She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
They Were Expendable
The Wings of Eagles

and now the biggies:

The Searchers: 50th Anniversary 2-disc Special Edition
Stagecoach: 2-disc Special Edition

Tom

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:25 pm

Great News Tom. Is this an international release as well? Will i be able to get them in the UK?

Any info as to what the extras are on the SEs?

Andrew

Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:51 pm

Holy cow - all of these on one day?

Gotta forward this list to my Dad - thanks Tom.

Rich

Sun Mar 12, 2006 2:14 am

Glad I waited on the Searchers and Stage Coach. Didn't "Three Godfathers" just get a DVD release like six months ago?

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:12 am

I've never seen The Searchers. :oops: Do I need to buy this Special edition?

Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:29 am

Pete Dube wrote:I've never seen The Searchers. :oops: Do I need to buy this Special edition?

Pete,
First of all, SHAME ON YOU!! Secondly, in my opinion, Wayne's multi-layered performance as Ethan Edwards in The Searchers far surpasses the one he received an Oscar for.

Tom

Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:53 pm

Tom -
It get's worse. I also haven't seen Citizen Kane, The Manchurian Candidate, and Gone With The Wind. :oops:

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:27 am

What are you, a COMMUNIST??!! Get your un-American ass to the closest Blockbuster and rent the classic films, no...........................you go buy them instead. These films are priceless works of cinematic art and should be an integral part of everyone's film library. ARE YOU STILL HERE???

GO NOW!!!!!

Tom

Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:43 am

Pete Dube wrote:Tom -
It get's worse. I also haven't seen Citizen Kane, The Manchurian Candidate, and Gone With The Wind. :oops:

Oh, come on now. None of that can be true, can it? Are you, by any chance, blind?

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:46 pm

elvissessions.com wrote:
Pete Dube wrote:Tom -

Oh, come on now. None of that can be true, can it? Are you, by any chance, blind?

Unfortunately it's true Elvissessions. And I'm not blind ........ or maybe I am. What's that expression "None are so blind as those who won't see classic Hollywood films!" :)

Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:14 pm

You're still here???? Don't make me come down there and open up a can of cinematic whoop-ass!!

Tom

P.S. Seriously, you are missing out on some of the finest films ever made.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:25 pm

Fort Apache , is that movie in black & White?

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:32 am

dennisdee wrote:Fort Apache , is that movie in black & White?

Yes, it was shot in glorious black & white.

Tom

Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:35 pm

Tom -
I did try to rent The Searchers yesterday, but it was not in stock! Blockbuster only had 1 copy. I tried! :lol:

Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:19 pm

Thanks Tom , black & white or colour , gonna buy the DVD anyway, i saw Fort Apache once i guess and i liked it very much..will check first if it will be available on Reg 2.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:55 pm

Rumor has it that Steven Spielberg was asked one time (back in the 70s/80s) what was the Best Film Ever,

and he replied, "The Searchers"

--------------

I've neither seen Citizen Kane (not on very often)
but have seen Manchurian Candidate - stunning surreal
freaked out everyone - after JFK was shot - the film was banned.

Just last evening I watched "Meet John Doe" - not John wayne; it's Gary Cooper and Babs Stanwyck.
Classic out-of-work baseballplayer-becomes-political blogger story.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 11:46 pm

Pete Dube wrote:I did try to rent The Searchers yesterday, but it was not in stock! Blockbuster only had 1 copy. I tried! :lol:

Good for you, but hold off until the new one comes out. The difference in audio and video quality is outstanding. I never thought the transfer on the current edition of The Searchers was all that great. In fact, the quality of the pan/scan version (on side B of the current release) is better picture quality than the widescreen version, and that's just downright criminal.

Tom

Re: John Wayne DVD News

Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:41 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
The Searchers: 50th Anniversary 2-disc Special Edition
Stagecoach: 2-disc Special Edition

Tom

Those 2 releases will go straight into my top DVD shelve!

Br
Kristian