Off Topic Messages

Kill Bill:The Whole Bloody Affair SE DVD

Fri Feb 10, 2006 1:35 am

Anyone (besides me and Geno) remember the long-promised ultimate edition of the Kill Bill films?? Well, the delay isn't over yet, but there is a faint light at the end of the tunnel. The SE DVD is still planned, but is now in the hands of the infamous Weinstein Brothers who took the rights to films with them when they left Miramax. Look for Tarantino's edited-together Whole Bloody Affair version to be released by Genius Products sometime between now and the Second Coming.

Tom

Fri Feb 10, 2006 2:33 am

Well I hope it is in decent quality anyway. Guess I will wait on the boots till this happens!

Thx for the info.

Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:07 am

Tom, any insite to what will be new on them? I'm happy with the set as they are now... but then again I don't analyze ever little nuance either.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Feb 11, 2006 5:01 am

Jeff, the main difference will be that all the black & white footage will now be in color and there are supposedly several graphic deleted scenes that will be put back in. Like Geno says, only time will tell.

Tom

Sat Feb 11, 2006 6:23 am

Tom, I'm not sure that I want to see that scene in color!! :shock: :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Sat Feb 11, 2006 7:58 am

The first part of the movie, should stay in black n white. Color would ruin that shot.

The fight scene should be in all its bloody glory!

Why..first of all, old Japanese movies have buckets of blood, and they are purposely fake looking...take Shogun Assassin(the American piece together of the Lone Wolf and Cub series) which appears in sound only when Beatrice is with her child for the first night.

Secondly, it is pretty damn annoying to see the color footage over the credits of Kill Bill Volume II.. That and the Japanese get this stuff uncut!

To me an edit together would be marvelous! I hope pacing is changed along with more cohesive effort to make the SUM greater then its parts! Tarrantino wanted it that way, and I hope to see his vision SOON!

Like I said, one of the greatest "divorce" stories EVER!!!! Made me cry damn it!

Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:28 pm

Tarantino has said that it will be in theatres near the end of this year and on DVD sometime next year.

Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:29 am

Just got through watching the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly dvd special edition. Aside from it being such a great movie I liked how Kill Bill lifted the music from this movie and Once Upon A Time In The West.

here are some examples:

When the first of Van Cleefs new clan members gets killed in the destroyed town the "flute" theme was used just the same as the weird music that was played while O-Ren as a little girl puts the blade into the ped-o-phile "Boss" real slow like.

The theme in OUATITW used when Claudette is looking at her watch and then looking on at the bare train station to the wide shot of the bustling town is the same as when O-Ren's mom gets killed in the same Japanese anime as she has the shower of cartoon blood on her face.

The end of TGTBATU has the guitar plucking during the final face off between the 3 entities. This is the same as the poignant ending between Bill and *beep* Beatrice. What is different about this is the former uses this scene as a tension builder to the finale, while the latter IS the finale.

Finally the end theme as Bill hits the dirt is the same as Henry Fonda's entrance I believe in OUATITW. If it isn't there, it is a similar part in the movie.

Love those scores!

Tue Feb 14, 2006 7:25 am

One last post before the day of silence.

Also another part where the music is shared is the Charles Bronson harmonica theme in OUATITW. This is used when Beatrice is walking across the desert and up to the usual revenge music when Budd and Elle meet.

Ok see you guys in a day or so. No posts from anyone!!!

Happy Valentines Day and R.I.P. Sue we will never forget you!