Off Topic Messages

Oscar predictions

Wed Feb 01, 2006 6:56 pm

Best actor: Phillip Seymour Hoffman (Capote)
Best actress: Reese Witherspoon (Walk The Line). Although Judy Dench is a strong possibility as the Academy likes to honor veteran actors.
Best supporting actor: Paul Giamatti (Cinderella Man). He should've won best actor for Sideways.
Best supporting actress: Rachel Weiscz (The Constant Gardener). I'd drink her shoe sweat.
Best director: Ang Lee (Brokeback Mountain).
Best picture: Brokeback Mountain. The way this film is being pushed there's no way it won't win director and picture.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:04 am

I didn't see a whole lot of the films this year that were nominated. I mostly go for the "little" films...Independents.
But there are two films on the list of 5 Best Picture nominees that I know I will miss.

jeff R

Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 am

So which would your vote go for Jeff? Brokeback Mountain or Capote?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Save a horse ride a cowboy?

Just teasin ya Jeff!

Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:53 pm

I'll see Capote when it comes out on dvd. Hoffman is a terrific actor and Capote was certainly an interesting person.

Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:33 pm

Pete Dube wrote:
Best picture: Brokeback Mountain. The way this film is being pushed there's no way it won't win director and picture.

Don't you just love it when they shove things like that down your throat? :lol: (Pun intended)

Excuse me for a second while I utilize my puke pail.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:06 pm

Well, I got 4 of the 6 major catagories right. They snubbed Paul Giamatti yet again so they could throw a bouquet to Clooney. And they uncharacteristically split the best picture and director honors.

John Stewart's performance was rather underwhelming.

Mon Mar 06, 2006 6:35 pm

Pete Dube wrote:Well, I got 4 of the 6 major catagories right. They snubbed Paul Giamatti yet again so they could throw a bouquet to Clooney. And they uncharacteristically split the best picture and director honors.

John Stewart's performance was rather underwhelming.

I was glad to see Crash win, but to be honest it's the only one I'd seen so I'm not in the best position to judge its relative merits :) Clooney probably did deserve something this year as he's been on top of his game.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:40 am

Pete Dube wrote:Well, I got 4 of the 6 major catagories right. They snubbed Paul Giamatti yet again.

They aren't ever gonna give ol Pig Vomit an Oscar! Are you kiddin me! :lol:

JEFF d
Elvis fan

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:28 am

Phillip Seymour Hoffman Best Actor

YES!!! What a gifted performer.

Every since his rinky dink part in When A Man Loves A Woman, he has been hard for me to miss.

Best part...Boogie Nights as "Scottie". Now that is funny.

Then again any P.T. Anderson movie, has a wonderful performance from him.

Tue Mar 07, 2006 4:30 am

was he in Twister, the junk-cluttered guy jamming Van Hagar, blowing kisses at the black truck hi-tech rivals ?