Off Topic Messages

Calzaghe vs Lacy

Mon Mar 06, 2006 3:24 am

What a fight maaaaaan.......Awesome........well not for you americans i suppose- lol

That'll teach Lacy to spout his big mouth off about knocking Joe out..........Joe beat seven shades of sh*t out of him for twelve rounds- LMFAO

A warning to the rest of you........Never fu*k with a welshman unless your female and it's in the bedroom :lol:

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:06 am

That was a great match!! I've been reading about calzaghe for years but never got the opportunity to see him; so I was skeptical of his chances to beat Lacy...boy, was I wrong!!! I didn't give Lacy a single round....now I know why Roy Jones Jr. refused to fight Joe! I hope we see more of him!!

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:23 am

An amazing performance and I have to admit I didn't think he'd pull it off. I gave him a shot, but thought he'd looked pretty average in his last couple of fights and wouldn't bring enough to the table. Man, was I wrong? :) It was one of the most one-sided world title unification bouts I've ever seen. Calzaghe completely outclassed Lacy in every department.

Here's a now quite amusing quote from James Toney on how he thought the fight would go:

"Joe Calzaghe-Jeff Lacy is a mismatch. Lacy is going to destroy that boy. He's too strong, he's a fighter - he's proved himself.

Calzaghe never did anything. He beat Chris Eubank nine years ago, but what has he done since then? He's a joke, that's why he keeps pulling out of fights.

I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out of this one. Everybody in the UK is over-protected, but Lacy will be OK, because he's a fighter."

:lol:

Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:08 am

LMFAO TJ

Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:41 pm

The problem with some of these American fighters is that they love themselves too much.
When they come out with statements like James Toney did, they end up looking stupid,which they are.

James Toney is such a idiot and has always been an idiot. :roll:

Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:34 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:James Toney is such a idiot and has always been an idiot. :roll:

The pleasing thing is, maybe he now knows that himself :wink:

Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:20 pm

TJ wrote:
Sean Ryan wrote:James Toney is such a idiot and has always been an idiot. :roll:

The pleasing thing is, maybe he now knows that himself :wink:

I doubt it TJ,
He is to stupid to realise it. :wink: