Off Topic Messages

Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:58 pm

No Iraqi Ties To Al Qaeda????????

THE FORMER IRAQI REGIME OF Saddam Hussein trained thousands of radical Islamic terrorists from the region at camps in Iraq over the four years immediately preceding the U.S. invasion, according to documents and photographs recovered by the U.S. military in postwar Iraq. The existence and character of these documents has been confirmed to THE WEEKLY STANDARD by eleven U.S. government officials.
The secret training took place primarily at three camps--in Samarra, Ramadi, and Salman Pak--and was directed by elite Iraqi military units. Interviews by U.S. government interrogators with Iraqi regime officials and military leaders corroborate the documentary evidence. Many of the fighters were drawn from terrorist groups in northern Africa with close ties to al Qaeda, chief among them Algeria's GSPC and the Sudanese Islamic Army. Some 2,000 terrorists were trained at these Iraqi camps each year from 1999 to 2002, putting the total number at or above 8,000. Intelligence officials believe that some of these terrorists returned to Iraq and are responsible for attacks against Americans and Iraqis.

The discovery of the information on jihadist training camps in Iraq would seem to have two major consequences: It exposes the flawed assumptions of the experts and U.S. intelligence officials who told us for years that a secularist like Saddam Hussein would never work with Islamic radicals, any more than such jihadists would work with an infidel like the Iraqi dictator. It also reminds us that valuable information remains buried in the mountain of documents recovered in Afghanistan and Iraq over the past four years.

I can go on......

Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:00 pm

Scatter wrote:

In addition, through interviews with Iraqi scientists, seized documents and other evidence, the ISG learned the Iraqi government had made "clandestine attempts between late 1999 and 2002 to obtain from North Korea technology related to 1,300-kilometer-range [807 miles] ballistic missiles - probably the No Dong - 300-kilometer-range [186 miles] antiship cruise missiles and other prohibited military equipment," Kay reported.

Holy smokes! You mean to tell me there's actually a ballistic missile with the capability of targeting dongs? Damn, I'm glad we got rid of Hussein more than ever. Even though I'm married I still occasionally get to use my dong for something other than taking a pi$$. So thank you President Bush for making the world and dongs safer!

Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:09 pm

PETEPETEPETE..........

The Dong is the name of the MISSILE........not the TARGET.

Besides........even though Clinton sold sophisticated targeting systems to the Chinese that have jeopardized our National Security, they're not accurate enough yet to hit a target as small as your dong. :lol:

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:02 am

ColinB wrote:
Yes, a growing unrest verging on civil war !

There are those who want to sabotage the introduction of democracy.

But the presence of the coalition forces is part of the problem.

Is our continuing occupation making things worse ?

Or would our withdrawal simply cause a blood-bath ?

We shouldn't have invaded, sure, but that's in the past now.

How to make the best of the current situation is the dilemma our leaders face.

Wise post, indeed. Do we throw more money (and American - and UK- lives) at this pack of tribal savages who could use their own enlightment in the coming centuries? (For they're still obviously in the Dark Ages we experienced as a civilization long ago...)

And our even-handed view of Islam is way too charitable.

Good riddance. Plenty of conservatives think this war is a total fiasco.

Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:12 am

Scatter wrote:PETEPETEPETE..........

Besides........even though Clinton sold sophisticated targeting systems to the Chinese that have jeopardized our National Security, they're not accurate enough yet to hit a target as small as your dong. :lol:

Either you've been having some conversations with my wife, or I need to draw the shade better when I take a shower! :oops:

Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:05 am

Pete Dube wrote:
Scatter wrote:PETEPETEPETE..........

Either you've been having some conversations with my wife, or I need to draw the shade better when I take a shower! :oops:

Both must be equally disturbing options...... :lol: