Off Topic Messages

Copycat crap that must stop

Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:03 am

On search engines, and ebay, there's a cross-reference annoyance.

Elvis = Elvis Presley, Elvis Costello, Elvis Stoijko...

Elvis Costello (whom I have no use for; never did) shouldn't use the Elvis name at all.
EPE Lawyers, helloo sic him!

Seems now there's a female artist called....Olivia.

Not to be mistaken with Olivia Newton-John.

This new Olivia apparently does hiphop music
and tracks featuring 50 Cent (vomit)

what's next??

A gangsta rappa called...Travolta

or a band called....Cash.

Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:08 pm

EPE cannot force Elvis Costello to change his name now. He has been using this since the 1970's when he started as Elvis Costello & The Attractions.
His father is Ross McManus, who recorded a tribute to Elvis (Presley) LP under the name Big Ross.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:59 pm

I don’t see how EPE could stop EC or anyone else for that matter. People surely have the right to call themselves whatever they want.

Anyway Elvis Costello is a great artist – ask James & Jerry.

Re: Copycat crap that must stop

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:34 am

Graceland Gardener wrote:On search engines, and ebay, there's a cross-reference annoyance.

Elvis = Elvis Presley, Elvis Costello, Elvis Stoijko...

That annoyance happens in relation to a lot of searches. Fortunately, there is a simple way to resolve it. To exclude a keyword from a search, simply place a minus sign before that word. So if searching for Elvis CDs and wanting to exclude Costello, type...

elvis cds -costello

Note, the minus must be directly before the keyword, with no space, or it won't work.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:44 am

Thanks TJ

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:51 am

You're welcome.

Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:32 am

I eventually came to like some of Costello's work, but his annoying grab of Elvis' name (conveniently a year after he died) still grates for this Elvis fan.

Hooray for the eternal crankiness of the Gardener, however futile...

And throw in "Presley" too. Works like a charm, even though we should have to...

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:14 am

Bless your heart, Greg.
:wink:

or should I say....Elvis Gregory Nolan Cher Lee Lewis.

---------

ever see the SNL bit with host Jason Priestley taking Q&A from audience.
and Rob Schneider stands up and asks, "Are you any relation to Elvis Priestley?"

Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:46 am

I agree everytime you do a search like that, espically on a music program it brings up Elvis Costello music :twisted: