Off Topic Messages

Off Topic Trivia Quiz - No.39

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:18 pm

When Hank Williams was found dead in his car on 1st January, 1953, there was something missing.

It has remained unaccounted for ever since.

What was it ?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 pm

His pulse? Sorry.......

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:54 pm

His car keys?
His watch?
His Wallet?
His false teeth?
His right sock?
His licence?
His Hat?

Let me know if I'm close. A lot more to go!!!

Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:55 pm

KHoots wrote:His pulse? Sorry.......


All right then, apart from any sign of cardio-vascular activity, what else was not there ?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:10 pm

His guitar?

Br
Kristian

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:20 pm

Sam -

I'm not saying you're wrong, but would you care to submit just one [of the seven] as your official answer ?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 5:43 pm

ColinB wrote:Sam -

I'm not saying you're wrong, but would you care to submit just one [of the seven] as your official answer ?


OK Colin. I was just trying to save time. I'll start with his hat. :D


8)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:05 pm

I also believe a pearl handled 45 was missing. That makes 2 things!!!




8)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:07 pm

sam wrote:
ColinB wrote:Sam -

I'm not saying you're wrong, but would you care to submit just one [of the seven] as your official answer ?


OK Colin. I was just trying to save time. I'll start with his hat. :D


8)


Yes !

Well done !!

His famous 'cowboy' hat wasn't in the car, wasn't at his home, and never turned up.

One of life's little mysteries.

Right, Sam, now how about No.40 ?

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:10 pm

ColinB wrote:
sam wrote:
ColinB wrote:Sam -

I'm not saying you're wrong, but would you care to submit just one [of the seven] as your official answer ?


OK Colin. I was just trying to save time. I'll start with his hat. :D


8)


Yes !

Well done !!

His famous 'cowboy' hat wasn't in the car, wasn't at his home, and never turned up.

One of life's little mysteries.

Right, Sam, now how about No.40 ?


As Howard Janney recalls, "[Pete] Burdette stored the car, locked it up. He had the hat and was wearing it around. I went up to get it, and he said that Hank's mother gave it to him." According to a story around town, Burdette's hair started falling out soon after he starting wearing the hat. He claimed that the hat was cursed. Years later, Pete Burdette committed suicide behind the station. 8)

Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:17 pm

sam wrote:As Howard Janney recalls, "[Pete] Burdette stored the car, locked it up.
He had the hat and was wearing it around. I went up to get it, and he said that Hank's mother gave it to him." 8)


Thanks for that !

Not such a mystery after all, then !