Off Topic Messages

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:53 pm

I read this thread last night and didn't want to believe what had happened. Sue and I PM'd each other a few times. She was a lovely lady with a great sense of humour. She will be sadly missed. Mr. McGhee and I will miss her postings.

God bless you, Sue.

Mrs. McGhee

Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:10 pm

R.I.P Silver.

Going by her post's on this messageboard you could plainly see she was a very happy and fullfilled person which makes this all the more hard to take.

A very sudden and sad ending to a lovely gal....My sincerest condolonces go to all family and friends of Sue at this sad time.

May she rest in peace.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:53 pm

I just read this thread for the first time and I'm stunned. Sue was such a nice member of this mb, who sometimes tried to mediate between people having disputes. As a tribute to Sue we should make a commitment to conduct ourselves with civility.
RIP Sue. Yours is a good soul.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:01 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry: .............

We love you honey :(

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:12 pm

Very sad news...

I enjoyed reading her posts, and she will definately be missed by everyone here.

My condolences to her family.

Rich

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:17 pm

how awful, have just seen this .. condolences and RIP to all her family

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:19 pm

Terrible news.

I can't pretend I really knew much of Sue and her presence here (not been here long) - but this is touching nonetheless.

A man was also fatally killed in a sudden collision outside my student house last Friday. Makes you realise how precious life is!

My condolences, also.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:00 pm

I have to comment one more time.

Last night I was thinking about the last time Silver responded to me personally. It made me think and I got even sadder.

She was the only one that caught on about my new marriage.

Now this is not the place for me to harp, and believe me I was trying to keep quiet about it because of past issues, so it didn't matter. But right now or evermore I just don't care.

The point is that for some reason, she caught on. Just from a few statements(like housewives liking gameboys, which MY wife never really cared for), on my arcade post. It meant alot to me, even though I was hard pressed to admit it.

I will always remember that, and that is how she posted on this board. She would sit back and look at what other people wrote then come in with a judgement if we didn't "play nice". I will miss that dearly!

Silver wrote:BTW, a few months ago you were talking about your girlfriend, and then
suddenly you're talking about your wife!! Are congratulations in order??
If so, CONGRATULATIONS!!
sue

Posted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:13 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen,
You seem much happier and much more gentle now (also, much more
civilized LOL - got that one from a kid who had to write why he should
act nicer on the yard). She has a very good effect on you!!
Congratulations to her!!
sue

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:09 pm

Ciscoking wrote:Please excuse me if I donĀ“t find the right words..english isn`t my native language..and I am just too shocked..
You know..I started writing for Steve on Elviscrawler about one year ago.
I met a lot of new people there.. many were happy to have new stuff on the site etc....
But one person really meant it from the bottom of her heart....sue..
Soon she used to call me "sweatheart".."honey"..you know that w a s Sue...she really meant it..
Then one day I recognised she was looking for a special item..well I thought I`d make a present for her because of the always kind and nice words she had for me..no matter where..
So I send her this stuff to California by insisting of nothing getting in return. But as I refused to take she innsisted to give..in the end I said o.k....you kow what shwe sent.....jewelery made by her for my wife...
What I want to say ....have you ever met such a lovely person..??
A few weeks later another package arrived....I was beaten..
I was just on the way to prepare something for her...
Sue and me..we had a special relationship...she was a lady and a friend to me...I cannot believe it..so sad ..
You should read her posts on crawler to every tiny thing I did..always nice words...
You know these words are the engine who encourages you to keep on ..
To keep on spending ages infront your PC to please Elvis fans all around the world..
Now she is silent..RIP Sue...I will never forget you..!!!!
Same with me my friend. :cry:

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:14 pm

Only just read this thread, and i`m sitting here in total shock. Sue`s warmth and good nature came through in her posts.

RIP Sue

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:05 pm

:cry:

I am completely shocked!! Still trying to believe that!!

Man, tears are in my eyes. She was so sweet, treated me and my brother so good..... :cry: :cry:

May she rest in peace. I will be praying for her today.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:45 pm

Very sad to hear this. Rest in peace, Silver.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:54 pm

My sincere condolences: I truly am saddened to hear this news.

jb

re

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:04 am

I enjoyed reading her posts.
My condolences for her family.

God bless you

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:04 am

KHoots wrote:it's very strange to miss someone we never really knew. You get to kind of "know" someone by the way he/she posts

Exactly how I feel it buddy!

Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:06 am

Judy,

As you can see Sue was a very dear person here. Send my condolences to her family.

If the family have the possibility to read this surely they will feel stronger to go on.

Again and again my deepest respect for her.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:03 am

A few liberal individuals here preach alot about tolerance and understanding yet hypocritically manage to insult and antoganize members at the same time.

Sue was the real deal.
She really was tolerant and understanding and humane.
She never called anyone here ignorant or any other unkind word.

It's not fair for her own family and friends,
let alone us,
to lose her presence.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 1:17 am

When life is cut short in this way, it is of course a double tragedy, and I can only add my sincerest condolences to those added above. Sue might be glad that in some way all of us agree, those who don't get along, that we have all lost a wonderful person on this board.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:31 am

She is a LADY who brought her love of life to this board, and with her we saw her love of the children she taught..may her God wrap her in his/her arms and cherish her, as we cherish the fact that she has touched our lives

Rusty

Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:39 am

Hey guys, forget this fight here in this topic, please. :wink:

In her memory.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 3:15 am

I pray for the kids that will find out monday morning at her school.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:44 am

This is absolutely horrible horrible news. I feel completely shattered.

Sue was not just only a friend, but someone who would listen to my long and sometimes babbling emails - with an open mind, and heart.
And a person who I would go to for advice. That's the kind of person Sue was. She judged nobody, but would rather bend over backwards for you. She was always sending me things in the mail as a surprise without even me having to ask.

It's quite obvious she was an Elvis fan with one of the biggest hearts we have ever seen in the history of this forum.
But more important, she was a "fan of the fans".

She was always respectful to everyone, no matter what the issue at hand was, or the person involved.

She was truly a beautiful person. And for her life to be cut short in this manner is simply heartbreaking not only for me, but for the many, many friends she has surely - as the outpouting of grief here proves - made during her time here at FECC and other places.

May Sue rest in peace. And there's no doubt that our guy met her at the crossroads to her everlasting life. I have no doubt in my mind what so ever that Sue could at this moment be looking down upon each and every one of us, and will continue to be though not in a physical sense, but rather a spiritual sense - part of this forum. I know that sounds wacky. But Sue made so many close friends, it's not that far fetched to conceive. She will be in the hearts and minds of all of us for a long long time.

My heart is broken, but at the same time - I'm glad we were notified of this horrible tragedy instead of wondering for years and years what happened to our good friend.

Sue, wherever you are - we all love you very much. And we will all meet again someday.

Rest in peace, SuzyQ
(as I've always personally addressed her).

My sincerest condolences to her family as well.
Jordan Ritchie

Mon Feb 13, 2006 5:50 am

Sue,
We hardly knew you. Rest in peace, dear Lady.

Tom

P. S. Tell Elvis I said hey!

Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:50 am

I have been away this weekend and am just reading this for the first time. Very rarely do I get personal on here, but I am numb with shock. I wish that I had kept every email that she had sent me. Seems like there was not a day that went by without me receiving something from her. She recently wanted to know some information about my wife. About a week after I told her, a box of jewelry arrived in the mail.

All one has to do is go back and search through her posts to find out what kind of a lady she was. I have yet to see someone on this board as kind and thoughtful as she was. If she ever said a negative word, I don't remember it. She emailed me and said that she was starting to get caught up on her FTD's and that they were being delivered to her house every few days. She was so excited about Elvis and especially talking to everyone on this board. I cannot begin to tell you how much I will miss her enthusiastic posts. She would get excited over the smallest things.

This dear sweet lady will be missed very much. What an incredible loss to this board. She was a sweetheart in every sense of the word. It's a shame that this happened at all, but with Valentine's Day just a couple of days away.

Sue hated controversy on this board. In honor of her, let's make a vow to keep the negativity away for the remainder of the month (if not much longer).

Throughout February, if you disagree with a post and cannot find something pleasant to say, move on and keep your comments to yourself.
No insulting of any kind. she hated that and in honor of her, it is the very least we can do. I hope all here can be in agreement with this. We owe it to her.

Rest in peace, Sue Silver. Our hearts are broken, but we are all better off because you were here, if only for a short time.

Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:53 am

This is really shocking. We exchanged a couple of PMs just last week and she went to my messageboard to say Hi for the contest.