Off Topic Messages

Aerosmith and KISS on tour

Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:11 pm

From USA Today:

Aerosmith gets Kiss on the road
Aerosmith and Kiss will join forces to tour this summer, playing more than 32 concert dates. The tour will commence in Hartford, Conn., on Aug. 2 and will run through October. Other early dates include Washington, Aug. 9; Detroit, Aug. 15; Indianapolis, Aug. 17; Columbus, Ohio, Aug. 19; Pittsburgh, Aug. 21; and Buffalo, Aug. 23. Also joining the Boston rockers and the men in makeup will be hard-rock act Saliva.

Tom

Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:33 pm

Don't forget Saint Louis in August!!

Tue Apr 22, 2003 5:29 am

Which act (save Saliva) is the headliner?

Wed Apr 23, 2003 5:17 am

Let me ask in a different way.......Which band will play last? Has there been any word on that?

Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:33 am

I wish I knew!!

Wed Apr 23, 2003 12:41 pm

^i wonder if the whole thing's going to fail because of that. the egos...
I heard Joey Kramer saying something stupid like they don't want to tour with a circus act. As if Aeroshit were a dead serious band themselves... :roll:

Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:02 pm

Guys,
What I posted was the only info in the USA Today. For more info on dates, etc. go to http://www.kissonline.net

Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 5:51 pm

I suspect that the acts may well alternate who plays the headline slot. Those old enough to remember the Eric Clapton/Elton John world tour of 1992 will recall that that is what happened.

Thu May 01, 2003 6:04 pm

Same with the Elton John/Billy Joel tour. However, rumor has it that KISS is opening for Aerosmith. Sorry Genesim, that's just what I read in the paper.

Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 6:49 pm

Kiss without Ace is just not KISS. I may have to pass on this one. The fact they are opening for Aeorsmith, just reinforces this. Love KISS music, but they never really reached their full potential, because of egos within the band. They are like the Beach Boys...unrealized, but still known enough to be commendable. Aerosmith, is a great band, and at least could hold the band together for longer. Though against KISS at their best...NO CONTEST!!

Thu May 01, 2003 7:24 pm

I didn't realize that Ace was not part of the band on this tour. That being the case, they aren't really KISS, in my opinion. That's like Paul, George and Ringo going on tour as "The Beatles." It's not even close to the real thing. I'd pass too.

Tom

Thu May 01, 2003 9:14 pm

I'm still going if I get the chance! Even if Ace isn't with them(i am mad at Ace for that) Groups like the Beatles just don't really exist anymore, where all players are equalls in the say in the group. Just think about it...
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Fri May 02, 2003 12:06 am

Not saying I don't want to go. Just not on my high priorities right now. Hopefully Ace will come back, and they come back through. With or without Aerosmith, I would like to see them one last time!

Fri May 02, 2003 12:43 am

Why do you care if Ace is with them or not? It looks like you would be mad if Gene was the one not touring with them anymore! LOL Would it still be KISS if Bruce Kulick was the guitarist? I think he was with Kiss longer than ACE....
JEFF d
EPFAN!

Mon May 05, 2003 1:05 am

You're totally right EPFAN! Bruce Kulick was longer in Kiss than Ace Frehley. I thought that KISS was on their "farewell tour" but I guess not. Instead of making more money on these tours, why don't you record a new album, since the band isn't gonna stop anyway!

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Kiss fan, but since those idiot reunion tour and farewell tour, kiss isn't the same anymore and that's too bad. The moment I heard that Peter and Ace were joining the band in 1996 I knew that it was over......I whish that the good "old" days were back when Bruce and Eric Singer were still in Kiss. But I think that's never going to happen. I met Eric on a Kiss expo last year and he told that there isn't a chance that he and Bruce will join Kiss...But maybe, when Paul and Gene want something, they're going after their goals....so maybe we can hope that Kiss will come back again.

Mon May 05, 2003 6:58 pm

Jeff D and Black Diamond,

True Bruce was with them for longer. I would be more likely to see them if Bruce was with them. Eric Singer at least played on some great studio albums. BUT WHO IS TOMMY THAYER!! Sure he did some fillins on the Psycho Circus album, but the only person that should be wearing Ace's make up is ACE!!!

I wish Kiss would have kept on recording, because the real masterminds are Paul and Gene. Seeing Kiss during the first(or second) leg of the comeback tour was magic, but something happened. THe band is not the same now. It is a shame they lost their momentum. The problem, the band did not split the profits equally. True Ace and Peter will never be happy, but at least they wouldn't have THAT to complain about. Tommy Thayer is not the only reason, why I didn't get tickets this Saturday. I hate outdoor shows, and it is a SIN seeing them OPENING for Aerosmith. If I would have gone, then I would have been out in the parking lots giving away my tickets to the Aerosmith part of the show!! Aerosmith is a great band, but not worth seeing AFTER a Kiss extravaganza!!

Mon May 05, 2003 7:18 pm

All good points! BUT i'm still going (if i get chance) just look at the Rolling Stones! Hell, they havent been touring with all there original members since, what 1968? I'm of a mind now that the "Farewell" tour that KISS did was a farewell for the "originals".
It was sorta wierd because all that year they kept building and building to the final show that was supposed to be in NYC in October(i beleive) and then 9/11 happened, and they just never had that "final" show. Apparently decieding to keep KISS Alive, as it were...
JEFF d
EPFAN!
ps If you happen to be a Godzilla fan, then KISS's career seems perfectly reasoanble! lol

Mon May 05, 2003 9:32 pm

Two of the greatest bands ever in the history of rock music that should be a classic performnce! I hope they come to Atlanta!!!!!!!!!