Off Topic Messages

Is your team going dancing?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:00 pm

Mine might be going after an 18 year absence...

How about your team?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:14 pm

the Longhorns? :lol: man, i cant believe u guys beat em! geesh! hell bet they wont make it to the Sweet 16.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Bama should be in for sure, I am real proud of UAB, they won their way in the other night with the win over Memphis.

Good for you guys Scotch, I am about sick of Longhorns.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:29 pm

Unless my Demon Deacons can pull off a miracle and win the ACC Touney, I think we'll be watching the big dance from home.

Tom

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:28 pm

The Aggies play down and dirty defense, and when we get other teams to play our game, it is very low-scoring and gives us a chance to win. If we Dance, I am not saying we will even win the First Round game, but I would bet that it is not a blowout loss.

So Blue, I thought that Bama played some of their games in Birmingham, what is the relationship between Alabama, UAB, and the various football stadiums?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:22 pm

99% of all Bama fans hate UAB as it is a sister school (University of Alabama at Birmingham) and they feel it only drains athletic resources from big sister. This has led to a lot of bad blood over the years, they will not even schedule each other to play even though it would benefit both schools.

I do not apply to this reasoning. I grew up in Birmingham and have watched UAB grow and so I have always pulled for UAB to do well. I have had many arguments about this with Bama fans over the years...but oh well, zealots will be zealots.

Bama does not play but one or two games in B'ham any longer and they are throw away games. They have moved all others back on campus.

Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:47 pm

So far, so good. Aside from Tom's team not getting in, seems like our teams are doing ok.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:11 am

5 teams represent the state of tennessee

Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:51 am

scotch wrote:So far, so good. Aside from Tom's team not getting in, seems like our teams are doing ok.

HEY!!! My team got in.......to the Nit Wit Tournament.........only to lose their first game. Oh well, the ACC is still well represented in the big dance.

Tom

Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:49 pm

My team--Michigan--is also in the N.I.T. (Not Important Tournament).

The Big Ten took it on the chops on Friday, with Iowa, Wisconsin and Michigan State all getting bumped out of the Big Dance.

Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:33 pm

KHoots wrote:N.I.T. (Not Important Tournament)

AKA: Not Invited Tournament

Tom

Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:50 pm

*SIGH*

There is always next year Scotch.

More importantly there is always Football season.... :lol:

Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:26 pm

Wow, if a three pointer hadn't gone down for LSU, we would have gotten a shot at Duke.

We only lose one starter and no one who gets much time off the bench this year, so look for the Aggies in the Tourney for the next few years. If we can keep our coach, look for us in the Final Four sooner rather than later.

As far as the foorball team goes, many Aggies are not happy. We will look like we have a turnaround next year because our schedule is so easy. So we may not really improve and go 9-3 or 10-2, and that will keep Fran around a few more years...

Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:38 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:
KHoots wrote:N.I.T. (Not Important Tournament)

AKA: Not Invited Tournament

Tom

AKA#2: NOT INTERESTED TOURNAMENT

Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:58 pm

epfan22 wrote:AKA#2: NOT INTERESTED TOURNAMENT

Even better!!!

Tom

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:22 pm

I must confess...I did watch some of the Michigan-Notre Dame N.I.T. game last night. It won't happen again. :oops:

Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:38 pm

Actually, tonight's game, South Carolina (19-15) at Florida State (20-9) may be worth a watch.

Tom

Tue Mar 21, 2006 9:20 pm

scotch wrote:We only lose one starter and no one who gets much time off the bench this year, so look for the Aggies...in the Final Four sooner rather than later.

Remember, scotch, Michigan State fans were saying the same thing just last year, following their Final Four appearance. Enter: George Mason.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:11 am

ahh, the important part of the quote was left out.
I said if we are able to keep our coach, we would get to the Final Four sooner rather than later. Some are saying Indiana has their eyes on our beloved Billy Gilispie.
Without him, we probably only make the NIT next year, then the NCAAs the year after because of an influx of talent. With him, I predict Sweet 16 or Elite 8 next year, then Final Four by 2009.
He is that good, and that is why we are scared that a "basketball school" may snag him before we reach elite status.