Off Topic Messages

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:13 am

:lol: Well cat.......you ain't the first, I'll give you that :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:14 am

...and I'll hardly be the last :lol:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:17 am

Hell, you won't even be the last one TODAY...........but enough about my wife :D

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:23 am

Hey, if it helps I can get my lady to tell ya to shaddup too. Just let me know!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:26 am

She's already done that several times...........but a bit more nicely.

More like.........."SSHHHHHHH..........he'll hear you. You can slip out the back." :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:36 am

Yeah man I know all about it. Me and your wife were watching you from the alley across the street. Dude, she hasn't worked nights in four years now. :lol: Matter of fact, she pays me!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:06 am

OUCH!!!!!!! :lol:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:35 am

Scatter wrote:She's already done that several times...........but a bit more nicely.

More like.........."SSHHHHHHH..........he'll hear you. You can slip out the back." :wink:


Slip out the back? Very adventurous :wink: :oops: :)

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:33 am

TJ wrote:
Scatter wrote:She's already done that several times...........but a bit more nicely.

More like.........."SSHHHHHHH..........he'll hear you. You can slip out the back." :wink:


Slip out the back? Very adventurous :wink: :oops: :)


TJ..........I'm shocked...........in between chuckles.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:48 am

Windows are for cheaters...

Winners, use the door :!: :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:59 am

Colin B,

It isn't any one thing, it is all of them combined.

I don't really care that much though. If it is true, then I am deeply sorry. Again, it is a touchy subject.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:40 am

I am glad it is considered a "touchy" subject!! Jesus Christ if it wasn't!!!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:25 am

...
Last edited by violet s on Tue May 09, 2006 3:47 am, edited 3 times in total.

Re: JLGB, ColinB DO NOT READ!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:41 am

violet s wrote:Well, THANK YOU all of you sons of bitches!!
the rest of you are just the scum of the earth. I don’t give one damned what the administrators do Who gives a sh*t? You can all go to hell. go to hell. sh*t


For those who were in doubt, I think this is safe to say that this person is definitely not Sue. However, she is a school teacher?

Think about that.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:48 am

...
Last edited by violet s on Tue May 09, 2006 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:18 am

When I got into it with a member of this board one time -- Maurice, old buddy, I know you're out there somewhere -- I posted my name, address, etc. right here on the open forum for everybody to see. I suppose the information is still buried somewhere in the bowels of the archives.

There wasn't any reason to start screaming and hollering about anything. I just posted the information, and that was the end of that.

I don't see why there's any reason to wonder why a message stream as incongruous as yours would arouse suspicion. In fact, the more "detail" you give, the more unlikely some of it seems.

I don't know whether you are who you say you are ... or whether you're a former member (God, I hope not) ... or whether you're someone pretending to be a friend of the former member (Again, I hope not).

You can either do one of two things:

1) Go on about your business without regard for what some of us think, and we'll draw our own conclusions, and you'll have to make your peace with that.

or

2) Settle things once and for all and give us some information to confirm your increasingly troubling tale.

Now, you can give us a thousand reasons you won't follow through on the second option. But you have to understand that it's preposterous for anyone -- especially someone who's only been here for a month -- to get so upset that we justifiably have questions as you reveal this elaborate tale.

Remember this is an anonymous message board besieged by frauds. We're all subject to scrutiny. Why should you be any different?

If you're not willing to reveal yourself, then come to terms with that.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:57 am

Hey, guys lighten up. Give the lady a break. Vi and Sue were close, and must have shared a lot. Just coz she reminds you of Sue doesn't mean anything is amiss.

Don't chase her away just coz of your suspicions. Get to know her more and cut her some slack. She just lost a dear friend.

sam.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:07 am

I'm not stating as a stone-cold fact that this person is an impostor. I certainly hope she is not. I've already said that, and I've already said I'm not sure what's going on.

However, there are five problems with the posts by violets/violet s that are classic signs of a message board impostor, in my opinion.

First: Problems with chronology, whether they're references to a shared past that can't be supported or knowledge of events or people that don't correspond to one's history on the board or one's account of that history.

Second: (and generally most telling to me) A determined effort to provide a blizzard of irrelevant "facts" designed to suggest an accretion of biographical information that actually reveals nothing and in fact becomes more fantastical as it accumulates.

Third: Despite the eagerness to pile on a mountain of extraneous details, an absolute stony refusal to provide any real information or evidence that might put things to rest once and for all.

Fourth: Hysterical overreaction to any expression of curiosity on the part of anyone who asks a question about the "facts" the individual has freely provided.

Fifth: A concentrated effort to ingratiate oneself with certain individuals, especially by playing upon their sympathy, while at the same time demonizing others who -- come on, folks -- haven't really done anything wrong.

Remember David Bendeth? When there were people who doubted he was the real deal (and for the record, I could tell he was NOT an impostor), he found a quick, easy way to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Similarly, I posted my name and address in the forum in response to Maurice's challenge. That post can be cross-referenced with the registration of my Web site, proving my identity. (I've also provided my mailing address to various members in personal messages.)

In each case, such proof positive took about two minutes of effort -- at most.

Now, it appears Violets/Violet S wants to tell us all sorts of things about herself, so let's get right down to the verifiable truth.

I'll be the first to apologize. As I've said, I very much want to be wrong about this.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:39 am

I don't ask for anything from people -- unless they expect me to buy into their stories.

There are many users -- 95 percent -- here who come to share Elvis facts and don't care whether we know anything about them. Nothing offered, nothing asked. Good for them.

The remaining 5 percent is split approximately this way:

-- Four percent who have established themselves over years who have let a fact slip here and there and have, over a long time, built up a great deal of trust.

-- One percent who pop in here for a week or a month, dump epic biographies on us and then vanish after they've drawn a lot of people in, wasted our time and sown dissension among us.

I believe everything Scatter has told us about himself and his family. I believe everything Tom in North Carolina has told us about himself. I believe every word about Maurice. Heck, I believe everything Genesim says.

But right now I'm highly dubious about Violets/Violet S. I'm made only more dubious by the fact that she appears to care so passionately whether I, Genesim, Kylan and others who have PM'd me on this subject believe her or not.

Who is this person? You may feel as though you know; I do not. That's all.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:53 am

For what it's worth and without trying to offend anyone, i understand elvissessions.com's concerns. Is anyone here close enough to a friend to let them know their login details, or would you tell them to post 'should anything happen'? My girlfriend knows i am always on here but if i was incapacitated i don't think she would post on here.

Did the local media cover Silver's accident? One thing Violet can do to shut the doubters up would be to post a link to the news story of the crash - that will show that it happened.

While we all have the right not to have to prove anything we are also entitled to be suspicious i guess.

Andrew

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:56 am

whatever happened to the guy who posted here for a while who claimed he lost everything in Hurricane Katrina and had members here sending him clothes and money?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:04 pm

AndrewJ wrote:While we all have the right not to have to prove anything we are also entitled to be suspicious i guess.


Andrew, I appreciate what you're saying. I, too, would love to have had a link to or a scan of Silver's obituary -- and I never doubted she was real. I just wanted to know more about this person we cared so much about.

Frankly, I first became suspicious of Violets/Violet S because I feared it was someone trying to leech off of Silver's popularity by posing as a close friend.

Honestly, now I don't know what to believe.

I'll say it for the third time: I want to be wrong about this, but if there's a fraud going on here, it's really one of the most despicable I've seen (even on the Internet).

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:40 pm

Well, I am ready to believe that silver/sue died in the crash we were told about.

If only because the alternative is too horrible to even think about !

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:49 pm

It is Colin. I don't want to see a tragedy turned into an argument.

I didn't know Silver - the name rang a bell but nothing else. It was sad to hear of her accident and it soon became clear she had touched a lot of people on here in a good way. But it would be very sad if anyone has been acting out of turn regarding this.

Andrew

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:10 pm

Thanks Steve for posting. It is funny because the people (for the most part) that did not know Sue are the skeptics. I knew her pretty well and she was honest to a fault. Violets does not have to prove anything. And I hope Rob edits out those quotes that were edited out by violets herself. She is very nice lady also.