Off Topic Messages

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:23 am

Scarre how do you figure? I was more then likely here before you. Not that it matters.

Also when was the last time Violet attacked me??

I am closing this arguement though.

I just miss GG's post, and I still hope he gets to come back.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:36 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
surfcat wrote:Actually, it was a reasoned response to a typically self-righteous and judgemental comment from the forum's resident mother hen ...

The guy gets a disproportion amount of abuse from the likes of Genesim, GG, Carolyn and the rest, most of which is usually out of the blue, unmerited, and in threads that the guy hasn't even contributed to.

It's a typical "let's gang up and bully him" mentality, from lonely people evidently suffering from low self-esteem, who's only emotional outlet is ranting on an Internet message board. Typically, their posts run into the thousands, with many individual posts/rants stretching to several hundred words or more.

Ironically, these self-same losers use their high post count as proof of position on the forum pecking order, and subsequently use this to dismiss the comments of others with post counts less than themselves. Honestly, I found myself wondering where they get the time, but I guess if your day-to-life is so empty, then the answer is obvious.

PS I'm absolutely delighted that GG has left the board. How anyone can suggest that the throwaway Elvis song "Night Rider" was a reference to the Ku Klux Klan and thereafter retain any credibility is beyond me. Then again, GG wasnt exactly Martin Luther King.

I agree with every single word of your post.

Thank you for sharing your articulate and honest evaluation.

DJC


Well Doc...........it would be hard to disagree with yourself. Surfcat indeed :lol: :wink:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:47 am

violets wrote:You need to lighten up somewhat! Look at gen! He is much, much nicer these days. He has turned out to be a sweetheart, too.
Vi


Speaking of new...you have 35 posts. What exactly do you mean by "these days"?

A shudder goes down my spine when I think of the writing style.

No offense, but it was just a thought.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:48 am

Scatter wrote:Well Doc...........it would be hard to disagree with yourself. Surfcat indeed

I do agree, surfcat is certainly another of our more rational, intelligent and articulate members but, unlike some, I always post under a single name.

You are most welcome to ask the administrators if you don't believe me.

DJC

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:49 am

I know....see post above.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:56 am

genesim wrote:Scarre how do you figure? I was more then likely here before you. Not that it matters.

Also when was the last time Violet attacked me??

I am closing this arguement though.

I just miss GG's post, and I still hope he gets to come back.


Here before me?....Sorry...ask the admins...they have the facts. I joined this messageboard way before you. Therefor, you will always be a newbie to me...And going by your rules...anything you will say is just another newbies comments....Not worth too much.... :D
All this is according to your rules...

Then again...just as you say...not that it matters....BTW...Violets attacking you?...I have no idea what your talking about...

Have fun :D

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:59 am

Yeah, how would you know when I "joined" since one could have posted anonymously. I actually posted under my initials for years.

Anyway, if the admin have to "look it up" that doesn't exactly make me a newbie does it?

Scarre, I would take the pepsi challenge on that one.

As for Violet attacking me...NOOOOOOOOO I didn't say that. Go back and read.

Why the hell are you jumping into all this anyway? Last that I knew, I thought we were cool.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:03 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Scatter wrote:Well Doc...........it would be hard to disagree with yourself. Surfcat indeed

I do agree, surfcat is certainly another of our more rational, intelligent and articulate members but, unlike some, I always post under a single name.

You are most welcome to ask the administrators if you don't believe me.

DJC


I was only kidding Doc.........it was more a swipe at surfcat. It would be nice to see him do more than echo you every now and then :wink:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:17 am

genesim wrote:Yeah, how would you know when I "joined" since one could have posted anonymously.


In that case, how do YOU know when I joined!!!! By you're own words!

genesim wrote:Scarre how do you figure? I was more then likely here before you. Not that it matters.


Obviously it does to you, otherwise you wouldn't continually harp on like an ol' woman about post-counts and newbies!!!! Either make you're mind up or shut yo' face bubba. Failing that, you could try breaking the habits of a lifetime and talk some sense for a change.

By the way: Scatter! Shut up.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:18 am

genesim wrote:Yeah, how would you know when I "joined" since one could have posted anonymously. I actually posted under my initials for years.

Anyway, if the admin have to "look it up" that doesn't exactly make me a and read.

Why the hell are you jumping into all this anyway? Last that I knew, I newbie does it?

Scarre, I would take the pepsi challenge on that one.

As for Violet attacking me...NOOOOOOOOO I didn't say that. Go back thought we were cool.


Gen...cool it....you are right....no real "proof" can be added...then again...I am sure the admins can look up our IP addresses way back in -99...or was it 2000?....
No wait...you joined the MB back in 2001...?...or was it 2002...?...Never mind...no point in arguing about that. (Truly sorry about any spelling mistakes...).

And hey...Im cool with you...

Kylan...you can testify me being here plenty of years....Even thou we might not be best friends... :wink:
Last edited by Scarre on Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:24 am

Scatter wrote:I was only kidding Doc.........it was more a swipe at surfcat.

:roll:
You're gonna need a bigger boat.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:18 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
surfcat wrote:Actually, it was a reasoned response to a typically self-righteous and judgemental comment from the forum's resident mother hen ...

The guy gets a disproportion amount of abuse from the likes of Genesim, GG, Carolyn and the rest, most of which is usually out of the blue, unmerited, and in threads that the guy hasn't even contributed to.

It's a typical "let's gang up and bully him" mentality, from lonely people evidently suffering from low self-esteem, who's only emotional outlet is ranting on an Internet message board. Typically, their posts run into the thousands, with many individual posts/rants stretching to several hundred words or more.

Ironically, these self-same losers use their high post count as proof of position on the forum pecking order, and subsequently use this to dismiss the comments of others with post counts less than themselves. Honestly, I found myself wondering where they get the time, but I guess if your day-to-life is so empty, then the answer is obvious.

PS I'm absolutely delighted that GG has left the board. How anyone can suggest that the throwaway Elvis song "Night Rider" was a reference to the Ku Klux Klan and thereafter retain any credibility is beyond me. Then again, GG wasnt exactly Martin Luther King.

I agree with every single word of your post.

Thank you for sharing your articulate and honest evaluation.

DJC


Doc you would, so whats new?........Pathetic :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:20 am

genesim wrote:
violets wrote:You need to lighten up somewhat! Look at gen! He is much, much nicer these days. He has turned out to be a sweetheart, too.
Vi


Speaking of new...you have 35 posts. What exactly do you mean by "these days"?

A shudder goes down my spine when I think of the writing style.

No offense, but it was just a thought.


Geno, I know exactly what you mean.

Something is amiss.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:12 am

Carolyn,

I didn't say I proved anything, and I hope I am wrong....so I will leave it at that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Scarre...as far as testifying goes, Kylan could do the same for me. We were bitter enemies a while back.

Incidently, it was Doc who first brought attention to my half hearted name. I was under my two letter initial for a long time, but the moment I changed to genesim he asked me directly about it. At one time we were civilized...till my pollitical persuasion came out. Clinton was president then.

Again, I had posted for at least two years before that. Even then I was reading posts and not contributing much and at first I was anonymous only.

Were you around when the board got taken down the first time. I am not talking about recent times, but when the whole website was taken out of existence.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:20 am

genesim wrote:Carolyn,

I didn't say I proved anything, and I hope I am wrong....so I will leave it at that.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Scarre...as far as testifying goes, Kylan could do the same for me. We were bitter enemies a while back.

Incidently, it was Doc who first brought attention to my half hearted name. I was under my two letter initial for a long time, but the moment I changed to genesim he asked me directly about it. At one time we were civilized...till my pollitical persuasion came out. Clinton was president then.

Again, I had posted for at least two years before that. Even then I was reading posts and not contributing much and at first I was anonymous only.

Were you around when the board got taken down the first time. I am not talking about recent times, but when the whole website was taken out of existence.



we were? i dont remember! lol i must be getting too old!!

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:57 am

...
Last edited by violets on Tue May 09, 2006 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:34 am

I can't believe that genesim and I are thinking the same way -- especially on something so weird.

But something's been bugging me since, oh, about Feb. 28.

I have been afraid to say ANYTHING because this is touchy as hell for a variety of reasons.

I don't want to be wrong about this -- or rather, maybe I very much want to be wrong about this -- but something ... something ... something is just not quite right.

I've been watching ... closely ... and waiting. I will continue to do so and will say no more unless others do.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:36 am

Well I was gonna keep this private, but ill have to join the club about this, very weird.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:03 am

Violets why leave???

If you aren't guilty of anything, then there is no point. I didn't say you were a fraud, I said something rubbed me the wrong way.

Look at it from our angle. You have been a friend for 30 years to Sue, and then all of a sudden you are posting everday on an Elvis messageboard?

You don't know me, but yet now you have applauded my "change". Much like Sue did..who didn't really know me either.

Same goes for alot of other things, like writing styles and what not.

Hey if I am wrong, my deepest apologies. I just don't like the feeling. I go with my gut. Why get mad about it. Why leave. Just tell me straight, and go on.

Incidently, how does "Sue" become "Judy". Maybe I missed it, but I am just curious.

All these things can be rightfully explained. We don't know each other really, so what is to get offended about. Sue was close to you, and I appreciated her input. To many her absence has at least shaken us up. Still in the end, this is a faceless messageboard.

Don't blame us for being doubtful. This is after all how the world works. Conspiracy is all around. There are some things that are sacred, but I urge you to at least look at it from all sides.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:16 am

I just read the "confession" on GG departure post?

I don't know why it didn't get its own new topic, but I urge others to read it as well and form their own opinions.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:49 am

Judy was her name. Sue silver was nickname. Judy died. Violets is NOT Judy. You guys are very insensitive to even question what you are ignorant of.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:41 pm

JLGB wrote:Judy was her name. Sue silver was nickname. Judy died. Violets is NOT Judy. You guys are very insensitive to even question what you are ignorant of.


They worked together as close friends for 30 years.

Both Elvis fans, teachers, female, and of similar age.

Of course their writing styles will be alike.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:23 pm

ColinB wrote:
Both Elvis fans, teachers, female, and of similar age.

Of course their writing styles will be alike.


While your proposition may or may not be correct, your logic is deeply flawed here. Why "of course"? Based on similar age, gender, profession and taste in music? That's the defining criteria that determines a writing style? Are you serious?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:06 am

surfcat wrote:
genesim wrote:
By the way: Scatter! Shut up.


My, my.......aren't we the touchy one :lol: . Hit a nerve, eh?? :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:09 am

I thought I told you to shut up :evil:

:lol: :D :wink: