Off Topic Messages

Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:26 pm

Torben wrote:Just thought I'd give new life to this nice thread.

Gotta agree with everything that's been written here.


Thanks Torben, it's been a long road for some of us.

Pete, is a comic these days. I may just post a few photos to prove him nearly right :lol:

Image


Holy Mo ses :lol: Killarney 1971 and Fishing off Dungarvan circa 1968.

Why do these photos not reduce???????????? on here.

Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:32 pm

......and the self-promoting begins again.

Tom

Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:01 am

Who is the ugly guy in the photo? :P :lol: :lol:

kidding.....

Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:58 am

Renan wrote:Who is the ugly guy in the photo? :P :lol: :lol:

kidding.....


Renan, Why, he is Dr Jeykle, and hiding, of course :lol:

"Robert Louis Stevenson. 1850–1894

15. Requiem

UNDER the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie:
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you 'grave for me:
Here he lies where he long'd to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill. "

A poem I learnt off by heart as a child.

Stevenson's "Treasure Island" was a favourite book, and the 1950s movie.

Sun Mar 12, 2006 10:42 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:
Renan wrote:Who is the ugly guy in the photo? :P :lol: :lol:

kidding.....


Renan, Why, he is Dr Jeykle, and hiding, of course :lol:

"Robert Louis Stevenson. 1850–1894

15. Requiem

UNDER the wide and starry sky
Dig the grave and let me lie:
Glad did I live and gladly die,
And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you 'grave for me:
Here he lies where he long'd to be;
Home is the sailor, home from the sea,
And the hunter home from the hill. "

A poem I learnt off by heart as a child.

Stevenson's "Treasure Island" was a favourite book, and the 1950s movie.


I remember being spellbound by the book as a boy as well...........along with Moby Dick.

I imagine they'd be well worth a re-read even at this late date, huh Maurice???

Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:11 am

Well shiver my timbers Scatter, you are still up?

Ah yes Sea-faring stories! Did you know the movie "Moby Dick" was filmed in Ireland. I seem to remember they lost the rubber Whale for a time in the Irish sea!

I have bookshelves with quite a few unread books waiting, so the re-reading of Treasure Island will have to wait:-( But I live on a treasured Island :lol:

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:24 pm

Maurice -

Did you eat that fish?

Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:47 pm

Pete, No I didn't eat the Dogfish, it was released back into the Irish sea and it swam away.

I rarely eat fish although I should. But I do take a tablespoon full of Cod liver oil occasionally. Yuk!! For the heart :lol:

http://elvisbyterrywood.com/

Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:42 pm

Good on you, Maurice!

Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:05 pm

MauriceinIreland wrote:
Torben wrote:Just thought I'd give new life to this nice thread.

Gotta agree with everything that's been written here.


Thanks Torben, it's been a long road for some of us.

Pete, is a comic these days. I may just post a few photos to prove him nearly right :lol:

Image


Holy Mo ses :lol: Killarney 1971 and Fishing off Dungarvan circa 1968.

Why do these photos not reduce???????????? on here.


Maurice -
When was the photo on the left, the one of Joe Cocker wearing eyeglasses taken? :wink: :)

And why didn't you keep that fish? I have a recipe for you: soak the fish in guiness, cook for 15 minutes, serve with a potato garnished with shamrocks, and soda bread. Dip your bread into any remaining Guiness in the cooking pan. Wash it all down with a pint of guiness. :lol:

Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:49 pm

Thanks Andrew.

Pete, Wash it down with A PINT of Guinness? What do you think I am a teetotaler :lol:

A gallon just about warms me up to the task :wink:

Maureen! dig up some Shamrock.........we are goin' fishing.....

http://www.free-press-release.com/news/ ... 62483.html