colin and Carolyn. I thank them. The rest of you are thundering in your silence. Judy loved you and you spit on her. You do agree with genesim or you would have shown some indignation. Scatter!! You don’t think that she would have shared with her best friends the fact that you have a child that broke her heart? You have questions in your mind because I wouldn’t give you her brother’s phone number? Her brother who has cancer, diabetes, and emphesema. I haven’t spoken with him since February, but I have spoken with his wife and she is trying to keep him busy with the baby. Friday is his day to relieve Lisa and to take care of his new grandson. HIS WIFE did not want him to be reminded again and again of his lost sister. You think she would NOT have been excited that she found out about Elvis cloth and would have offered to make your child something? That she would NOT have told us, her BEST FRIENDS about it. You are a good father and husband, I admit.

Vi.........I have no idea why you are including me in this. I insinuated nothing. I never considered anything untoward was occuring. I only popped in and out of this thread and never read it completely until just now............since I was inexplicably implicated with the conspiracy theorists among us. Otherwise I never would have.

I don't doubt you.........I have no reason to. I'm sorry you misconstrued my silence as anything but the fact that I hadn't a clue what was transpiring.

PS.........I just read Steve's defense of you, and it was very nice of him to do since he got a lot of undeserved flack here as well. But again.........I didn't defend you because, quite simply, I had no idea what was going on.
Last edited by Scatter on Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:03 am

Last edited by violet s on Tue May 09, 2006 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:07 am

All of that is more of the same as far as I can tell. It looks as if you just once again pushed all the warning buttons -- look back at them, folks, and it's almost as if violets/violet s has done so on purpose -- that I referred to in my earlier message without doing a single thing to clear anything up.

At this point, I ask you to just stop blowing smoke, and I'll drop the subject.

I'm at the point that I don't believe at least half of what you're saying, and the number of e-mails and PMs agreeing with me continues to rise.

I have no further use for you until you actually post something on-topic -- which doesn't appear to be what you're especially interested in anyway.

If others have time for your self-pity routine, which is what this has become, then that's their misfortune.

If this seems overly harsh, so be it. I don't come to this board for this kind of bullshi-.

I have a couple of kick-ass new FTD collections to enjoy, and I'm going to go back to spending my time on those.

Goodbye.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:21 am

Steve...

That was meant to be my final post. With that idea in mind, I'll keep this as short and sweet as I can.

Steve_M wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
Steve_M wrote:Unless anyone broke into Judys house and used her computer I do not see how this could be someone who did not know her personally.
also, i know what was written to me in the e-mails and it was things that only Judy and myslef knew unless Judy told her friends, which she did.

Unless it actually is Judy. Ever considered that one? None of my friends have access to any of my accounts -- emails, message board accounts, etc.

Given my statement, you yourself quoted, the answer had already been given to your question.

Faulty logic.

If I said, "I do not see how the moon landings could not have been faked," would that mean my opinion was both informed and reliable? You merely considered one alternative -- still theoretically viable, by the way -- and then dismissed the others. I therefore took it upon myself to suggest an alternative you were overlooking. Nobody's saying you have to like it or agree with it -- but there it stands.

The rest of your post is fairly erroneous. While you are fundamentally correct that no one should necessarily have to "prove" their identity, which is what I also referred to when I talked more generally of anonymity, there is an important maxim here: extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. violet, unlike most who just post here and get on with it (albeit with noted exceptions: e.g. Maurice and his letters), has made some extraordinary claims. You'll have to forgive my skepticism. It's what comes of taking a healthy -- albeit sometimes unromantic -- view of the world. For what it's worth: I've also experienced two separate incidents of people faking deaths to message boards. Please don't mistake my skepticism for cynicism or malice. Then again, if the internet has taught me one thing, it's that other people will quickly draw their own interpretations. So I'll leave you to do just that. Good day.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:25 am

Good God...........this whole fiasco looks like a collection of candidates vying for seats on the Presley Commission :roll:

Conspiracy theorists.........you find them in the most unlikely places :shock:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:32 am

Scatter wrote:Conspiracy theorists.........you find them in the most unlikely places :shock:

For what it's worth, Scatter . . . . . . . .

The term "conspiracy theorists" is an oxymoron. Especially in this instance. It's more like: good-old-fashioned-skepticism-when-confronted-with-extraordinary-claims.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:04 am

Either you've redefined "extraordinary", or I've missed something.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:43 am

I sure wish I had TIME to tackle this head on. All I can say is ....to be continued.

Violet,

There is no need to blow your top. I just thought "thou protest too much".

But hey, it really doesn't matter that much to me.

I certaintly didn't "crap all over Sue" or words to that effect.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:50 am

Violets do not pay attention to most of this crappola to the maxola!! There lots of smart and smartass people on this board. But having a high IQ does not always go hand in hand with a good personality. If they got one at all! Your 3rd graders are way ahead I am sure.