Off Topic Messages

Graceland Pics - Pre-Elvis

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:23 am

I thought you might enjoy seeing Graceland pre-Elvis...

http://www.frogcountry.com/index.php?module=Photoshare&type=show&func=viewimage&iid=417&viewkey=

Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 am

Those are interesting. Thanks for posting them. There is certainly quite a bit of history in that old house, isn't there.

Love the dining room pic.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:14 am

Interesting. Thanks.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Very interesting! :D

Wed Feb 08, 2006 1:43 pm

Thanks for posting these. It makes me wonder if Elvis ever went past Graceland as a teenager, dreaming of the day he would own such a place.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:41 pm

Thanks for the fascinating pics !

Doesn't it seem strange to think of Graceland without any Elvis connection !

Kinda like the Whitehouse without a president, Mount Rushmore with no carvings or Neverland without Michael Ja................

No, scrub that last one.................

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:17 pm

It's a difficult place to get a sense of scale. I didn't think the dining room would hold so many people.

The few times I've been, I keep being suprised that it's not as large as the frontage suggests.

Thanks for the link.

Fascinating stuff.

Geoff

Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:36 pm

Glad you enjoyed the pics. It does make you wonder how many other pics of a pre-Elvis Graceland are available. Incidentally, I scanned those shots from a spiral-bound book, Graceland, which I received from two women authors from southern Michigan. I apologize that their names escape me at the moment, but the "book" is full of legal documentation and newspaper clippings about Graceland, its former owners, etc. Unfortunately, those pics are the only ones included, except for a semi-recent shot of the guy who constructed the house.