Off Topic Messages

Happy St Patrick's Day!

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:49 am

Image Kate Bush's mother was Irish :wink:

It's a cool one here in Dublin Ireland but we never let the weather get in the way of the fantastic world-wide celebration :lol:

Have a lovely day everyone!

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:46 am

Happy St Patricks day to you as well!

This is the one day when we are all Irish Maurice, so you have to share today!

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:01 am

JEFF d, That's right.

Sharing is caring. We open this little Island to everyone on this world famous day.

500,000 are expected in Dublin city alone this morning. Not bad from a population of 4 Million! Lots of American marching bands........shivering :cry: But strangely happy as Larry :shock:

Cities Towns and villages have their own parades all across the Emerald Isle. Let's have a party! :lol:

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:37 pm

A heartwarming picture Maurice :wink: . Happy paddys day. Drink one for me. :D

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:10 pm

Happy St. Patrick's Day, folks!

:lol: :lol:

Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:17 pm

Indeed. Happy St. Patrick's to one and all... :D

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:19 pm

Get the Guiness out, boys!

Fri Mar 17, 2006 11:54 pm

Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody!

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:28 am

Pete Dube wrote:Happy Saint Patrick's Day everybody!

Go raibh maith agat! :D

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:31 am

Don't make the scene, unless yer wearin' the green!

DJC

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:26 am

:lol:

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:07 am

We had our elevenses in The Gresham Hotel on O' Connell Street yesterday. Then in the comfort and warmth on the first floor of a Cafe we watched the St Pat's Day Parade.

The VIP's sat on an open stand in the middle of the East windswept street were freezing!

Nevertheless all the marchings bands and lovely Majorettes from America were obviously enjoying themselves.........even those from Texas. AND the guys dressed as Leprechauns on their Harleys!

Watching the parade with us, was Mary a young lady from Chicago. She just happened to be an Elvis fan. We just cannot escape him.

Thanks guys.

Did I see a Green Doc?..................surely a mirage :lol:

http://press.xtvworld.com/article10249.html

Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:27 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:

Maybe he had too much of the black stuff??

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:24 pm

AndrewJ wrote:
MauriceinIreland wrote:

:lol: Yes AndrewJ , It tends to sort the men from the boys.

http://news.google.ie/news?hl=en&ned=en ... tnG=Search

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:54 pm

I had five pints of Guinness last night. Up the Irish!*

*In the good sense of the phrase. :lol:

Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:15 pm

AndrewJ wrote:
MauriceinIreland wrote:

That reminds me of a time a few years ago when the Guinness promo girls were out in force in the local pubs. There were about 10 of them. They would record your name and give you a ticket for two free pints from the bar. We decided it would be a good idea to move from pub to pub to the different girls, give fake names and each time get two free pints. What a night :lol: By about the third pub, I could barely remember my own name, let alone the fake names I'd given :wink:

Sat Mar 18, 2006 9:47 pm

TJ, And not even the real McCoy :lol:

Some years ago, a party of guys from England came here for a wedding at a local hotel. The drinking started early.

With great amusement we watched most of these "Drinkers" slowly but surely surrender to the Guinness at 8pm...and head off to bed!!!

My brother and his closest friends from the UK made it to 11. 30pm before staggering up the stairs, but the rest of us real Irish drinkers were alone at 6am, and still dancing :lol:

Not that I drink very much these days.