Off Topic Messages

Sirius Satellite Radio (and Elvis)

Sun Feb 05, 2006 1:44 pm

Well, I finally did it. (Minkahed will be proud of me.)

Yesterday, I purchased Sirius Satellite Radio. My first impression after only a few hours is.....WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!

It's worth it for the All Elvis station alone. However, whatever your preference in music, news, talk radio, sports, entertainment, comedy, ect.....it's all there.
At this very minute, I'm listening to Reconsider Baby.

The only problem I've had is that it not only plays Elvis' biggest hits, it also plays some that I'd prefer not to hear when I'm with company.

Last night, I had a little bit of a crowd around and I was showing it off (I bought it for my house and Toyota Tundra). They were checking out the sound in my truck and I was blasting Elvis! Then out of nowhere, Ito Eats came on.

I couldn't switch it to the Classic Country station fast enough.

I was one of those who always said that I wouldn't pay to listen to the radio. My mind has drastically changed.

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:48 pm

That's great, Rob.

I've had mine since November for my birthday, and I've really enjoyed it [also wanted it for H. Stern]

I like George Klein's show on Friday's, but my favorite DJ is Doc Walker. He does a really good job. I listen to him on the way home from work.

Funny you mention Ito Eats -- on Doc Walker's show a little while back, he had people call and e-mail into the show, their 3 worst Elvis songs ever. And Ito Eats was certainly one of them :wink:

I can't even listen to regular radio anymore. There's no comparison...

Rich

Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:57 am

GREAT JOB ROB :!: :!: :!:

I wish you many hours and years of enjoyment with your new pleasure... :lol:

seriously, if you think "ITO EATS" would be an embarrassment, how 'bout trying to explain to people how great and important Elvis is/was and have "OLD MACDONALD" come blaring outta nowhere... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:02 pm

You guys need to clam up about Sirius Satellite, as I've been able to hold off of getting it, at least for now. :lol: I work in commercial radio, but it's still kinda difficult to stay away from it.

One thing we would never do in commercial radio-land, however, is subject the public to "Ito Eats," "Old MacDonald," "Yoga Is As Yoga Does," etc.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:25 pm

"Ito Eats" :!:

Ouch! :lol:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:36 am

Ito eats seems to be a favorite of theirs to play...
dont understand why at all...

anyone else have a problem when calling in to requests songs?
when ever I get the automated request line it NEVER recognizes the letters I put in.

also.....and i mean this as nicely as possible...am I the only who thinks George Klein kind of comes across as a jerk on the air?

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:25 am

KHoots wrote:I've been able to hold off of getting it, at least for now.

Do I detect someone who is giving in?

I'll never listen to regular radio again. Not only do you listen to what you prefer, but the sound is amazing. I'm definitely hooked. I'm paid up for a year, but will have it for quite awhile longer, no doubt about it.

Re: Sirius Satellite Radio (and Elvis)

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:55 am

Rob wrote:Yesterday, I purchased Sirius Satellite Radio. My first impression after only a few hours is.....WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG?!

I'm very interested in this as well.... but... I'm going to just have to wait a year or two to just see how much this pans out of being a fad or not. It should be very interesting year in radio regardless. Regular radio is simply going to have to shape up and listen to what listeners want or it is simply the end of their industry as they know it.

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:33 pm

Rob wrote:
KHoots wrote:I've been able to hold off of getting it, at least for now.

Do I detect someone who is giving in?

Rob, please, I'm trying to be strong. You're not helping.

Re: Sirius Satellite Radio (and Elvis)

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Rob wrote:Last night, I had a little bit of a crowd around and I was showing it off (I bought it for my house and Toyota Tundra). They were checking out the sound in my truck and I was blasting Elvis! Then out of nowhere, Ito Eats came on.

I couldn't switch it to the Classic Country station fast enough.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to worry. It already happened with me. :shock:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:47 pm

Is there any chance that this radio is available in Brazil????

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:27 pm

You can listen anywhere in the world online.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:08 pm

JLGB wrote:You can listen anywhere in the world online.

Yes I know. I would like to know if it´s possible to listen to the Elvis radio in my car for example.

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:12 pm

Go here to find out everything you need to know about it.

http://www.sirius.com/

Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:35 pm

Thanks!