Off Topic Messages

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 am

surfcat wrote:
carolynlm wrote:you really are a child aren't you?

You started it. Check it out momma:

carolynlm wrote:and hows this for a simple emoticon.......
hang on I can't find one for 'the finger'......"mother hen"

Better a child than a chicken.

Better luck next time, hypocrite.

Oh nice comeback SurfCat, I'm sure she is in tears :cry: :lol:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:00 am

:lol: lol

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:03 am

Ahh smurfcrap. Haven't made enough enemies yet?

Gotta love the newbies, they just gotta show they are important...in a "look at me" "look at me" kind of way.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:08 am

Since this entire thread is now completely off track, we can only hope that it will suddenly vanish. If I were GG, I wouldn't want to come back after seeing what has become of this thread (and with no less than 9 pages of it!)

Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:52 pm

surfcat wrote:Congrats on an incisive, elaborate, pointed, balanced and well thought-out post Cryo. The only comeback to your post has been the usual puerile vulgarity which is all-too-common on this board. Evidently, you've won this particular encounter hands down. Well done. :wink:

An eloquent summary. You have my thanks.

ColinB wrote:Sam's put-downs are always done with good humour.

I should hope so. I have no beef with him. Though his hand-clapping gesture was VERY unimaginative by his standards. :P

Scatter wrote:Well, Cryo doesn't need me to defend him........and those who have read our posts certainly know that we come from different sides of the political fence.

But he is a very nice guy, an intelligent poster, and someone whom I have come to like a great deal.

Touche!

That was a nice post. I am very grateful for it.

Scatter wrote:Let's disagree, discuss, and debate.

Agreed.

Scatter wrote:Just because someone holds different.......even wildly divergent.......views from me doesn't make them bad people. Stupid, yes.......but not bad :wink:

Again: touche! Especially the last five words. :P

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:14 pm

carolynlm wrote:It's OK Brad, it's all water off a chickens back....... :lol:
the only tears, are tears of laughter..... :lol:

Mother Hen: Chicken's are synonymous with cowardice, as are bullies. Especially self-righteous and judgemental ol' ratbag bullies like yourself. Still, glad I cheered you up motherclucker. Sounds like ya need it.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:18 pm

Surfcat, grow up a little!!!
You must be a school kid to go on the way you do.
Just give it a break.

:x

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:02 am

carolynlm wrote:Scatt and Jake....I won't agree that I am a hypocrite, but I will allow Mr. Cat to think that I am..... :lol: OK? Is that called compromise?

I will not agree to anyone thinking such nonsense about you. The insults must stop from all sides........c'mon surfcat my friend. All this constant one-upsmanship proves nothing, destroys threads, breeds animosity, and prevents us from knowing what you can genuinely contribute here.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:08 am

Scatter wrote:............what you can genuinely contribute here.

That's a huge assumption, from what I've seen so far.

Tom

Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:47 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
ColinB wrote:Sam's put-downs are always done with good humour.

I should hope so. I have no beef with him. Though his hand-clapping gesture was VERY unimaginative by his standards. :P

Give me a break !!!
I was tired!!! :wink:

8)

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:16 pm

carolynlm wrote:ok you dirt bag.....
'motherclucker'????who is the coward now, eh? everyone reading will know exactly what you are trying to say, but are too much of a spineless piece of crap to actually use the words.....leave me alone.

Boo-hoo poor you. A typical bully ploy: playing the victim :cry:

I'll stand by my original assertion on your character, or lack thereof. It seems you can dish it out but cant take it. As I said back then, you're a typical bully, with an overbearing judgemental and superior attitude. Dont mix it with me with your stupid lame-assed one-fingered gestures, especially since you so obviously cant take the comeback.

Scatter- thanks for the thought. You're right of course.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:24 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:That's a huge assumption, from what I've seen so far.

Tom

So sorry I've disappointed you. Equally, I'm not impressed with you lately either. I watched The Searchers last week, following ur recommendation.
Sorry dude, I cant see why it's considered a classic at all. Well filmed, but a crass plot and dialog, and the racist anti-native sentiment was embarrasing to behold. Plus the Wayne character comes across as a Fascistic impulsive, sociopathic control freak. And this is an American icon!!?? No wonder the country's in a mess!!
Film buff? Nah. Next time keep it to yourself, buddy :wink:
Last edited by surfcat on Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:29 pm

Surfcat--
Buddy your just on everybodys case these days huh, not a good way to go.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 pm

Dude, it aint so bad either. I'll reserve the right to defend myself and others from the unreasonable behavior of a few bullies. Perhaps a taste of their own medicine may do them good. If it means that folks I've little time for identify me as the bad guy, then so be it. I can live with that.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:34 pm

Congratulations, surfcat. You're now officially an idiot. What a shame.

You might want to investigate the difference between the message of a movie and the motive behind it.

You might also consider the fact that you're far out of step with intelligent people who have informed opinions about classic movies.

I'm embarrassed to say that only a dozen or so posts ago I thought you might have something to say here. Clearly, I was badly mistaken. That won't happen again.

Now please shut up.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:36 pm

Yeah, whatever dude. :wink: Intelligent? Sure.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:37 pm

surfcat wrote:Dude, it aint so bad either. I'll reserve the right to defend myself and others from the unreasonable behavior of a few bullies. Perhaps a taste of their own medicine may do them good. If it means that folks I've little time for identify me as the bad guy, then so be it. I can live with that.

Im sure this will get people to like you :P . Nobody thinks of you as a bad guy, just an idiot maybe, but thats all :wink:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:39 pm

Hey, to be considered an idiot by an idiot aint no bad thing!

Elvissessions: Imagine a Texan still getting so upset about John Wayne in 2006. Hilarious. :D

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:47 pm

surfcat wrote:Hey, to be considered an idiot by an idiot aint no bad thing!

OK, if you are just going to sit here and try to pick an argument with everybody, just leave :evil: .

Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:57 pm

This is how our interaction occured:

1) You made an unasked for comment to me
2) I replied with a reasonable and civil explanation
3) You insulted me
4) I defended myself

And now you obviously have neither the wit nor the intellectual capacity to do anything, aside from angrily demand that I leave. And YOU have the temerity to shout "Idiot"! Truly, awesomely, hilarious. :D :D :D

I see you have "God" listed as one of your interests. Typical. Start saying your prayers buddy. You're gonna be needin' him. :wink:

YOU picked this argument, you intellectual lightweight- not I!

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:16 am

carolynlm wrote:but they are getting tiresome.

You can say that again :roll:

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:19 am

Yes, this nitwit is turning out to be genuinely unpleasant.

Besides the fact that it seems he hates just about everybody on the board, his clumsy attempt to be the resident aesthete and intellectual is obnoxious.

He's sorely lacking in qualifications to fill either role, and his lack of language skills is appalling.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:22 am

carolynlm wrote:This is an open post to the administrators....
I can't see how this surfcat poster has lasted as long as he has...
[b]If I need to be banned from giving him 'the finger' and using a few 'choice' words, then so be it....

Great idea- I like it!
carolynlm wrote:but his attacking is getting unreasonable. People have the right to say what they think, but it seems as though [b]he is the one using these so called bulllying tactics...like the bully in the play ground...act tough and people will be scared of you.....

You're the expert :wink:
carolynlm wrote:I have no axe to grind with him/her...they are a non person as far as I'm concerned, but enough is enough...........

A completely contradictory sentence if ever I've seen one. Can we add "idiot" to your already outstanding portfolio of personal attributes?
carolynlm wrote:Tom is big enough to let these comment about his review pass by, and I am not intimidated by his remarks either, but they are getting tiresome.

It's very hypocritical of you to ask me to leave you alone, but refuse to offer me the same courtesy. As I said (and you have proven), you're a self-righteous, judgemetal, bullying, incredulous old hypocite- with a limited capacity for clear thinking, fair play and basic logic. Well done.

I feel that you should be banned forthwith.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:25 am

elvissessions.com wrote:Yes, this nitwit is turning out to be genuinely unpleasant.

Besides the fact that it seems he hates just about everybody on the board, his clumsy attempt to be the resident aesthete and intellectual is obnoxious.

He's sorely lacking in qualifications to fill either role, and his lack of language skills is appalling.

...and you're an dumb-assed yee-hawing Texas a55hole :D

Tell ya what though- you fools are taking it pretty badly that I didn't like The Searchers! Get a life, you intolerant bunch of halfwits!

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:30 am

surfcat wrote:Get a life, you intolerant bunch of halfwits!

Hey, now there is a great idea.
Last edited by elvispresleyfan1935 on Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.