Off Topic Messages

We can't get The Untouchables on DVD, but we get this???

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:30 am

The "hilarity" begins on May 30th. Image

Tom

Sat Feb 25, 2006 7:44 am

In the Dictionary,
that above image should accompany the definitions for:

futility

and

crap

Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:55 am

I personally never understood how the lead off show took off either. Just one of those things that I never "got".

Still Friends was highly successful and I guess that is something. Still scratching my head though.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:47 pm

Same as that. I've always thought it was complete and utter rubbish. I could never understand why it was so popular.

Sun Feb 26, 2006 1:36 am

The truth is that NBC was banking (literally) on Joey being a monumental hit (riding on the coat tails of all those Friends viewers who had just lost their show) and had made a huge committment to Bright-San Productions in advance. NBC was up to their necks is pre-paid advertising, cast salaries (well, Matt's), and had so much $$$$$ sunk into the show, they forgot to do one thing: MAKE SURE IT WAS FUNNY!!!! Insiders to me that exec's at the network were absolutely furious when they saw the first few episodes as it just not funny. In fact, had this been any other pilot, it never would have aired...and with good cause. Friends was lightning in a botttle, based solely on an incredible ensemble cast. No one, and I mean no one, from Friends would have fared any better at a solo attempt so soon after the end of the show. NBC is just now in a financial position to cancel the show without taking a complete bath. Hopefully, they will end the ugliness.

Tom