Off Topic Messages

Something irritating (warning: Elvis Impersonator content!)

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:05 pm

I thought I'd post this here, since it's really not about the real Elvis.

There's some Elvis impersonator, who says he's "The Real Voice of Elvis".

Now, this puzzles me, since the real voice went away on August 16, 1977, didn't it?

Also, the irritation continues, in that he has some CD out, recording newer songs "as Elvis would have recorded them".

How the heck does he know how (or even if) Elvis would have recorded them?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:39 pm

raveoned wrote:There's some Elvis impersonator, who says he's "The Real Voice of Elvis".

How does that make him different from the thousands of other ETAs out there? They're all full of hot air. At least they would be - if they weren't already full of pork pies and hamburgers.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:21 pm

And whats wrong with being a little overweight ?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:30 pm

Nothing.

I was just coming out with a wisecrack to match the vapidity of this thread - and the vast majority of ETAs.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:50 pm

I`ve never really understood the hatred some fans have for ETA`s. If these guys bring a little pleasure into a persons life that can only be a good thing.

I`ve only ever seen the one ETA myself, and that was on Beale Street after me and my brothers had just paid to get into a bar without knowing an ETA was about to perform.

My brothers heckled him like mad, but he just seemed to thrive on it !

It was torture to me and my bros, but a lot of other people in that place had a great time.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:34 am

Ezzz wrote:I`ve never really understood the hatred some fans have for ETA`s.

It's not that we hate them, mind you. It's just that we don't understand why they are living and Elvis is dead.

Life can be such a bitch sometimes.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:09 pm

Yes life can be a bitch, as Lisa Marie well knows.

Think of your kids before doing drugs.