Off Topic Messages

How to take court action over vile junk emails.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:58 pm

I have been constantly getting vile emails from companies asking me if i want to buy any sex tablets.
Not just one or two but dozens from the same company.

Is this legal for them to do this??

I did hear recently that a man took one of these to court and won.

Some of the emails are very offensive and digusting.

When you try and get your name off the mailing list it doesnt seem to do any good.

Is there a way of getting these companies to stop sending these disgusting emails out??

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:56 pm

I once read that you shouldn't register for 'removal from the subscription list'.

Because this will indicate to them that you are an active e-mail address.

It could lead to you being added to a list of 'live' e-mail addresses which is then sold on to others, leading to even more unsolicited junk coming your way.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:59 pm

There are free programms that detect spam before you get it. Mailwasher is one.
Also you can set outlook so that e-mails containing certain words are sent to a folder you can create and then all you have to do is empty that folder from time to time. Just like you can choose to drop all the commercial leaflets and flyers that shops drop into your mailbox directly into the old paper bin.

Re: How to take court action over vile junk emails.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:28 pm

Sean Ryan wrote:I have been constantly getting vile emails from companies asking me if i want to buy any sex tablets.

Anymore info on these tablets? Sounds like a medical breakthrough to me. Think of all the money single guys can save on dinners, movies, flowers, etc....

Just take a tablet and your good to go! I havn't heard news this good since the invention of the blow up doll!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:35 pm

ColinB wrote:I once read that you shouldn't register for 'removal from the subscription list'.

Because this will indicate to them that you are an active e-mail address.

It could lead to you being added to a list of 'live' e-mail addresses which is then sold on to others, leading to even more unsolicited junk coming your way.

And you are right. The same applies to opening them. Just delete without opening if you are sure it's spam.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:08 pm

ColinB wrote: Just delete without opening if you are sure it's spam.

Colin.. whats cold meat got to do with junk mail? :shock: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: