Off Topic Messages

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 21 years

What's up, Mata

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

I have been waiting for this for years!!!!!!:

Move over, James Bond! Lancelot Link: Secret Chimp swings into action as the greatest super spy ever to foil international evil-doers, charm the ladies and drive a really cool car! In this hilarious all-chimp spy spoof airing from 1970 to 1972, Link and his stunning sidekick Mata Hairi adopt more and more outrageous disguises as they use their considerable wit and cunning to battle the Baron, his chauffeur Creto, the Duchess, Dr. Strangemind, Wang Fu and Ali Assa Seen. When he's not fighting diabolical criminals, Lancelot gets groovy as the leader of the psychedelic pop band Evolution Revolution, which rocks out in these 22 memorable episodes.

Yes, Image Entertainment is planning the June 13th release of Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp as a 2-DVD set featuring every episode of the 1970 ABC parody series, which many think spoofed Get Smart as much as it spoofed James Bond. In fact, Bernie Kopell of Get Smart (and Love Boat) fame joins Dayton Allen, Steven Hoffman, Joan Gerber, Malachi Throne and famous Looney Tune Mel Blanc in the voice cast for this chimped-out comedy. Lance Link spies for Chief Darwin of the Agency to Prevent Evil (A.P.E.), working to prevent Baron von Butcher's Criminal Headquarters for Underworld Master Plan (C.H.U.M.P.) from taking over the world!

Tom

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Oh my God...I loved Lancelot Link when I was a kid!!!!!!! It was hysterical. Nobody else I know in my age group (late 30's) remembers him!

Thanks, Tom...in addition to my recent purchase of all of Gilligan's Island, this will make for some fun watching.

Eagle

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Eagle,
This is spooky!! As I was posting the info earlier, you were the first person I thought would respond. Actually, I figured it would be you or Pete. These young punks don't know how good TV used to be, when making apes eat peanut butter and then dubbing in funny voices was all you needed for true comedy.

Tom

JEFF d
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by JEFF d »

Man, I can remember watching this on Saturday morings.... I would just sit there in amazement! This has to be one of the funniest/craziest shows I remember from when I was little. It was a hoot... as they say!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

JEFF d
EP fan

EagleUSA

Post by EagleUSA »

Ah, Tom....great minds...etc. Just the other day I was telling someone about Lancelot Link. He said it must have been gum they gave the apes to get them to simulate talking. Nope, I told him...it was definitely peanut butter.

God, I hope there will be outtakes & bloopers on the dvd!!! Can you imagine seeing Lance throwing/eating poo? Classic.

We probably watched a lot of the same stuff as kids. UltraMan? Krofft Supershow? Bigfoot & Wildboy? Land of the Lost? Electra Woman & Dynagirl? Dr. Shrinker? The Lost Saucer? Far Out Space Nuts? Wonderbug?

Eagle

Rusty Martin*
Registered for: 20 years 1 month

Post by Rusty Martin* »

Thank heaven this never crossed the Atlantic :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sam

Post by sam »

Rusty Martin* wrote:Thank heaven this never crossed the Atlantic :shock: :wink:

No need!!! You've got ColinB over there!!! :wink:

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

EagleUSA wrote:We probably watched a lot of the same stuff as kids. UltraMan? Krofft Supershow? Bigfoot & Wildboy? Land of the Lost? Electra Woman & Dynagirl? Dr. Shrinker? The Lost Saucer? Far Out Space Nuts? Wonderbug?
Don't forget The Banana Splits and Underdog!!

sam wrote:No need!!! You've got ColinB over there!!!

Speaking of "throwing/eating poo."
Oh, I'm just kidding.................................................................................he never throws it.

Tom

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!

I thought that possibly I had only dreamed what I thought were hazy memories of Saturday mornings watching Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp :D

Eagle, Tom.........you boys should have known I was one of you.

I have the theme song playing in my head right now.

As for the Banana Splits, the most embarrassing memory of my younger years was of my being caught singing the theme song to this show at the top of my lungs in the shower when I thought that I was alone in the house.

I pulled back the curtain to find my mom amd dad in hysterics in the bedroom across the hall...........just before they told all their friends around the seaside cabin we had in Rhode Island.

Much ado was made over my bare ass grazing the curtain as I danced about the bathtub..............Image

Here's the song......
http://franklarosa.com/vinyl/AudioPlay.jsp?File=TraLaLa.rm

Jesse Garon

Post by Jesse Garon »

Anyone remember a PBS show called The Goodie Goodie Yum Yums? I think that was the title. They came zooming out of a fireplace on these little bumpercars/go-carts.

Topic author
Tom in North Carolina

Jesse Garon wrote:Anyone remember a PBS show called The Goodie Goodie Yum Yums?
I think I speak for everyone when I say, Huh?? That's a new one on me. Was it an early morning show?? I was never up before The Electric Company at 10:00.

Tom