Off Topic Messages

The Earth is saved!!! **ARTWORK**

Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:32 am

July 2006 on DVD

Last edited by Tom in North Carolina on Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 2:31 pm

Hmmmm..........

That one must have slipped by me...............

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:05 pm

ColinB wrote:Hmmmm..........

Would`nt be the first time Colin :oops: :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:42 pm

Rusty Martin* wrote:

Go on, remind me !

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:38 am

ColinB wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:

Go on, remind me !

OK...remember when :oops: :wink:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:54 am

Rusty Martin* wrote:
ColinB wrote:
Rusty Martin* wrote:

Go on, remind me !

OK...remember when :oops: :wink:

Oh, yeah, but I was much younger then !

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:35 am

Colin,
You guys didn't have Ultraman over there???

Tom

Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:14 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Colin,

Tom

It doesn't ring any bells, but I'm not very up on these things.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 1:07 pm

ColinB wrote:
Tom in North Carolina wrote:Colin,

Tom

It doesn't ring any bells, but I'm not very up on these things.

Colin`s right there :shock: No TINC we were spared :roll: :wink:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:28 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

now that looks like total fromage.

can't say it would be something i'd save my pennies for.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:32 am

For Immediate Release

"Ultraman-Volume One" Three Disc Set Available July 18th

Los Angeles, CA – It was one of the top syndicated shows for boys in the late '60s and early '70s, creating a massive cult following that continues to this day. Now, BCI, a wholly owned subsidiary of Navarre Corporation, has announced that it will be releasing the complete 39 episode series "Ultraman," beginning with a three-disc, 20-episode set, in its original, uncut length, on July 18th at a suggested retail price of $39.98. The announcement was made by Greg Glass, Senior Vice President, BCI.

"Ultraman represents one of the most popular 'tokusatsu'—special effects—superhero genre productions ever to come out of Japan," said Glass. "This series pre-dated the popular Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and we expect it to garner a tremendous fan base here in the United States."

Ultraman was produced by Tsuburaya Productions, and the 39 original episodes were broadcast on Tokyo Broadcasting System (TBS) from July 1966 to April 1967. An additional 11 Ultraman TV series were produced from 1967 to 1998. Ultraman was syndicated on television in the United States by United Artists in the 1970s.

An abundance of special features includes:

* Two collectible baseball-style cards featuring photos of Ultraman and his foes
* Original Japanese audio track, with newly created English subtitles
* English dubbed tracks created for the original television broadcast by the same team that voiced Speed Racer
* Interviews with English dub team Peter Fernandez, Corinne Orr and the late Earl Hammond
* Newly re-mastered with stereo sound and brilliant color

Each of the three DVDs will be packaged in individual slipcases, featuring photos of monsters from the series, all housed in a foil slipcase. The boxed set will include a Kajiu (monster) encyclopedia, as well as a 12-page booklet on the series.

BCI will feature a full episode of "Ultraman" at its San Diego Comic-Con booth this July. The DVD series will also be supported by a print, TV and online marketing and advertising campaign. "Volume Two," featuring the remaining 19 original episodes, will be available in October.

Ultraman is the story of a series of "Ultra-heros" that arrive on Earth to fight giant, evil monsters set on destroying the world. Each Ultraman can grow to over 200 feet tall, and uses a variety of energy emission powers, as well as expert, hand-to-hand martial arts fighting styles.

The series was created by Eiji Tsuburaya, a special effects pioneer responsible for bringing the classic Godzilla character to life in 1954. Tsuburaya was the director of special effects on over 100 films throughout his career, including every major monster film produced in Japan.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:57 am

a 60s version of the power rangers from japan...

oh, boy. :lol:

speaking of the power rangers--i hated that show, while all the people that grew up with me seemed to love it. ninja turtles too. gyeeeh.

i was more of an are you afraid of the dark? and goosebumps kind of person. :wink:

tinc--i think you're one of the few who remembers this show. it hasn't retained the fanbase of for example...scooby doo. if you mention ultraman around, i suspect 99.9% of people will give you blank stares. it hasn't quite made it to americana status.

Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:58 am

Man, if there's anything I loved as a boy even more than "Lancelot Link, Secret Chimp" it was "UltraMan". To compare this classic to something like "Power Rangers" simply does not do it justice at all. It was science fiction & action/adventure for kids (and adults I'd bet) at its best!

Elvis' Babe...I recently took a poll of my friends who are late 30's & early 40's. Half of them remember UltraMan. I guarantee the other half will recall it when I sit them down to watch with me. As much fun as "Scooby Doo" was, the live action shows of the early 70's couldn't be beat. Try to catch some of Sid & Marty Krofft's work sometime!

You can believe I'll be getting this set when it comes out. Thanks, Tom!

Mon May 01, 2006 4:34 am

Eagle,
Yeah, I thought EB was a little off on this one as well. Power Rangers........puhlease!! All my friends lived for weekdays at 3:30 when Ultraman came on. It was so cool!! I can't wait for this set.

Tom

Mon May 01, 2006 6:04 am

Anyone remember Shazam on saturday mornings?

Mon May 01, 2006 11:27 am

JLGB wrote:Anyone remember Shazam on saturday mornings?

Nope.

Tiswas & The Multi-coloured Swap Shop, and something with Mike Read in it.

Mon May 01, 2006 12:15 pm

Colin,

The good old days.

Loved Tiswas and SwapShop.

The show with Mike Reid in it.Was it 'Runaround'?

Bring back Jim'll Fix It. :wink:

Mon May 01, 2006 4:51 pm

Oh, Elders, fleet and strong and wise, appear before my seeking eyes!

Of course, I remember this one!

Tom

Tue May 02, 2006 3:09 am

Nice artwork :lol:

Tue May 02, 2006 3:26 am

Tom in North Carolina wrote:

Oh, Elders, fleet and strong and wise, appear before my seeking eyes!

Of course, I remember this one!

Tom
After Superman for a while he was a favorite of mine! :) Elementary school mid 70s I guess...

Tue May 02, 2006 3:45 am

What was the movie he did with Godzilla? I saw a bit of that last night on the Sci-fi channel... Godzilla was also fightin some big metal chicken looking thingy! lol :lol:

JEFF d
EP fan