Off Topic Messages

six million dollar man

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:23 am

when is a box set of this show coming out?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:28 am

Ask Tom...I think it's scheduled to coincide with the release (this year, I think) of the Six Million Dollar Man movie starring Jim Carrey as Steve Austin.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:36 am

I think it's actually entitled

SIX BILLION dollar Man.

really, if set in 2006 day and age.

But if it's a "period pice" set in the 70s then "Million" still applies.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:48 am

GG, if memory serves...I think it's still gonna be the Six Million Dollar Man.

With Jim Carrey, it's bound to be a farce with some humor about how little 6 Million will get you nowadays.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:11 am

EagleUSA wrote:Ask Tom...I think it's scheduled to coincide with the release (this year, I think) of the Six Million Dollar Man movie starring Jim Carrey as Steve Austin.

The good news is that The Six Million Dollar Man (TV series) on DVD is currently in production. No word on a release date, but I would look for season one by years end. The REALLY good news is that production on The Six Million Dollar Man (the movie) has ceased, probably for good. The film was only in the pre-production stage when it was shelved and both Jim Carrey and Director Todd Phillips have moved on to other projects. Thank God!! I saw an early draft of the script and it was awful. They were playing it as a comedy, which was bad enough, but they also forgot to bring the "funny". It was an insult to the original show and I'm glad it's scrapped.

Tom

Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:20 pm

That's a shame, Tom....done right, the concept could have been hysterical...cheap government body parts malfunctioning...you get the picture.

I was looking forward to Jim Carrey in the role. Oh well.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:36 am

Strange that they released the R2 version first.

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=sr&p ... tle=716855