Off Topic Messages

Tom from NC....need your help with some movie news

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:22 am

Hi Tom,

You always seem to be the one to ask such things.
Could you tell me, if you know, a list of DVDs that have been announced from the Disney Studio. I don't mean Touchstone or Mirimax or whatever...just the Disney releases that have been scheduled. I've been wanting to order a few discs that I have missed, such as "Little Mermaid", "101 Dalmations", "Jungle Book". I know they can still be found on Ebay and other places but if they are coming again soon, I'd prefer to wait.
I know "Lady & The Tramp" is coming very soon and Bambi 2 but what else?
Many thanks.

jeff R

Re: Tom from NC....need your help with some movie news

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:25 pm

jeffreyjames wrote:I've been wanting to order a few discs that I have missed, such as "Little Mermaid", "101 Dalmations", "Jungle Book". I know they can still be found on Ebay and other places but if they are coming again soon, I'd prefer to wait.
I know "Lady & The Tramp" is coming very soon and Bambi 2 but what else?
Many thanks.

Jeffrey,
You (and my daughters) are in luck. 2006 will be a very good year for Disney releases:
Lady & the Tramp will street on February 28th in a 2-Disc Platinum Edition!!
Bambi II came out today. Ain't seen it, ain't gonna.
Disney Princess Sing-Along Songs:Vol. 3-Perfectly Princess will street on 2/28.
The Shaggy Dog:The Wild & Woolly Edition (1959) and The Shaggy D.A.:The Canine Candidate Edition (1976) will both street on March 7th.
Chicken Little will street on March 21st.
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe will street on April 4th in both single and a 2-disc editions.
The Greatest Game Ever Played (great film!!!) will street on April 11th.
Dinosaurs Seasons 1 & 2 will FINALLY street on May 2nd.
Dumbo: Special Edition RUMORED for release on June 13th. No official confirmation, as of yet.
Lilo & Stitch: Special Edition This oft-delayed 2-disc SE is now set to be released on July 4th, (I'll believe it when I see it).
The Little Mermaid:Platinum Edition This is the biggy that everyone's been asking for. A 2-disc PE, complete with deleted scenes, will street on October 3rd. Look for this to overtake The Lion King as Disney's all-time top seller.
Song of the South-Rumored for Fall '06 release in a 60th Anniversary SE. However, considering how Disney has buried this film due to it's racial overtones, I'll, once again, believe it when I see it.
The Fox and the Hound: Special Edition set for Fall '06 release to coincide with the "straight to video" sequel.

Well, those are the biggies for 2006. In 2007, look for:

The Jungle Book:Platinum Edition in Febraury and 101 Dalmatians:Platinum Edition in October.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:38 pm

Many thanks Tom. I will hold off on Jungle Book & 101 Dalmations and wait for the Platinum Editions.
Yes, it does seem like a good year for Disney Animation.
No word on Disney Treasures? It seems that they are not announced until a couple months before they're out.
Again, many thanks.

jeff R

Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:50 pm

Anytime, Pal.

Tom

P.S. There is quite a bit of speculation on what will be included in the next wave of Walt Disney Treasures. The front runners are:

Silly Symphonies Vol.2
Spin and Marty Season 2
The Complete Pluto Vol. 2
Chronological Donald Volume 3
Zorro
Disneyland USA Volume 2

Tom

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:55 am

Lilo & Stitch: Special Edition This oft-delayed 2-disc SE is now set to be released on July 4th, (I'll believe it when I see it).

I bought a 2 disc special edition of this disc months ago. It has DTS sound an alternate ending etc.

Is there another version coming out? :shock:

8)

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/228909

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:15 am

It's good to see that Lady and the Tramp and The Junglebook will FINALLY make it to DVD! :D

They are both WAY overdue!

Br
Kristian

Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:22 am

sam wrote:I bought a 2 disc special edition of this disc months ago. It has DTS sound an alternate ending etc.

Is there another version coming out?

That's the version that we've been promised here several times.

Tom

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:36 am

I was a little skeptic about the Silly Symphonies, but after watching it, now its great to hear there will also be a Vol. 2 release.

Re: Tom from NC....need your help with some movie news

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Bambi II came out today. Ain't seen it, ain't gonna.

OK, so you can all me a hypocrite (or worse) if you want, but I blind bought it this morning. Hey, I'm a completist when it comes to Disney DVD's (and a Hell of a cool dad), so fire me.

Tom

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:42 pm

oops on subject.
Last edited by Juan Luis on Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:48 pm

I also bought Bambi II on Tuesday. I hope to see it this Sunday. Even though most, if not all Disney direct to home video are pretty bad, it's still one disc I'm looking forward to. If it was pretty good, I'm sure it would have been released to the theatres. So, I'm not expecting much but it might surprise me. I'm going to watch both Bambi films back to back.

jeff R

Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:54 pm

Jeff,
The main reason I bought it (besides my daughter asking) was because I have heard several very good reviews. Including one from a well-known critic of anything DTV, but especially Disney. 15 bucks at Wally-Mart, so who cares anyway.

Tom