Off Topic Messages

The Swords Guy - a re-assessment

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:14 pm

Am I the only one to notice this:

Since he stopped his self-promoting posts, Mr C.olgan has shown himself to be an interesting, well-informed and wide-ranging debater on here.

A real credit to Ireland !

Well done, Maurice !
Last edited by ColinB on Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Off-topic, methinks, Colin.

I do agree that this is true, save for his recent bullheaded, "I was there" approach in debating the '60s legacy. Colin, you can keep your "re-assessment", I was there. :lol:

A tip of the hat to our resident Irish Elvis activist, just the same! :lol:
Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:17 pm

Credit where it's due.

Geoff

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:07 am

Hey, I'd be the first in line to bash the guy, and everyone knows it. Fortunately (or unfortunately for those of you who miss it), I (nor anyone else) has been given cause as of late. Maurice, it's been a pleasure reading your posts over the last several weeks. My mom (or was it my shrink?) always said that if you can't say anything nice about someone, then just shut the f@*% up. Maurice, I am happy to be able to add to this thread.

Tom

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:16 am

and don't forget an even more shocking development.. Doc giving credit to GG and responding in a nice cordial way. Its like the Twilight Zone around here.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:22 am

And Genesim and I (finally) exchanged civil posts in the last few days.

Clearly, there's something very wrong. :D

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:33 am

Perhaps Sue is able to do now what she tried so hard to do before.....make us get along. Hey, you explain it then!

Tom

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:44 am

The few times I have interacted with Maurice have been nice and very cordial. Great thread and idea Colin.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:52 am

Jeeze, what's with all this sappy stuff! This is the FECC board not a Hallmark card. What's next a friggin' all-man group hug? .............. Well, ok ...... I'll admit that Maurice has been offering some decent enough posts. Heck, I'll even admit that I've gotten to like Maurice over the past year or so ............ so c'mere Maurice ya Irish lug you so I can give you a hug.

And no comments from the peanut gallery!

Re: spectacle - a re-assessment

Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:57 am

ColinB wrote:Since he stopped his self-promoting posts, Mr colgateā„¢ has shown himself to be an interesting, well-informed and wide-ranging debater on here.

Perhaps a statue in his honor would be in order? We could take donations via PayPal.

DJC

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:00 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
ColinB wrote:Since he stopped his self-promoting posts, Mr colgateā„¢ has shown himself to be an interesting, well-informed and wide-ranging debater on here.

Perhaps a statue in his honor would be in order? We could take donations via PayPal.

DJC

Doc, you are too funny. As far as Maurice goes, keep up the great work my friend.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:07 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Perhaps a statue in his honor would be in order? We could take donations via PayPal.

Would the statue need to be Maurice as a 12 year-old boy?? OK, that's just too nasty to think about. Also, why on earth is this not in the OFF TOPIC section??

Tom (hey, my congeniality only goes so far)

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:14 am

Yeah, I meant it to be 'Off Topic' !

Getting on a bit now.

Never sure where I'm posting !

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:42 am

Yeah I admit there had been times I wanted to bash the Irish - git to within a inch of his life, but I suppose I have mellowed a little, too! Well done Paddy, you wore me down! Cheers!
Peter Dube, you cracked me up son, about the group hug :lol:

Fri Mar 03, 2006 1:43 am

I noticed the changing at Maurice a while ago and chappau Maurice, I really enjoy your postings of the last few weeks. No statues, less articles about second class Elvis fans. Keep `em posted, Maurice!
:P
O.S.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:18 am

There is definitely a lot of love in the room, and I'm diggin' it!

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:22 am

But..................

Why isn't the man of the hour making an appearance here?
Where is our little mascot? We want to hear from him.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:41 am

Rob wrote:But..................

Why isn't the man of the hour making an appearance here?
Where is our little mascot? We want to hear from him.

He is either overcome with emotion, or he's had a heart attack reading these posts. Hell, maybe he's just taking a snooze.

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:43 am

Sorry.. you are all wrong.. nothing has changed, well I hope not...what a "FECCIN "boring board this would become if we were nice..Scatter and I saw one post disappear only to appear again..Pass the Dutchie from the left hand side.. for those old enough to know :roll: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:46 am

Whats going on here....this is on Off Topic and All Elvis.. amke up your minds please :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:20 am

Rock On, Maurice!!! :D

8)

Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:47 am

What I want to know is where's Tom's little buddy...........Curtis? :D

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:54 am

Still here, but under a different name. Look closely.

Not at me!

Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:55 am

jake wrote:What I want to know is where's Tom's little buddy...........Curtis? :D

Oh, I think he's still here, but logged in under yet another name. His idiotic (and intentional) spelling/grammer atrocities aside, his writing pattern is quite evident in a certain poster ramblings.

Tom

Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:43 am

Who's spectacle???