Off Topic Messages

YEEEEEEEEHAAAWWW!!! Rednecks Rejoice!!

Fri Feb 24, 2006 5:53 pm

Universal Studios Home Video has announced a Special Edition of Smokey and the Bandit will street on May 30th. 1.85:1 Anamorphic Widescreen and DD 5.1 Surround will rock your double-wide!!!!:wink: Rumor has it that Burt (and maybe Jerry) recorded a commentary, but no confirmation on that, or any other extras, as of yet.

Tom

Fri Feb 24, 2006 6:26 pm

Tom,

are you bashing that film? :roll:

Universal's biggest $$$ maker of the '70s aside from Jaws.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:02 pm

On behalf of my fellow rednecks...Thanks Tom!

Yeeehaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.26nc.org/History/RebelYell/RebelYell_s.wav

Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:11 pm

Always loved that film. I picked up the boxed set which included all three films, which is two more than was necessary, but it's nice to have the complete set (I guess).

I cannot stomach the edited version of "Smokey..." which airs occasionally, though. "Scum Bum"? No, thanks! :D

Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:10 pm

GG,
I wouldn't dare bash that film. In fact, I thanked Burt several years back for all the action I got at the Drive-In when it was playing. It's a great film, a fun film, and I for one can't wait to see the SE. Oh, and KHoots, you will find the boxed set on my DVD shelf as well.

Tom

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:00 am

I too love this film, and have the 3-pack DVD.

(S&TM #3 sucks)

The TV version of S&TM alwasy without fail has the same ol' 1980s censored dialogue. With Fred Flintstone dubbing in the Sheriff's voice.