Off Topic Messages

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:02 am

Bubba Ho-Tep is great, but you can't bang on about Elvis' legacy like some Puritan and not criticise the film.

I don't put on voices either. I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover. Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice. It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:11 am

Keggyhander wrote:Bubba Ho-Tep is great, but you can't bang on about Elvis' legacy like some Puritan and not criticise the film.

I don't put on voices either. I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover. Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice. It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.


oh brother!! trust me, you don't sound like Elvis. and ive not even heard you. And im not being insulting, Ronny McDowell doesn't sound like Elvis either. if you have any brain cells, which im sure u have plenty you will discern my point.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:13 am

Keggyhander wrote:Bubba Ho-Tep is great, but you can't bang on about Elvis' legacy like some Puritan and not criticise the film.


Yes I can because as weird and funny as the movie is, it doesn't go against Elvis.

I don't put on voices either. I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover. Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice. It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.


Bit of a bold statement to say you sound like Elvis doing a cover. I've yet to hear anyone who sounds like Elvis other than Elvis.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 4:52 am

Impersonators are the CANCER in the Elvis World!!!

I donĀ“t which is worst: impersonators or Elvis ducks!!!?????

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:03 am

Kylan wrote:
Keggyhander wrote:Bubba Ho-Tep is great, but you can't bang on about Elvis' legacy like some Puritan and not criticise the film.

I don't put on voices either. I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover. Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice. It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.


oh brother!! trust me, you don't sound like Elvis. and ive not even heard you. And im not being insulting, Ronny McDowell doesn't sound like Elvis either. if you have any brain cells, which im sure u have plenty you will discern my point.


Why do you all split hairs so much? Elvis himself sounded completely different from one live performance to the next. I do discern your point but I cannot see the point of your point.

You people are so twisted in your thinking that if an ETA put up a recording that sounded enough like Elvis to fool YOU, that if you were then told it wasn't Elvis you'd say it was crap.

And your obvious reply to this post will be to say that no ETA can fool you.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:07 am

Well I can't be fooled. it can be spotted easily. any fan worth their salt can't be fooled.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:14 am

the only Elvis impersonator i've seen so far that is really worth your money is Max Pellicano, (the money i paid was $55 AU) and a few exceptions too. but the others that put on a wig, mumble, and make fun of him........

(click of a shotgun) BANG!

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:40 am

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:but the others that put on a wig, mumble, and make fun of him........

(click of a shotgun) BANG!


I can't argue with that.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:33 am

Jamie Aaron Kelly is very talented and definitely one of the good guys. I'm not aware of another that comes close. Some of course are a true insult to the man and should be gagged.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:49 am

Jamie is excellent, talented, and respectful. One of the very few.

BTW........I think I've discovered here the only topic that gets more play and generates more heat than "Elvis vs Beatles" :lol:

Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:11 am

Keggyhander wrote:Why do you all split hairs so much?


Because some of us still have hairs left to split.

Keggyhander wrote:Elvis himself sounded completely different from one live performance to the next.


I know what you mean.

One moment, I'd hear him be all reverent on a mighty number like "How Great Thou Art"; the next, he'd be flexing his lithe body and making girls scream to a feral performance of "Suspicious Minds". I just can't get over the versatility and dynamic cross-gender, cross-creed, cross-continent, multi-million dollar appeal of the man. I'm sure you can relate.

Keggyhander wrote:I do discern your point but I cannot see the point of your point.


I think you just found a new slogan for yourself. ETAs unite!

Keggyhander wrote:You people are so twisted in your thinking that if an ETA put up a recording that sounded enough like Elvis to fool YOU, that if you were then told it wasn't Elvis you'd say it was crap.


That eventuality sounds about as likely as Michael Jackson deciding to restore the pigment in his skin, declare he's running as first Black President, get elected, leave Neverland, have a mad affair with Hilary Clinton, find a cure for AIDS, and do the moonwalk on his inauguration -- on top of the vice president's head whilst having starved tigers mauling on his groin in a fit of primal hunger, Hilary running frantically onto the scene, screaming, "Eat me! Eat me!, establishing the world's first verbal instruction to a tiger and then promptly being eaten to death, with Steven Spielberg and the corpse of Stanley Kubrick standing by to film and instantly broadcast it by satellite around the world -- even reaching into the vast depths of space, whereby, in one hundred million years, an alien civilisation intercepts the by-now faint signal, successfully boosting and decoding it, tracking its origin, speeding to Earth, finding evidence it was devastated by a nuclear holocaust but subsequently repopulated by dinosaurs of the late Triassic or possibly late Cretaceous period, with new species in rich abundance, turning to their most treasured specimen frozen in carbonite, and matter-of-factly stating, in the faint hope their subject can still hear them: "Sorry, Elvis, you cain't never go home".

Keggyhander wrote:And your obvious reply to this post will be to say that no ETA can fool you.


Though the non-obvious reply should also be considered. Here it is:

I love Natalie Portman. Especially her feet.

I also liked cooked breakfasts of a rare morn when the grass is glistening with copious amounts of dew and the birds are singing with moving melodies untold.

The budget of the critically-maligned and oft-ignored "Gay Niggers From Outer Space" has not been publically disclosed but is rumoured to be less than a million dollars. "Gay Niggers From Outer Space" was also shot using Betacam video, which differs significantly from the conventional 35mm and 65/70mm celluloid filmstocks employed in the production of most motion pictures. It is a tonologically disparate entity from distinguished pictures in the cinematic pantheon like "The Godfather" and "Lawrence of Arabia".

Running Windows XP with less than 512Mb of RAM is not recommended and actually frowned upon in some cultures.

Bunny rabbits are sometimes born with two tails. Maybe. Possibly. I don't know.

Keggyhander wrote:I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover.


Confessions like this make me weep. I have my own sad story to share:

I tried walking round the streets like a tramp, but no matter how hard I attempted it, I couldn't escape my uncanny resemblance to Elvis and got mobbed everywhere I went. In the end, imprisoned by my striking beauty, I finally resigned myself to embracing my stunning visage wholeheartedly. I literally am Elvis. I can't escape it. This is my burden -- and I bear it with courage and dignity.

Keggyhander wrote:Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice.


I feel your pain. Allow me to reiterate. Your pain -- as the above story attests -- is my pain. It even takes on new dimensions at times and I feel an even greater affliction: whenever I press the "play" button.

Keggyhander wrote:It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.


Evidently, you're the git that keeps on giving.

I feel that last sentence may be missing a letter -- but I can't put my finger on it.

Mon Mar 13, 2006 6:55 am

All Elvis impersonators need to get there own thing and stop trying to copy someone else :P now theres an idea :wink:

Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:26 pm

Cryogenic wrote:
Keggyhander wrote:Why do you all split hairs so much?


Because some of us still have hairs left to split.

Keggyhander wrote:Elvis himself sounded completely different from one live performance to the next.


I know what you mean.

One moment, I'd hear him be all reverent on a mighty number like "How Great Thou Art"; the next, he'd be flexing his lithe body and making girls scream to a feral performance of "Suspicious Minds". I just can't get over the versatility and dynamic cross-gender, cross-creed, cross-continent, multi-million dollar appeal of the man. I'm sure you can relate.

Keggyhander wrote:I do discern your point but I cannot see the point of your point.


I think you just found a new slogan for yourself. ETAs unite!

Keggyhander wrote:You people are so twisted in your thinking that if an ETA put up a recording that sounded enough like Elvis to fool YOU, that if you were then told it wasn't Elvis you'd say it was crap.


That eventuality sounds about as likely as Michael Jackson deciding to restore the pigment in his skin, declare he's running as first Black President, get elected, leave Neverland, have a mad affair with Hilary Clinton, find a cure for AIDS, and do the moonwalk on his inauguration -- on top of the vice president's head whilst having starved tigers mauling on his groin in a fit of primal hunger, Hilary running frantically onto the scene, screaming, "Eat me! Eat me!, establishing the world's first verbal instruction to a tiger and then promptly being eaten to death, with Steven Spielberg and the corpse of Stanley Kubrick standing by to film and instantly broadcast it by satellite around the world -- even reaching into the vast depths of space, whereby, in one hundred million years, an alien civilisation intercepts the by-now faint signal, successfully boosting and decoding it, tracking its origin, speeding to Earth, finding evidence it was devastated by a nuclear holocaust but subsequently repopulated by dinosaurs of the late Triassic or possibly late Cretaceous period, with new species in rich abundance, turning to their most treasured specimen frozen in carbonite, and matter-of-factly stating, in the faint hope their subject can still hear them: "Sorry, Elvis, you cain't never go home".

Keggyhander wrote:And your obvious reply to this post will be to say that no ETA can fool you.


Though the non-obvious reply should also be considered. Here it is:

I love Natalie Portman. Especially her feet.

I also liked cooked breakfasts of a rare morn when the grass is glistening with copious amounts of dew and the birds are singing with moving melodies untold.

The budget of the critically-maligned and oft-ignored "Gay Niggers From Outer Space" has not been publically disclosed but is rumoured to be less than a million dollars. "Gay Niggers From Outer Space" was also shot using Betacam video, which differs significantly from the conventional 35mm and 65/70mm celluloid filmstocks employed in the production of most motion pictures. It is a tonologically disparate entity from distinguished pictures in the cinematic pantheon like "The Godfather" and "Lawrence of Arabia".

Running Windows XP with less than 512Mb of RAM is not recommended and actually frowned upon in some cultures.

Bunny rabbits are sometimes born with two tails. Maybe. Possibly. I don't know.

Keggyhander wrote:I became an ETA because I if I do other material it just sounds like Elvis doing a cover.


Confessions like this make me weep. I have my own sad story to share:

I tried walking round the streets like a tramp, but no matter how hard I attempted it, I couldn't escape my uncanny resemblance to Elvis and got mobbed everywhere I went. In the end, imprisoned by my striking beauty, I finally resigned myself to embracing my stunning visage wholeheartedly. I literally am Elvis. I can't escape it. This is my burden -- and I bear it with courage and dignity.

Keggyhander wrote:Like Jimmy "Orion" Ellis, I'm trapped by my voice.


I feel your pain. Allow me to reiterate. Your pain -- as the above story attests -- is my pain. It even takes on new dimensions at times and I feel an even greater affliction: whenever I press the "play" button.

Keggyhander wrote:It can be seen as a curse, or a gift, depending on one's view.


Evidently, you're the git that keeps on giving.

I feel that last sentence may be missing a letter -- but I can't put my finger on it.


Ku-lassic! :D

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:41 pm

Scatter wrote:Jamie is excellent, talented, and respectful. One of the very few.


No, no, no.

This is a real ETA:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/3 ... %20Art.wma

Tue Mar 14, 2006 3:47 am

Cryogenic wrote:
Scatter wrote:Jamie is excellent, talented, and respectful. One of the very few.


No, no, no.

This is a real ETA:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/3 ... %20Art.wma


My god, I closed my eyes and thought it was the man himself....I am truely converted.....ETAs are a gift to us all.

Tue Mar 14, 2006 8:37 am

well, i do feel that ETA'S do need to get a career of their own, but hey, each to ones own i guess. speaking by experience of me wanting to be one, i wanted to be one because most of the impersonators out there don't do justice to Elvis, some body will see a mumbling wig wearing fat sequinned jumpsuited guy, and think 'oh thats Elvis, what a joke!' i wanted to be one so i could influence people that Elvis was one of the greatest singers and entertainers, if not, THE best

but then when i started writing my own songs and singing lessons with my singing teacher, i realised that 'hey, Elvis has had his shot at life, i should be myself'

but then again, i saw in a different light why ETA's do what they do, because i watched Max Pellicano, and next to seeing Elvis in person, its the 3rd best thing after watching film footage. forget its some one else, think that its Elvis, and you're trapped back in the era. yet again, this is only because Max done it SO WELL

so, if ETA'S are doing Elvis justice, let them be. Elvis ain't around any more to give new material or new performances, so this is the next best thing

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:43 pm

Matthew wrote:
Cryogenic wrote:
Scatter wrote:Jamie is excellent, talented, and respectful. One of the very few.


No, no, no.

This is a real ETA:

http://www.filelodge.com/files/room16/3 ... %20Art.wma


My god, I closed my eyes and thought it was the man himself....I am truely converted.....ETAs are a gift to us all.


This person doesn't ape every aspect of Elvis' performance but approximates it and naturally fills in the rest with his own voice. He also uses his own live band and backing singers. I think it's very tastefully done.

But he doesn't just live off Elvis. He's written his own songs (I've heard one of them). I think this guy could really be something with the right publisher.

I'm not fundamentally opposed to ETAs with real singing ability and some measure of imitation. A balance needs to be struck. It also helps if they use live music and not your average karaoke tunes that any fool can get hold of. Lastly, they should have a build that approximates Elvis' wherever possible; even most slim ETAs are much broader and wider than Elvis ever was. In short: it takes a special kind of person with a special kind of talent. Anyone else - including Keggy - just turns Elvis into a cheap circus act; something that the Colonel knew all about.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:22 pm

there are some bad ETA'S out there, ray wood is not one of them, see his show live and you may have a different opinion, ray puts a lot into his shows and with passion and feeling, if you look at the posting guidelines on this board i think that you may find you have broken just about everyone of them, all i can say regarding ETA'S is before you criticise and abuse walk a mile in their shoes. all the best, Jesse.

Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:30 pm

JESSEGARONUK wrote:there are some bad ETA'S out there, ray wood is not one of them, see his show live and you may have a different opinion before you criticise and abuse walk a mile in their shoes


Thanks...no.