Off Topic Messages

I'm Leaving.......

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:14 am

Now, put away those dancing shoes and roll the keg back under the stairs......it's not permanent.

The wife and I are winging our way to fabulous Los Angeles California for a week of R'N'R.

After the episode with Justine........we just need to get away for a bit. Got the family taking shifts helping grandma with the kids.

Personally.........I couldn't care less about going to the land of fruits and nuts. But Nancy has always wanted to see it and do the star stalking thing, so off we go.

I'll see you all after we get back........

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:21 am

Have a fun trip Scatter :D

Re: I'm Leaving.......

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:24 am

Scatter wrote:Personally.........I couldn't care less about going to the land of fruits and nuts. But Nancy has always wanted to see it and do the star stalking thing, so off we go.

C'mon, you well know Elvis was a resident of said "land" for many, many years. And, of course, you've gotta like the governor, he's pretty conservative.

If you fly into Orange County Airport you'll also marvel at the 150 foot tall statue of John Wayne installed there. What's not to like?

DJC

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:38 am

Scatter,
I wish I'd known earlier. I could have hooked you up with some tickets.

Tom

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:44 am

Of course, you're right Doc........my disinterest doesn't stem from a dislike of the great state. We're going mainly to do the "Star" thing........all the touristy stuff.

Not my cup of tea.........the "fruit and nuts" comment was directed at the celebs (and their narcissistic culture).

I doubt we'll get the chance to see much beyond L.A. and its environs. It's a pity, but time, work, sick kid, and money (oooooooo those medical bills :shock: ) will not allow it.

But all Nancy really wants to explore is the star scene........and that's OK with me. I'd go anywhere to make her happy. And of course I WILL ABSOLUTELY have a ball too.........I have an annoying (to some) habit of being able to have fun anywhere. :lol: Besides.......there's always West Coast sex to look forward to...........this will be my first carnal experience west of the Mississippi.

I brought a camera, since I think it's California law there that all sex MUST be filmed.........and then stolen.

I'm a lucky boy :D.
Last edited by Scatter on Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 6:48 am

You're going to California for rock n' roll? That's mostly a rap scene now.

Have a fun trip.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:05 am

Have fun Scatter, I envy you.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:13 am

John Wayne Rules!

And may Arnold get Re-elected!

:twisted:

Have fun Scatter!

"Bon voy-a-jee" as Bugs Bunny would say :wink:

(he has a mansion on San Carrotas Boulevard, it's seen on the bus tour)

Look for Elvis' star on the Walk of fame.

(and both harrison fords, the 1920s one and the recent one)

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:37 am

Bye! :)

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:51 am

Scatter wrote:....this will be my first carnal experience west of the Mississippi.

Now wait a minute didn't you once tell me that you lived in Tulsa at one time!? :? Didn't ya get any action in T-town??? lolol :lol: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:03 am

Have a great time. I was there in 1993 for three weeks and, once I got used to it, had a blast.

If your wife or yourself are fans of James Dean and specifically Rebel Without a Cause, you should check out Griffiths Park. Very cool.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:32 am

If you do find a little extra time and have a rental car and are getting bored with the "star thing" take a beautiful 90 minute drive up the coast on the 101 to Santa Barbara, or even 30 minutes past that to the Solvang area near Lake Cachuma. A whole different (and much more peaceful) world. That area is where they filmed Sideways to give you an idea if you saw that movie. Don't forget to go to The Hitching Post in Buellton (a few minutes from Solvang) for the best steak you will ever sink a fork into. That whole area is a really nice break from the craziness of LA/Hollywood and I can't recommend it enough. Have fun and fill us in when you get back :)

Fri Mar 17, 2006 10:23 am

Enjoy your trip Scatter. Don't drink the green beer!

Say hello to my relatives in Silicone Valley and have a ball :lol:

Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:33 pm

Have a ball. :D

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:30 pm

Have a great time in the Promised Land.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 7:30 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Scatter,
I wish I'd known earlier. I could have hooked you up with some tickets.

Tom

I told you I was going...........but the strings attached to those tickets were just too much.

I mean really.........I can't spend the entire trip stalking Jessica Simpson just to get a close-up of her cleavage.

On the other hand......... :D

Fri Mar 17, 2006 8:38 pm

ImageImage

Will you make it out to Palm Springs, Scatter? It's beautiful out there, to my surprise. I used to just think of Sonny Bono and Bob Hope until I saw the nature out there.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:06 am

my home state--i'm just 2 hours south. ;)

enjoy the golden state. it's probably been awhile though since i've seen sunlight, though. :lol: i've heard we're famous for it. ;)

Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:04 am

Have a great time scatter. You deserve a decent break..

.....break a leg!!!!

8)

Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:58 pm

Wow. I got a little concerned then.

Have a good trip, Mr Scatter!

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:15 pm

Have a good rest...

Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:54 pm

Hope you have a great time!!! Can't wait to hear all about it when you return.

Fri Mar 24, 2006 3:59 am

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!!

Had a great time..........went to some award and TV shows, saw some classic TV stars, (unfortunately, Griffith Park was closed, so no chance to see James Dean history).

We stayed mostly around LA, took some tours, ate too much, walked too much, just hung out and had fun and RELAXED.

It was wonderful.........

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:11 am

welcome back welcome back weelllcome back!!!!...

Fri Mar 24, 2006 6:36 am

Thanks Gene........I missed 'ya brother!!!!!