Off Topic Messages

IS THIS CHUBBY BROWNS MOST RACSIST RHYME

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:44 pm

I KNOW A PAKI HIS NAME IS SING, SOMEBODY THREW A TOMATOE AT HIM, NOW TOMATOES ARE SOFT THEY DONT HURT SKIN, THIS *UCKER DID IT WAS STILL IN THE TIN.

RELIGION IS AN UGLY WORD I DONT CARE WHAT STAR YOUR FOLLOWING *ISS OFF, WAS THE MANS REPLY TO A RECENT BOO THE CROWD GAVE HIM AT A SHOW THE OTHER 90% GAVE HIM A STANDING OVATION

YOU DECIDE

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:47 pm

It's deeply racist, unpleasant, out of date by about 25 years...and not funny.

Transgressive humour I understand, this is not transgressive, it plays to peoples most base instincts.

A lack of formal education might lead you to believe it's amusing.

JMHO

Geoff

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:59 pm

I don`t quite understand the reason for starting this thread. Is this supposed to be something new ?

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:38 pm

Ezzz wrote:I don`t quite understand the reason for starting this thread. Is this supposed to be something new ?

That was the question I missed!

Nice one Errol :wink:

Geoff

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:18 am

I KNOW A PAKI HIS NAME IS SING,
SOMEBODY THREW A TOMATOE AT HIM,
NOW TOMATOES ARE SOFT THEY DONT HURT SKIN,
THIS *UCKER DID IT WAS STILL IN THE TIN.

If that aint funny, you aint got no sense of humour....you might aswell dress as a suicide bomber and threaten to behead those who draw cartoons that insult you too.

The punters who go to his shows know exactly what he's like so they know full well what to expect....if you don't like it, do go to his shows.

It's just a rhyme FFS.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:25 am

Who is Chubby Brown?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:51 am

likethebike wrote:Who is Chubby Brown?

An English comedian famous for his outlandish humour - sexist, racist, obscene and not remotely amusing. He doesn't get any airtime, but his live shows and DVDs are quite popular with those who can barely tie their own shoelaces.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:02 am

i don't get it. :? the joke is totally lost on me. i don't even know what it's about.

paki=pakistani? or am i totally off...?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:45 am

Elvis' Babe wrote:paki=pakistani?

Yes!

Elvis' Babe wrote:or am i totally off...?

No! :wink:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:00 pm

I think every country has one of those. In the United States the guy's name was Andrew Dice Clay. He was big here about 15 years ago. He's nowhere to be found today.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:04 pm

likethebike wrote:I think every country has one of those.

We've got two!

Chubby Brown and Bernard Manning! :D

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:25 pm

Perhaps I should have said at least one.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:54 pm

TJ wrote
An English comedian famous for his outlandish humour - sexist, racist, obscene and not remotely amusing. He doesn't get any airtime, but his live shows and DVDs are quite popular with those who can barely tie their own shoelaces.

You saying i can't tie my shoelaces?..........friend.

BTW..........Chubby gets no airtime because basically he swears a lot.....And he IS amusing.......You don't like him -that's fine........Don't watch him...stay in and listen to your Opera music you snooty tw**.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:13 pm

ok, i give up. somebody explain the joke. the pakistani tomatoes and tin are just going right over my head.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 3:32 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:ok, i give up. somebody explain the joke. the pakistani tomatoes and tin are just going right over my head.

Tomatoes don't hurt if they are thrown at you. But if they are tinned tomatoes still in the tin then they hurt a bit.

:shock:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:03 pm

and how does whether the tomatoes are canned or not have to do with pakistani people? :oops:

is this some political reference i was living under a rock during...?

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:12 pm

Elvis' Babe wrote:and how does whether the tomatoes are canned or not have to do with pakistani people? :oops:

is this some political reference i was living under a rock during...?

Someone threw a tomato at a Pakistan named sing, It could have been an American or anyone, but they have a thing about Pakistani's in the UK... Right???
The tomato wouldn't have hurt him but it was still in the tin!!!

8)

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:49 pm

i don't think that's funny

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:53 pm

the squirrel wrote:TJ wrote

You saying i can't tie my shoelaces?..........friend.

BTW..........Chubby gets no airtime because basically he swears a lot.....And he IS amusing.......You don't like him -that's fine........Don't watch him...stay in and listen to your Opera music you snooty tw**.

He's crude for the sake of it and racist, however you want to dress it up. Holding that view doesn't make me an opera lover - weird link?!? I just like comedians who don't rely on being offensive to get the laughs. Only one twat on this thread....friend!

And yes Elvis' Babe, Paki means Pakistani. It's no different to saying deleted - see guidelines #2. The joke refers to the practice of throwing tomatoes at someone. It's supposed to be funny because the tomatoes are still in the tin so would cause injury. Hysterical huh? :roll:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:29 pm

likethebike wrote:I think every country has one of those. In the United States the guy's name was Andrew Dice Clay. He was big here about 15 years ago. He's nowhere to be found today.

I thought he was huge in Vegas....

And only a real tw** would think that if you don't like sub-par racist jokes you must be an opera fan. :lol:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:27 pm

Two losers onto me now.......It's Dick and Dom in da bungalow :lol:

You two should put your heads together and make a fence.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:05 am

the squirrel wrote:Two losers onto me now.......It's Dick and Dom in da bungalow :lol:

You two should put your heads together and make a fence.

I've never heard someone called a loser for NOT liking Chubby Brown before. Most people would agree it usually works the other way.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 8:02 am

What's wrong with being an opera fan?

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:27 pm

I love Bob Hope`s films (though not after the mid 50`s ) but never found him funny doing his stand up act. Whenever i saw him on UK TV, he always used idiot boards to remember his act.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:56 pm

I dont understand that if you said a racist remark in the UK today, you can get arrested for it but if you do it on stage you get a round of applause. :shock:
Each to there own i suppose but i think in todays society , racist jokes are just not funny at all.