Off Topic Messages

the greatest elvis song in the world ever

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:48 pm

i know this is a hard one to answer as i myself love allmost every song elvis has recorded.but if had to pick one song that i can not live without and for me defines the king it would be DONT BE CRUEL (i even have it as my ring tone on my mobile).i have been a fan for over 30 years and it still makes the hair stand on the back of my neck.so i was just wondering if everyone else has one song they can pick that is there best elvis song in the world ever or is there just to many ?

Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:55 pm

This post could be in the ALL ELVIUS section.

Well, very hard but I will try to think in one and post later.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:01 pm

A big hunk o' love (the original single release)

It got me hooked on Elvis' music. I did not understand a word of it. It was just the feeling of the song.
It got me interested to learn English and to hear more Elvis music.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:06 pm

For me, it can only be Elvis' version of Bridge Over Troubled Water.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:14 pm

For me it has to be Hound Dog. A rock and roll masterpiece like only Elvis in 1956 could sing it.

Javier

Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:36 pm

If i had to pick one song it would be 'Never Ending'.The first time i heard it i wasnt that big of a fan but it sent a shiver down my spine.Even before Elvis started singing it.

But please dont ever ask me to pick ONE song again. There are just too many songs to chose from. :wink:

Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:14 pm

Elvis and "An American Trilogy" just fit like a glove. That's the song for me!

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:21 pm

can't help falling in love or suspicious minds...

i can never decide between the two.

Mon Jan 30, 2006 11:30 pm

Old Shep.
A true masterpiece :!:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 1:09 am

Suspicious Minds....or
Just Pretend.........
Don't get me started or I'll be here all night! :lol:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:56 am

Carolyn is having trouble posting, but she asked me to post for her.

She wanted me to mention that her all-time favorite is of course, Burning Love.

You're welcome, Carolyn.

Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:49 pm

If I Can Dream

Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:43 am

Sean Ryan wrote:If i had to pick one song it would be 'Never Ending'.The first time i heard it i wasnt that big of a fan but it sent a shiver down my spine.Even before Elvis started singing it.

But please dont ever ask me to pick ONE song again. There are just too many songs to chose from. :wink:

Interesting choice Sean. This could've been a classic IMO but was ruined by the incredibly twee chorus. I can see why you like it so much though.

Fri Feb 03, 2006 1:20 pm

'Rags To Riches' for me.

Brian :D

Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:22 am

For me, it will always be HIS LATEST FLAME, this is pure Elvis magic!