Off Topic Messages

Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid-CE DVD

Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:44 pm

My bad!! I thought I posted this last week, but apparently didn't.

Fox has announced that a new 2-disc Collector's Edition of Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid which stars Robert Redford and Paul Newman will street on June 6th. This classic western will be presented in a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, but alas, still no 5.1 mix. Extras will include a commentary by director George Roy Hill, Lyricist Hal David, Associate Producer Robert Crawford and Cinematographer Conrad Hall. A second commentary by Screenwriter William Goldman is also included, as is the 2005 All of What Follows is True documentary, and The Wild Bunch: The True Tale of Butch & Sundance. Completing the package will be a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: Outlaws Out of Time feature, a 1994 making of documentary, 1994 interviews, production notes, an alternate credit roll, and several trailers. Now, most of this stuff is carried over from the Special Edition from a few years back, but the transfer is reportedly much, much better.

Tom

Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:13 pm

Hi Tom!

This is wonderful news!

But regarding the sound - you say that it won't be a 5.1 mix...
Will it at least be in Stereo 2.0?

The existing European version is only in mono, don't know about the existing US version..?

Br
Kristian

Fri Mar 17, 2006 5:26 pm

I'll gladly buy the film again, because if is my favorite western / buddy movie. Great cover and new material. Looking forward to the AC by William Goldman.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:56 am

Kristian Hjelmaas wrote:But regarding the sound - you say that it won't be a 5.1 mix...
Will it at least be in Stereo 2.0?

The upcoming DVD will feature both English Stereo and Mono tracks.

Tom