Off Topic Messages

Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:41 pm

Kylan wrote:and don't forget an even more shocking development.. Doc giving credit to GG and responding in a nice cordial way. Its like the Twilight Zone around here.

I was just thinking the same thing about Maurice's posts the other day. Although his old style didn't bother me as much as some of you other guys. I do wish he would cut back on the USA bashing so much. The chic thing to do in 06 I suppose.

I caught that exchange the other day Kylan, I was very surprised...lol
Doc has seemed to taken some of the edge of here lately. I actually find myself searching out his posts now. The guy has a helluva lot to offer and it would appear he has worked on his delivery a bit.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:26 pm

Hey, have you guys turned into a bunch of lovey dovey hippies or what ?

Maurice has always been a nice guy. The guy has a good personality together with a nice sense of humour. Look at all the flack he has taken, only to come back with a little humour.

By the way, is this thread overly condensending ?

Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:45 pm

Ezzz wrote:Hey, have you guys turned into a bunch of lovey dovey hippies or what ?

Not really.

I think two things have influenced events.

1] Some of us waged a long campaign aimed at ridiculing the 'nasty' posters on here.

2] The nicest, sweetest poster on the MB died recently.

The upshot is a much more tolerant and friendly feeling has permeated the MB.

Let's try and keep it up as a sort of memorial to Sue [Silver].

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:20 pm

Errol -
Some of us have recently taken a poll that has revealed us to be leftie libertarians! So yes, we are a bunch of hippy dippys. Smoke a little of this herb and you will see things our way. Peace, love, and groovieness to you.

Moonchild (AKA Pete)

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey Moonchild, i dig yer groove my man................now how about Graceland Gardener, do you dig this leftie liberal groove.........man ?

Fri Mar 03, 2006 7:05 pm

ColinB wrote:
2] The nicest, sweetest poster on the MB died recently.

You had me worried there,Colin,I had to check my pulse.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 8:46 pm

Colin, Thank you.

In return I'd say you are one of the most level headed guys on this message board. And often quite a comic :D

Thanksamillion everyone else for the kind, and sometimes cautionary, comments.

We all have our flaws (except of course the Doc) but even he can be cured :lol:

Joseph Keller's, "Catch 22" Kicked in here for awhile. I'd be Mad to comment on certain stuff, but Crazy if I didn't!

Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:35 pm

This is the most romantic topic I have ever read. :lol:

Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:55 am

Wow, what a surprise. This is amazing, fantastic news. Not just about Maurice who Andy Morewood described as "a very nice chap" after meeting him (and I think Maurice paid for the meals as well), but about DJC who I always thought had too much on the ball to get sidetracked with the small stuff.

I'm sure Maurice would rather have statues of his grandchildren - right, Maurice? :wink:

But seriously, you guys - good going!

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:23 am

Maurice and Doc are "12 Step Buddies" at Message Boards Anonymous.

Step 11 is making amends.

Step 12 is sending FTDs to all posters.........

Sat Mar 04, 2006 10:50 am

Oh sh*t, someone pass me a tissue! This is all too much! :smt010

Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:14 pm

Memphis Flash wrote:I'm sure Maurice would rather have statues of his grandchildren - right, Maurice? :wink:

Memphis Flash, They would have to be mobile statues, our grandchildren are swift of mind and foot :lol: Besides they erect rock and stone sculptures in our front garden and on the beaches too :lol:

Welcome back by the way.

thefunkyangel, you were spared the PMs :lol:

I got a really weird one from a, Violet ?

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:06 pm

I think Maurice has greatly improved!

I mean, after that near fatal space capsule accident, and injuring two legs and one arm and one eye... ouch.
But gentlemen, they could rebuild him.
The had the technology to make him better than before.
Better..... stronger..... faster.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:12 pm

I noticed all the observations all too well...

Or is it the calm before the storm? :P

Its been nice though. I can even admit that.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 5:44 pm

genesim wrote:Or is it the calm before the storm? :P

genesim, That h a d crossed my mind.

I survived storm force gales on the Irish sea on the cattle boat February 1964 when all the full glasses of Guinness, beer and spirit bottles were flung to the deck, along with dizzy sea sick passengers. My brother Seamus included. "It was a night, such a night it was it really was..such a night!"

The waves were enormous

I never spilt a drop :lol:

The cattleboat sailed from Liverpool UK 10-15 PM and would berth at 7am the next morning in Dublin.

Now we can do it in 3 hours, or 90 minutes to Holyhead in Wales, on the fast Ultra modern Ferry.

Where's my Sou'Wester suit? :lol:

But just in case.......... Image
Last edited by MauriceinIreland on Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:01 pm

sy snoodle von roppolom snit
Last edited by Graceland Gardener on Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:13 pm

Kylan mentioned this earlier...can't you read punk? Geez...always got to toot your own horn. :wink:

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:28 pm

genesim wrote:...always got to toot your own horn. :wink:

If I could toot my own horn I'd never leave the house.

Tom

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:32 pm

Wouldn't we all.....NOT YOUR HORN, OUR HORNS. :lol:

Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:31 pm

oh, Geneschmidt, here it is =>
yeah, I did skip over it before. I usually read every Kylan post, coz Kylan Rocks!
:
Of course,
Genesim calling GG a punk, and GG skipping over a Kylan post
is further evidence of that bizarro-world "Twilight Zone" syndrome.

Now........ I gotta log off and go burn Disco albums while listening to Bob Dylan real loud and later hang up a new Yoko Ono poster I bought.

:shock:

Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:08 pm

Just messing with ya buddy. :lol:

Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:00 pm

I know

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:25 pm

Just thought I'd give new life to this nice thread.

Gotta agree with everything that's been written here.

Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:38 pm

Maybe Curtis Simpkins can be brought back and redeemed. :lol:

Sorry, Maurice, just jivin'...

Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:52 am

Maybe Maurice can have a statue erected of Curtis at 13. Then we can have a hippy- dippy, I'm ok you're ok, love-a-thon group hug around the statue! After which we can dance in our tie-dyed shirts to Kate Bush in a flowery meadow.