Off Topic Messages

King Kong DVD Specs

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:49 am

For those interested in the March 28th release....

"A single-disc edition will arrive with a 2.35:1 anamorphic transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio. Extras will include "The Volkswagen Toureg & King Kong" and "Wish You Were Here" features. Retail is $29.98. The double-disc special edition will also include the following exclusive bonus materials: Introduction by director Peter Jackson, Post-Production Diaries 55-90 (nearly three hours of never-before-seen featurettes), "Kong's New York, 1933" (1930s New York comes alive in this fascinating piece that explores vaudeville, the skyscraper boom, the construction of the Empire State Building and more), "Skull Island: A Natural History" (travel with Peter Jackson and his crew and uncover the fascinating facts about the island's mysterious origins, reclusive inhabitants and jawdropping creatures). Retail is $30.98. Also be aware that an extended cut of the film is evidently in the works for release later in the year."

Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:59 am

I'll definitely plunk down for this release. I really enjoyed the movie.

Has anyone here gotten the new DVD release of the 1933 original film?? There is a fascinating docu of the new film's effects crew recreating the original stop-motion Kong puppet, as well as showing the techniques used to create the classic film. This was worth the price of admission in and of itself.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:01 am

I know reviews were mixed for this movie but I enjoyed it enormously! Can't wait for the double disc set. I would expect we'll have to wait another couple of months here in the UK though. :(

Re: King Kong DVD Specs

Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:58 pm

Blue-Gypsy wrote: Also be aware that an extended cut of the film is evidently in the works for release later in the year."

An extended cut! The only beef I had with the theatrical version was that it was too long. That should've been the dvd extended cut.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:26 pm

Maybe Jackson is another Sergio Leone. Only in seeing the full cut, do his films seem to get "shorter".

That is how I feel about Lord Of The Rings. Perhaps I will feel the same about KING KONG which I have not seen yet..and may perhaps wait for the extended cut.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:01 pm

I bought the King Kong Productions Diaries that was released as a two disc set in November. Are these the same as the ones on this upcoming two disc set/ If so, they have been released before.
I think I will wait until the extended version comes out later in the year. I would assume it will be a 3 or 4 disc set.
This was a fun film in many ways but a joke in other ways.

jeff R
Last edited by jeffreyjames on Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

King Kong DVD Specs

Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:49 am

I have the 33 King Kong DVD it is a great dvd they redid the soider sceen you can not tell that it was done today if you like Kong Get It