Off Topic Messages

Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:41 am

I understand Bono is due to go into hospital to have his head removed from his own arse.

Maybe they'll give him a bath when he's in there.

And a decent voice.

And hopefully even a reason for being.

Then they can give his mate who plays geetar a proper name. I mean, Edge? Edge of what? Reality? And what does he have under that silly little woolen hat? A silly little woolen head?

Sat Feb 11, 2006 4:33 am

Maurice -
You are right to be proud of your Irish countrymen U2. But IMO Ireland's greatest contribution to post war popular music is Van Morrison!

Sat Feb 11, 2006 12:09 pm

You Two, Tits :lol:

Pete the guys have done very well for themselves internationally, and Ireland benifits.

Van the man is an aquired taste which I do not savour. But he has built himself quite a reputation nonetheless.

There is a bronze statue of Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynot in the Centre of Dublin erected last year! (nothing to do with me:-) Phil was an Elvis fan Image

My son preferred Rory Gallagher to them all. And as you know, I admire the great and late Josef Locke...and Enya :lol:

Having Elvis fans at the Top of popular music helps our cause don't you think?

Wed Feb 15, 2006 11:07 pm

Bon Scott era AC/DC would probably blow both Macca, U2, Queen and anybody else out of the water IMO!

Sincerely MB280E

Thu Feb 16, 2006 2:18 am

MauriceinIreland wrote:There is a bronze statue of Thin Lizzy's Phil Lynot in the Centre of Dublin erected last year! (nothing to do with me:-) Phil was an Elvis fan

Lynott released the greatest and most sincere Presley tribute ever IMO: His solo hit 'The Kings Call' also featured Mark Knoffler on guitar. Check it out King fans!

Thu Feb 16, 2006 4:38 pm

The best tribute record to Elvis in my opinion, was Carl Perkins "The EP Express".

And he recorded that song when Elvis was still alive.

Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:15 pm

Tits McGhee wrote:I understand Bono is due to go into hospital to have his head removed from his own arse.

Maybe they'll give him a bath when he's in there.

And a decent voice.

And hopefully even a reason for being.

Then they can give his mate who plays geetar a proper name. I mean, Edge? Edge of what? Reality? And what does he have under that silly little woolen hat? A silly little woolen head?
:smt046