Off Topic Messages

VP Cheney shoots fellow hunter in TX

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:02 am

Doc'll love to slobber all over this topic.

In Texas, Vice President Cheney accidentally shot and injured a hunter today, Sunday.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:14 am

so why help him??

Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:07 am

by posting on it first, steals his thunder.

44% less jollies he'll get by not being first on the scene!

Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:09 am

not a bad strategy! lol

Mon Feb 13, 2006 4:51 am

Kinda amusing though :) Reminds me of a Woody Allen stand-up routine from the 60s.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:19 am

I've never thought much of people who kill animals.
This afternoon I watched Bambi and Bambi II and I still don't think much about people who kill animals.
Then I see the news and Cheney shoots a guy he's hunting with. I still feel the same way. But I guess if hunters are going to shoot someone...it might as well be each other.

jeff R

Re: VP Cheney shoots fellow hunter in TX

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:34 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:Doc'll love to slobber all over this topic.

In Texas, Vice President Cheney accidentally shot and injured a hunter today, Sunday.

I rather have they shoot eachother than animals.
It shows you do not need to have any intelligence to become (vice-)president.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:23 pm

jefferson's vice-president, aaron burr, killed alexander hamilton in a duel (1804).

though cheney's sounds like an accident. sh*t happens.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:51 pm

There is a difference in doing a duel and get killed or accidentally being shot by someone who is this stupid and should be kept far away from anything that shoots bullets.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:10 am

I don't see what all the fuss is about. After all, the guy Cheney shot was a lawyer. That herd sure can use some thinning! :wink: :)

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:21 am

jeffreyjames wrote:I've never thought much of people who kill animals.
This afternoon I watched Bambi and Bambi II and I still don't think much about people who kill animals.
Then I see the news and Cheney shoots a guy he's hunting with. I still feel the same way. But I guess if hunters are going to shoot someone...it might as well be each other.

jeff R

When I watched Bambi I couldn't help but think of that great dinner the hunter had after shooting the mom. Nothing like good ol fresh red meat. :twisted:

Just eat plenty of blueberries to follow to flush out the toxins.

Jeff just out of curiousity are you a vegetarian?

Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:40 am

Hi Genesim,

No I'm not a vegetarian. I used to be but had trouble eating only vegetables so that didn't last more than a year or so.
I'm against hunting unless it is needed for food. I love animals and I have several cats and fish and if I had the money I would buy land and have a refuge for animals.

jeff R

Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:26 am

Just messing with ya buddy.

But seriously, hunting deer is a good thing. Deer is the most dangerous animal to man because of car accidents. Thank goodness for the hunters that keep the population down.

Deer meat I can take or leave. I actually like the fat, so "lean" meat is not to my liking.

I love veggies though. Just had Cauliflower and Carrots. Tasted great....of course that had to be fried too! I know it isn't good for me...but it is good nonetheless!

Wed Feb 15, 2006 3:57 pm

But was it 'friendly fire' or 'collateral damage' ?

I think we should be told !

Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:58 pm

In defense of Aaron Burr his shooting of Hamilton was also something of an accident in that the pistols that they used in those days couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. That was the reason people had those duels to defend their honor because almost nobody ever got killed. He was by most accounts genuinely surprised that he actually hit Hamilton. In theory the aim was to shoot to kill or wound but nobody ever really did except here which is why along with the participants the story has lived in infamy.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:02 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:Hi Genesim,

No I'm not a vegetarian. I used to be but had trouble eating only vegetables so that didn't last more than a year or so.
I'm against hunting unless it is needed for food. I love animals and I have several cats and fish and if I had the money I would buy land and have a refuge for animals.

jeff R

Good on ya :wink:

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:48 pm

I laughed at what I heard today pertaining to this incident......

Where would you rather be.........???
Hunting with Cheney in the woods, or going over a bridge in a car driven by Ted Kennedy???

At least Cheney would get you to a hospital...........Kennedy would leave you at the bottom of the river. :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:04 am

Remember folks, the lawyer got hit with birdshot, and it takes a silver bullet to kill a bloodsucker.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 12:37 am

Loose Kennedy associations to the side, the main reason the VP comes off badly in this issue is the fact that he tried to cover up the incident and White House staffers the next day tried to blame on the guy who got shot. An accident can happen to anyone. It's just symptomatic of this administration that they can't and won't apologize or take responsibility for anything not withstanding whatever comes out of tonight's interview with Cheney. Had the VP went on TV and said I made a mistake, it was an accident and I'm sorry he would probably even come off a little sympathetic in the situation.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:07 am

I tend to agree with that summation, LTB. I find it reprehensible that the Vice President, and the White House in general, would stay so quiet over such a thing. Their silence is maddening.

I have supported George W. Bush and his administration over many issues, but I don't know how anyone can defend Mr. Cheney's actions in this situation. They should have stepped up and handled it in a proper way, but they haven't come close to that, in my opinion.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 8:47 am

Scatter wrote:I laughed at what I heard today pertaining to this incident......

Hunting with Cheney in the woods, or going over a bridge in a car driven by Ted Kennedy???

At least Cheney would get you to a hospital...........Kennedy would leave you at the bottom of the river. :lol: :lol:

It's just a joke of course, but it strikes me as a bit desperate to be flagging up an incident that occurred more than 30 years ago.

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:24 am

TJ wrote:
Scatter wrote:I laughed at what I heard today pertaining to this incident......

It's just a joke of course, but it strikes me as a bit desperate to be flagging up an incident that occurred more than 30 years ago.

TJ.......you're sense of humor needs tweaking my boy :lol:

So here I go.........

There is no statute of limitations on negligent homocide........no redemption for waiting 3 days to report the crime. Kennedy was an apt comparison.Except he actually killed someone.

Cheney doesn't owe anyone an explanation beyond what he gave.

Besides.......It was a private matter.........it doesn't affect how he will perform his duties.....you remember, like getting a BJ in the Oval Orifice while a world leader in the most volatile region of the world awaits in the Rose Garden (Yassir Arafat).

A little consistency from the Left would be a refreshing change :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2006 6:47 am

Scatter wrote:
Besides.......It was a private matter.........it doesn't affect how he will perform his duties.....

If Harry Whittington had simply blown Cheney, the libs wouldn't have had a problem with it...they would have called that a private matter. :lol:

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:20 am

EagleUSA wrote:Scatter wrote:
Besides.......It was a private matter.........it doesn't affect how he will perform his duties.....

If Harry Whittington had simply blown Cheney, the libs wouldn't have had a problem with it...they would have called that a private matter. :lol:

Precisely......... :lol:

Here......

In the absence of any pressing news these days -- other than Iran's nuclear weapons development crisis, the election of Hamas terrorists in Palestine, ongoing worldwide Muslim riots and killing in reaction to a cartoon, Al Gore's near sedition while speaking in Saudi Arabia, the turning over of our East Coast ports to be managed by a United Arab Emirates firm, the criminal leaking of vital NSA secrets to the New York Times, Mexican military incursions across our southern border, the Iraqi crisis, Congress's refusal to deal with the developing financial collapse of Social Security and Medicare, inter alia -- the White House press corp has exploded in righteous fury over the question of the vice president's little shooting party last weekend.

Anyone who relies upon the MSM anymore for truth.......or is unable to perceive the odious bias it exudes..........is a dope, or a dupe.

Or a duped dope :wink:

Fri Feb 17, 2006 7:35 am

Stop. Especially with the near sedition stuff.

Had Clinton had a similar accident we would have never heard the end of it. All the media was all over it including the sainted Fox News. Again as I explained before the Vice President has himself to blame over the lion's share of the media uproar as Bush apologist Chris Matthews explained on television the other night. It was only as the cover up became evident that the story became inflated. A cover up implies some kind of wrongdoing. Few would argue that it's an interesting story and few would argue that it's a story of towering importance. It was the Vice President's odd behavior that inflated it though in the first place.

To equate shooting a man with the sex act is a little disturbing to me.