Off Topic Messages

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:58 am

Words cannot describe the sadness I am feeling right now.

Her warm and classy posts, her very presence on this board will be missed tremendously. :cry:

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:22 am

makes you realise you don't know what you got 'till its gone, but we must move on. i don' think Sue would want us all to mourn her for an extended period of time, she would want us to keep talking bout the man that we, and SHE loved, Elvis

and i agree with Rob, let us keep our arguments and insults etc to our selves in respect of her. she hated this i know, because in one of my threads where i was fighting, she told me to stop, but i kept going, but then she REALLY meant it and i stopped for her. she was very sincere, and gave alot of advice and warm greetings to the board members, and being a teacher, i'm sure her students will be shocked

as i have said, my condolences to the family and her friends, and R.I.P Sue

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:34 am

A beautiful lady inside and out.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:53 am

I am so sad in my heart to read this.

Quite frankly Sue was the type of fan that kept me coming to this messageboard for I would truely enjoy reading her upbeat posts! Hey all you would have to do was see that name "Silver" come up on a thread and you allways new it was going to be something good... she was a fan who had a heart as big as the wide open sky...

I for one will miss her so much... when she rubs elbows with Elvis in heaven, I'm sure he will sing her favorite song for her.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:39 am

I did not know this lady at all, but I can see that a lot of you people did know her and are speaking very highly of her...

People are not forgotten as long as they are remembered.....

My condolences to her family......

PEP

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:45 am

So sad to hear about this; it´s true that you feel like you know someone by reading their posts, and Sue was always so nice, and warm.

About a year ago I nearly lost my wife in a car accident (she was alright, thank God, while the car was completely smashed) and it does make you so much more aware of how precious and short life is. Every day that you get to spend together with your loved ones is a blessing, really.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:47 am

SAND
by Ann & Nancy Wilson

I asked a distant star
I wonder where you are
The shadow at my door
A friend who is no more
I watched you go to the wind
I closed my eyes
Goodbye, goodbye my friend

Friends and family, the branches of the tree
Sheltered in the rain, telling me again
No matter how the raindrops run
The world will turn, turn back to the sun

A trick of light upon our eyes
A trick of time upon our lives
Ancient songs cry out to you
Surely this sweet sand is slippin through

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:45 pm

JLGB:

I copied your signature in my profile. Is that Ok for you?

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm

carolynlm wrote:Silver's one dream she had, was to someday visit Graceland.....if anyone is going in the near future, could you please write her name on the fence.....
thankyou

Well, I have plans to go in the Elvis Week 2007 and I will meet many and many friends that I made virtually. And for sure I would´ve liked to meet her.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:56 pm

When I first read about this, I was whoa...who...what...? And then it hit me when I quickly just rushed over to the off topic area.

It kinda made my bad day even worse, but I'd have to say Silver's going tops it.

You never know you'd miss somebody until they've gone.

A truly good member of this forum and a great Elvis fan.

Perhaps she's at that Elvis concert in Heaven as we speak. Or perhaps he's giving her a personal serenade.

Adios, Silver.

"When dreams of a lifetime must come to an end, that's when your heartaches begin..."

"I'll be coming home, wait for me..."

P.S.

I just realized the last post she directed towards me was about trying PB&B sandwiches. :lol: :cry:

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:10 pm

This is terrible news. Deepest sympathy to her family and friends.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:28 pm

The FECC team have put a little memorial note on Sue's avatar and signature on all her posts.

What a kind and fitting gesture !

Thanks team !

Mon Feb 13, 2006 7:34 pm

Renan wrote:JLGB:

I copied your signature in my profile. Is that Ok for you?
Sure. It is hers.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:10 pm

What dreadful news. Her posts were always a breath of fresh air to read. My heartfelt condolences to Sue's family and friends. I am sure she is chatting to Elvis right now. R.I.P.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:39 pm

I've only now just heard about this and am devastated

R.I.P. Sue (Judy)

Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:51 pm

carolynlm wrote:Silver's one dream she had, was to someday visit Graceland.....if anyone is going in the near future, could you please write her name on the fence.....
thankyou

That is a great idea, Carolyn. I am getting married at the Chapel in the Woods adjacent to Graceland in April. I will certainly honor her memory by doing that. Reading all of these wonderful stories about Sue is making this situation sadder and sadder..........

Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:09 pm

I dont know what to say....

My heart hurts.

My Avitar has been changed for the rest of the week. There is no laughter today.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:08 am

Just seeing this information now, thanks to Rob's outgoing message on his posts.

She was indeed a very warm person and I'm very shocked and saddened by this news. It's a reminder that all of us could leave at any moment and should try to get closer to the kindness she exhibited here regularly.

Rest in peace, Sue.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:37 am

Very sad. A real lady. RIP.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:31 am

May she rest in peace. My thoughts and prayers are with her family.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:30 am

KHoots wrote:
thankyou

That is a great idea, Carolyn. I am getting married at the Chapel in the Woods adjacent to Graceland in April. I will certainly honor her memory by doing that. Reading all of these wonderful stories about Sue is making this situation sadder and sadder..........

I'm sure Sue will apreciate that, my prayers are with her family at this time.

Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:37 pm

I'm saddened to hear of Sue's passing.

Although I never exchanged any posts with her and, therefore, can't claim to have known her, it's clear from many of your testimonies that she was a kind and generous lady who touched the hearts of many of you.

To all her family and friends on this board, please accept my condolences.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:22 am

I'm so sorry to see this, I'm just seeing it now.

I don't remember ever interacting with Silver/Sue/Judy here, but I did enjoy her messages and comments here.

She will be missed. I send my condolences to her friends and family.