Off Topic Messages

Silver

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:05 am

I am a good friend of sue (judy). She asked me to post here in case something happened to her. Unfortunately, she was in a fatal car accident on Friday. She asked me to post this and wish you well.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:07 am

No.

I am so sorry.

She's a very dear sweet member here and sincere Elvis fan.

GG

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:34 am

Thats terrible!

Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:57 am

I don't want to believe it.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:05 am

This is so awful. Please give our condolenses to her family.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:08 am

oh thats shocking.when i first read, i thought she had survived and was in hospital, but then i read back over it was a fatal accident. how terrible

Sue was a very kind, loved member of this board and we will miss her dearly. FECC's condolences to her family

this is indeed very sad

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:18 am

If this is a true report, it is absolutely saddening. Please post more information on this, Judy, if you can. We'd all appreciate it.

God rest your soul, Sue.

DJC

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:29 am

This is very sad indeed.
Sue will be with God soon.

jeff R

Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:35 am

I'm stunned by this. How awful :(

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:25 am

This is horrible news, really a shock.

I think it says a lot about her and our community that she'd care enough to think to make arrangements to notify us.

In spite of our many differences, we're all in this together.

I suggest we pay our respects to Silver by taking the time to treat each other with enough respect to be worthy of her thoughtfulness.

I'll try to do my part.

Condolences to her family and friends.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:53 am

I agree. Indeed a very shocking thing to have read when I first came upon it. :cry:

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:49 am

Many many times she has corrected me on this board and then turned around and stuck up for me.

I enjoyed her parallels with us as her "students". And I will miss her posts dearly.

Life is precious, and no matter how bad things are, every single day I am thankful for the breath of air I am privledged to have.

R.I.P. Sue, I never knew you as a person, but your values came through to me loud and clear. I am quite certain that you are in a better place now. In my mind, this board will never be the same again. This is the first death that has touched me personally from this board.

Thank you for sharing your time with us.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:50 am

Geez, how incredibly sad this is. Sue was one of the extended "family" here, and it's very strange to miss someone we never really knew. You get to kind of "know" someone by the way he/she posts, and Sue always seemed to have a way of coming across as a bright, fun, energetic person.

This is horrible news.

:cry:

Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:48 am

That is so sad. She was such a kind and communicative and friendly person. She was one of the kindest, most thoughtful and encouraging posters here. This is just devastating.

Please give my deepest sympathies to her family Judy.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:03 pm

My condoleances to Sue's family and friends.
This tragic accident shows once more that life can be too short. Much too short.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:15 pm

While I rarely participate on the MB these days, not a day goes by that my curiousity gets the better of me and I have to log on and read many of the posts. Today I was shocked and rather depressed to hear such sad news. Silver contributed greatly to this MB and I truely enjoyed reading many of her posts. :cry:

If you get the chance Silver, give our regards to Elvis, and let him know there are many that still think and talk about him on a sometimes crazy, but informative MB. Rest In Peace.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:00 pm

I just came on, and to read this first up...Well I don't know what to say. This is very sad news indeed.
May she rest in peace. :(

8)

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:01 pm

What terrible news.

It feels like losing a member of the family.

Sue was truly one of the 'good guys' on here.

She will be sadly missed by all.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:26 pm

Please excuse me if I donĀ“t find the right words..english isn`t my native language..and I am just too shocked..
You know..I started writing for Steve on Elviscrawler about one year ago.
I met a lot of new people there.. many were happy to have new stuff on the site etc....
But one person really meant it from the bottom of her heart....sue..
Soon she used to call me "sweatheart".."honey"..you know that w a s Sue...she really meant it..
Then one day I recognised she was looking for a special item..well I thought I`d make a present for her because of the always kind and nice words she had for me..no matter where..
So I send her this stuff to California by insisting of nothing getting in return. But as I refused to take she innsisted to give..in the end I said o.k....you kow what shwe sent.....jewelery made by her for my wife...
What I want to say ....have you ever met such a lovely person..??
A few weeks later another package arrived....I was beaten..
I was just on the way to prepare something for her...
Sue and me..we had a special relationship...she was a lady and a friend to me...I cannot believe it..so sad ..
You should read her posts on crawler to every tiny thing I did..always nice words...
You know these words are the engine who encourages you to keep on ..
To keep on spending ages infront your PC to please Elvis fans all around the world..
Now she is silent..RIP Sue...I will never forget you..!!!!

Sun Feb 12, 2006 1:42 pm

Very sad news indeed.

Sue was a kind lady. Her support often encouraged me too.

Her moderation and enthusiasm an example to us all. She will be missed.

Our hearts go out to her family and many friends.

Adios Silver.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:09 pm

This was Sue's final post. It is fitting that on her final post Sue was wishing well to others.

Sue wrote:
LTB,
Hope things get better for you. You are missed, but we understand that you need to take care of you and yours. We are all thinking about you and praying for you. Take care.
sue

We are all thinking about you and praying for you...

RKS

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:15 pm

this is so sad, i just can't believe it
she's without doubt one of the nicest people i have met here. i was always looking forward to her posts
i dunno what to say...i'm shocked

may she rest in peace

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:11 pm

Terrible, terrible news. It makes me so very sad.

Everyone else has said wonderful eloquent things.

I was so impressed with Sue's personality and always enjoyed reading her contributions (including one of the most beautiful avatars) to our small community here. Her devotion to the Elvis World should continue to be an example. My thoughts/prayers/sympathies go out to her family - off line and on.

If the measure of a life is what you mean to other people, then you had a very rich life indeed. Rest In Peace.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:43 pm

This is so terrible.

Her posts were always a joy to read.

She was just such a good person.

She'll be dearly missed.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:50 pm

I have gained much pleasure from Sue's posts and will miss her kind and thoughtful contributions.

My sincere sympathy to her family and friends

Geoff